In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

ArchitectOfPeace

New

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Post by ArchitectOfPeace » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 pm

I have a telephone interview for the RTK on Saturday. Does anyone know of a past forum or more information of what the interview pertains to?

Thanks as always!

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Did anyone get any merit money with numbers between the medians and the 75ths? LSN looks like only people with one of the 75ths got money. I'm not sure if it's even worth the time to negotiate with NYU.

maxpower430

Bronze

Post by maxpower430 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:23 pm

sailboat wrote:Just got my RTK ding...
+1

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:For those planning on doing class visits, do we need to email the professor before hand to let him/her know that we're attending?

Also, anyone going to the BLAPA spring dinner?
Planning to go to this!

ArchitectOfPeace, I couldn't find info on past interviews anywhere :( They should put you in touch with a current scholar, who can hopefully provide more insight.

theaether

Bronze

Post by theaether » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 pm

woo joining the thread
thanks to nyu for saving me from waitlist hell

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blue_c

Bronze

Post by blue_c » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:48 pm

Thinking about going to the trademarks class. Haven't decided yet.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Can't wait to meet all of you ASW2ers over the next couple of days.

I'm on my plane in the morning!

blue_c

Bronze

Post by blue_c » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 pm

We're rooting for you TL. Just know that you wouldn't be interviewing if you didn't have a shot at it. Good luck!

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Re which classes to sit in on, I'd recommend constitutional law or something relatively comprehensible and non-specialized. It's 2/3rds through the semester, so unless you have specialized knowledge of a course topic in a 2nd or 3rd year class, there may be so many terms of art and so much reliance on previous law courses that the lecture may be incomprehensible. This was the case when I sat in on bankruptcy--none of the visiting students had any idea what what going on, and it was not very useful.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Got here in the morning. Already had a Papaya dog and grabbed some shake shack with my older brother who lives in Morningside Heights.

Planning on seeing the Natural History Museum and the MOMA tomorrow/grabbing some sort of pizza on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge that my brother says is the best in the city.

Think I'm going to attend the Con Law class; it seemed the least specialized. I'm assuming that means it may present the lowest opportunity of confusing the hell out of me.

Also, for anyone else who was curious, I got my deadline extended by two weeks. I originally asked for a week but they granted me a few extra days :)

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:50 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:Got here in the morning. Already had a Papaya dog and grabbed some shake shack with my older brother who lives in Morningside Heights.

Planning on seeing the Natural History Museum and the MOMA tomorrow/grabbing some sort of pizza on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge that my brother says is the best in the city.

Think I'm going to attend the Con Law class; it seemed the least specialized. I'm assuming that means it may present the lowest opportunity of confusing the hell out of me.

Also, for anyone else who was curious, I got my deadline extended by two weeks. I originally asked for a week but they granted me a few extra days :)
This sounds amazing. I think I am going to steal all of your plans tomorrow and the next day. I am also interested in going to a class, unless there is a class visit scheduled over the ASW events?

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:Got here in the morning. Already had a Papaya dog and grabbed some shake shack with my older brother who lives in Morningside Heights.

Sounds like your brother is a wise man, recommending you two go to Grimaldi's. Make sure to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. It's a great view of the city.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:

This sounds amazing. I think I am going to steal all of your plans tomorrow and the next day. I am also interested in going to a class, unless there is a class visit scheduled over the ASW events?
You will have multiple opportunities for class visits during ASW.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:03 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:

You will have multiple opportunities for class visits during ASW.
More New York touristing it is then. tyty

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:

Yea, there is an actual class on Thursday morning. There is also a mock class in the admitted program on Friday.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 am

Flight came into JFK 30 minutes early, but it turned out that Airtrain was under maintenance there, so I had to take a bus to Federal Circle and then Airtrain to Jamaica from there. At least I didn't have to pay the $5.00 for Airtrain :lol:

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 am

Leaving tonight at almost 1AM. Yay bus rides O_o

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Perdevise

Bronze

Post by Perdevise » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 am

indigomachine wrote:Leaving tonight at almost 1AM. Yay bus rides O_o
Brutal. I'm flying in at 9am. Can't wait to see the city.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:18 am

My bags are packed and I'll leave from Boston at noon. I can't wait to check in, dump my bag and get out and about.

cashew

New

Post by cashew » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:26 am

indigomachine wrote:Leaving tonight at almost 1AM. Yay bus rides O_o
Ugh I'm on an overnight too. But I only paid 14$ for my entire round trip! Megabus I love/hate you.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 am

Ran into a couple of ladies talking about law school. Mentioned I was headed to the NYU asw and we got into a short discussion. One turned out to be a hiring partner and the other said they'd see what they could do about getting me off the Chicago wait list. I'm fairly certain she was kidding but it was interesting to run into someone with those kind of ties out of the blue.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:00 am

Grimaldi's is very, very good. But I'm also quite partial to Vinnie's in Williamsburg.

phl516

New

Post by phl516 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 pm

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question about financial aid. If we only want to apply for merit aid and loans, do we still need to do Need Access but just not the parent information section, or is just FAFSA enough? Thanks!

phl516

New

Post by phl516 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:47 pm

phl516 wrote:I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question about financial aid. If we only want to apply for merit aid and loans, do we still need to do Need Access but just not the parent information section, or is just FAFSA enough? Thanks!
Nevermind, just realized this is an online NYU specific application.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 pm

phl516 wrote:
phl516 wrote:I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question about financial aid. If we only want to apply for merit aid and loans, do we still need to do Need Access but just not the parent information section, or is just FAFSA enough? Thanks!
Nevermind, just realized this is an online NYU specific application.
NYU specific application...?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”