In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

birdlaw117

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

blue_c wrote:Like was said, breakfast with faculty 8:30, vanderbilt hall. 9:00 is "a conversation with Richard Revesz" at the same place. 10:00 is when you can choose what to do. Tell me if you want more details about that.

I would just get there shortly before 9. It's going to be sitting around in chairs that are arranged for the speech that Ricky will give with a plate in your lap, etc. Profs are cool to chat with, but it's probably not the most useful event by any means.

Also, see you guys tomorrow evening at the reception with current students (or whatever it's called).

nine-and-fifty

Postby nine-and-fifty » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Law Revue was amazing.

ETA: I sat in on Corporations with Miller, and it was interesting and readily intelligible. (Though maybe this was due to the prof: even his questions were introduced in such a way that the desired answer was pretty clear).

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:28 am

Deciding to get more sleep and skip the first event or two.

I kind of feel like some of the earlier events today were a waste and I felt tired due to lack of sleep and wasn't entirely focused for the panels I thought were more helpful. I don't think asking 1L's whether they had free time is a pertinent question (sorry if that was a TLSer) but its such a broad question that is going to be entirely dependent on the individual answering (maybe they had shit grades? Maybe they were #1 in the class? seems like that would produce pretty different answers). Plus, I feel like the answer to that question is going to be pretty vanilla at every single top law school; doesn't really help you make objective observations about NYU.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 am

I met people at CLS ASW who hadn't even heard of the NLJ stats. So... not surprised somebody asked a question about free time :lol:

goducks01

Postby goducks01 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:51 am

Travel subsidy denied :(

I bought my ticket to ASD in April, but now I'm looking at hotel prices and regretting it. Do they have an option to stay with a current student? Or did anyone find a cheap hotel that's NYU-accessible?

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:01 am

Can I join this group if I'm only an LLM Tax student....?

Cause I freaking got accepted yesterday and I am so stoked!

larsoner

Postby larsoner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:52 am

patrickd139 wrote:Can I join this group if I'm only an LLM Tax student....?

Cause I freaking got accepted yesterday and I am so stoked!

Why not? Congrats. :)

ssteiner

Postby ssteiner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 am

Hey, I won't be coming in today until the second financing law school panel. Could someone let me know what time and room it's in? Forgot my packet at home. Thanks!

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 am

After 2 hours of sleep Wednesday night, I bailed halfway through Law Revue to crash (but great job, D'Angelo/St Anny) and just skipped the first few morning events. I'm at the clerkship panel now--it's interesting, but man, a lot of these kids need to be introduced to TLS. Ignorance abounds.

ETA: but this professor (Raskoff?) seems pretty chill.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:19 pm

ssteiner wrote:Hey, I won't be coming in today until the second financing law school panel. Could someone let me know what time and room it's in? Forgot my packet at home. Thanks!

4pm, Furman 214.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:After 2 hours of sleep Wednesday night, I bailed halfway through Law Revue to crash (but great job, D'Angelo/St Anny) and just skipped the first few morning events. I'm at the clerkship panel now--it's interesting, but man, a lot of these kids need to be introduced to TLS. Ignorance abounds.

Yeah, it was awkward when I visited by the people on my tour kept asking questions that I'd seen discussed on TLS like 1000x. I'm kind of surprised how few people appear to discover it since it's come up in basically every law school google search I've done.

ssteiner

Postby ssteiner » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:03 pm

zworykin wrote:
ssteiner wrote:Hey, I won't be coming in today until the second financing law school panel. Could someone let me know what time and room it's in? Forgot my packet at home. Thanks!

4pm, Furman 214.

Fantastic, thank you kindly.

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Agreed on the necessary TLS exposure. Parts of the Financial Aid thing made me want to slam my head against the table.

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:49 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:Agreed on the necessary TLS exposure. Parts of the Financial Aid thing made me want to slam my head against the table.

FryBreadPower wrote:Agreed on the necessary TLS exposure. Parts of the Financial Aid thing made me want to slam my head against the table.

Just felt it needed to be quoted more than once.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:After 2 hours of sleep Wednesday night, I bailed halfway through Law Revue to crash (but great job, D'Angelo/St Anny) and just skipped the first few morning events. I'm at the clerkship panel now--it's interesting, but man, a lot of these kids need to be introduced to TLS. Ignorance abounds.

You're on my campus and didn't tell me?

All of you in the same boat should be ashamed.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 pm

I really enjoyed today. Really enjoyed the view from the 9th floor. Wow!

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Anyone make their decision after this weekend? Anyone less sure than before? I loved the village and the students definitely seemed very happy. I think that's something that you can't overlook quite so easily. I'm gonna wait on some financial aid from here and other schools but got damn I would love to live in the city for at least a few years.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:49 pm

blue_c wrote:I really enjoyed today. Really enjoyed the view from the 9th floor. Wow!

+1!

Mal Reynolds wrote:Anyone make their decision after this weekend? Anyone less sure than before? I loved the village and the students definitely seemed very happy. I think that's something that you can't overlook quite so easily. I'm gonna wait on some financial aid from here and other schools but got damn I would love to live in the city for at least a few years.

Nothing really changed for me. I liked the vibe from both Columbia and NYU. All things being equal, I'd still take Columbia. But, I'll have to see how the money situation works itself out in the next week or so. I know I'll be very happy with whichever choice I make though.

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 am

Bronck wrote:Nothing really changed for me. I liked the vibe from both Columbia and NYU. All things being equal, I'd still take Columbia. But, I'll have to see how the money situation works itself out in the next week or so. I know I'll be very happy with whichever choice I make though.

Did you figure out the fin aid site out?

Of my current options I think I'll be here next year.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:37 am

blue_c wrote:
Bronck wrote:Nothing really changed for me. I liked the vibe from both Columbia and NYU. All things being equal, I'd still take Columbia. But, I'll have to see how the money situation works itself out in the next week or so. I know I'll be very happy with whichever choice I make though.

Did you figure out the fin aid site out?

Of my current options I think I'll be here next year.

Yeah, turns out Penn gave me 0, LOL. Immediately withdrew.

Nice! I hope so!

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:45 am

Bronck wrote:Yeah, turns out Penn gave me 0, LOL. Immediately withdrew.

Hahaha. Whatever.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:20 am

blue_c wrote:
Bronck wrote:Yeah, turns out Penn gave me 0, LOL. Immediately withdrew.

Hahaha. Whatever.

Haha yeah, not like I was seriously considering them anyway.

nine-and-fifty

Postby nine-and-fifty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:47 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Anyone make their decision after this weekend? Anyone less sure than before? I loved the village and the students definitely seemed very happy. I think that's something that you can't overlook quite so easily. I'm gonna wait on some financial aid from here and other schools but got damn I would love to live in the city for at least a few years.

I'm now pretty firm on choosing NYU, though I can't guarantee this won't change if I get major waitlist movement and/or money elsewhere (though I doubt anything substantial enough to have an effect will actually happen).

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:28 am

I actually was left with the opposite opinion. It has nothing to do with NYU though. This may be sacrilege, but I just realized I'm not in love with New York. I really like New York, and I had a great time. But when I think about staying there for 3 years (and possibly more) I kind of feel like I may be forcing a square peg into a circular hole :?

soj

Postby soj » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 am

JSYK, if you have an early deadline to accept NYU's scholarship but are hesitating because you haven't heard back from (or got waitlisted at) some schools, you can commit to NYU without having to withdraw those applications. If you get into those schools later, even if you've already committed to NYU (or any other school), you can change your mind and accept the new offers of admission.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”