In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
1
6%
Section 2
3
19%
Section 3
1
6%
Section 4
3
19%
Section 5
3
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
1
6%
Creeper option
4
25%
 
Total votes: 16

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby JF215 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:00 pm

freestallion wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:For those planning on doing class visits, do we need to email the professor before hand to let him/her know that we're attending?



Also, anyone going to the BLAPA spring dinner?

Planning to go to this!

ArchitectOfPeace, I couldn't find info on past interviews anywhere :( They should put you in touch with a current scholar, who can hopefully provide more insight.

I am too. What are you guys planning to wear?

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby RonnyDworkin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:08 pm

JF215 wrote:
freestallion wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:For those planning on doing class visits, do we need to email the professor before hand to let him/her know that we're attending?



Also, anyone going to the BLAPA spring dinner?

Planning to go to this!

ArchitectOfPeace, I couldn't find info on past interviews anywhere :( They should put you in touch with a current scholar, who can hopefully provide more insight.

I am too. What are you guys planning to wear?


What is the dress code? And, is it free/comped?

phl516
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby phl516 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Elendil wrote:
phl516 wrote:
phl516 wrote:I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question about financial aid. If we only want to apply for merit aid and loans, do we still need to do Need Access but just not the parent information section, or is just FAFSA enough? Thanks!


Nevermind, just realized this is an online NYU specific application.


NYU specific application...?


Yea...this wasn't very clear to me either. You have to log in to the FAAPS site and it is there.

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby JF215 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:35 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:What is the dress code? And, is it free/comped?

The e-mails I got suggested that it's not casual, but didn't really specify what the dress code is. Either bus cas or cocktail attire, I'd guess, but not sure which. They didn't mention having to pay anything to attend so I assume it's comped.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby thelong » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Well I'm sitting outside Furman if anyone wants to stop bye and say hello! I'm a half an hour early :(

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby jetissent » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Anyone going to Conlaw tomorrow at 10am? :)

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:15 pm

jetissent wrote:Anyone going to Conlaw tomorrow at 10am? :)


I think I might. I really want to see an actual class. I'll be out and about early tomorrow anyway, so I'm sure I'll make my way to the village.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby jetissent » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
jetissent wrote:Anyone going to Conlaw tomorrow at 10am? :)


I think I might. I really want to see an actual class. I'll be out and about early tomorrow anyway, so I'm sure I'll make my way to the village.


Me too! I feel like con law is the best option for a novice. Well anyway, I'll be the other confused kid hiding in the back of the classroom.... hope to see you there! :)

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby zworykin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm

I won't be going early, but I'll be there at 12:30 for registration. Looking forward to silently observing everyone and figuring out who's who.

Anyone else end up making it to the Knicks game tonight? :mrgreen:

User avatar
ssteiner
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby ssteiner » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 pm

zworykin wrote:I won't be going early, but I'll be there at 12:30 for registration. Looking forward to silently observing everyone and figuring out who's who.


This. Too lazy to wake up early for a class.

User avatar
ssteiner
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby ssteiner » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:21 pm

Though if anyone cares enough to try to spot me, I'll be the girl with the TARDIS bag.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby poe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I hope everyone is planning to post lots of impressions/photos for those of us not fortunate to make it out there this week!

On a side note, how insane is it to commit to going to this school without ever having set foot in NYC?

theaether
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby theaether » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

poe wrote:I hope everyone is planning to post lots of impressions/photos for those of us not fortunate to make it out there this week!

On a side note, how insane is it to commit to going to this school without ever having set foot in NYC?


all my friends from medium-sized towns who grew up in surburbia all their lives love nyc, but if you're from a more rural/smaller place and have no idea what to expect, might want to check it out hehe

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby poe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm

theaether wrote:
poe wrote:I hope everyone is planning to post lots of impressions/photos for those of us not fortunate to make it out there this week!

On a side note, how insane is it to commit to going to this school without ever having set foot in NYC?


all my friends from medium-sized towns who grew up in surburbia all their lives love nyc, but if you're from a more rural/smaller place and have no idea what to expect, might want to check it out hehe


Nah, I'm from a medium-sized town. Hopefully I won't be too lost. Except when it comes to the weather (Californian).

ahnhub
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby ahnhub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:37 pm

poe wrote:I hope everyone is planning to post lots of impressions/photos for those of us not fortunate to make it out there this week!

On a side note, how insane is it to commit to going to this school without ever having set foot in NYC?


I think 90% of young people will enjoy living in NYC, at least for a few years. The general "high" of living in the Big Apple usually lasts at least as long as the 3 yrs it takes to finish law school.

a.psu
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby a.psu » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 pm

phl516 wrote:
Elendil wrote:
phl516 wrote:
phl516 wrote:I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question about financial aid. If we only want to apply for merit aid and loans, do we still need to do Need Access but just not the parent information section, or is just FAFSA enough? Thanks!


Nevermind, just realized this is an online NYU specific application.


NYU specific application...?


Yea...this wasn't very clear to me either. You have to log in to the FAAPS site and it is there.


Wait what does FAAPS stand for?

Also has anyone heard back about fin aid?

PigBodine
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby PigBodine » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:50 pm

In terms of the actual logistics of getting around, it's pretty much a joke. Manhattan is basically a straight north-south oval that's oriented around the spine of a subway line that runs from top to bottom, so it's basically impossible to be lost or to not know how to find something. Honestly, the weirdest part of living there for me was going out for a jog at 3 in the morning and having the city still be 'alive'. That, and not having a dishwasher. That was pretty big.

JF215
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby JF215 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:09 am

i don't arrive until 6pm - are there any social activities on thursday night, or are we on our own?

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby zworykin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 am

ssteiner wrote:Though if anyone cares enough to try to spot me, I'll be the girl with the TARDIS bag.


Too funny. My shirt today had a TARDIS (and a DeLorean) on it.

User avatar
ssteiner
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby ssteiner » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 am

zworykin wrote:
ssteiner wrote:Though if anyone cares enough to try to spot me, I'll be the girl with the TARDIS bag.


Too funny. My shirt today had a TARDIS (and a DeLorean) on it.


I...definitely have that shirt.

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby gloriouscause » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:53 am

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive financial aid information after the FAAPS status goes to final stage?

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby FryBreadPower » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:18 am

2 am and Con Law is in 8 hours. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:25 am

FryBreadPower wrote:2 am and Con Law is in 8 hours. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come...


Hey I'm not the only one! This time difference is killer its only 11:30 my time.

User avatar
blue_c
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby blue_c » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:27 am

ssteiner wrote:
zworykin wrote:
ssteiner wrote:Though if anyone cares enough to try to spot me, I'll be the girl with the TARDIS bag.


Too funny. My shirt today had a TARDIS (and a DeLorean) on it.


I...definitely have that shirt.

I was wearing that shirt yesterday. I actually got it from another tlser. Though I think tomorrow I'll be wearing a blue polo and have a bright orange backpack with me. I guess I'll be going to the con law class. Maybe I'll see some people there. Remember- we are friends with Ken.

User avatar
blue_c
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby blue_c » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:2 am and Con Law is in 8 hours. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come...


Hey I'm not the only one! This time difference is killer its only 11:30 my time.

+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], fattsdomino, Google [Bot], joezze, lillawyer2, tinafeyclone and 6 guests