In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

sfreuden

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby sfreuden » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Elendil wrote:Anyone here negotiating get a response back? Or any idea on the usual timeframe?

Nope. Appealed 3/9, and when I called 3/19 they said that they had to give out the aid awards to everyone else before even considering the appeals. So I submitted a request for a deadline extension 3/19, but I haven't heard back about that either. *sigh* I will probably call tomorrow, because the April 6th deadline is fast approaching...

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:33 pm

sfreuden wrote:
Elendil wrote:Anyone here negotiating get a response back? Or any idea on the usual timeframe?

Nope. Appealed 3/9, and when I called 3/19 they said that they had to give out the aid awards to everyone else before even considering the appeals. So I submitted a request for a deadline extension 3/19, but I haven't heard back about that either. *sigh* I will probably call tomorrow, because the April 6th deadline is fast approaching...

Damn, that's not the answer I was hoping for. haha

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but what deadline is April 6th?

Also, has anyone who did not get an interview for a named scholarship heard about money yet?

aekea

Postby aekea » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what deadline is April 6th?

Also, has anyone who did not get an interview for a named scholarship heard about money yet?

It's the deadline to accept scholarships for those who have already been offered them. Doesn't count named scholarships, as far as I know.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 pm

aekea wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what deadline is April 6th?

It's the deadline to accept scholarships for those who have already been offered them. Doesn't count named scholarships, as far as I know.

Ah, I see. Thank you. I guess since I haven't gotten any notification then I'm in the clear on this one.

smokeylarue

Postby smokeylarue » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Stupid question maybe, but we don't have to dress up or anything for ASW do we?

swoozie

Postby swoozie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Where are people staying for ASW? Is there another thread (or facebook group) I should be looking at?

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:26 pm

smokeylarue wrote:Stupid question maybe, but we don't have to dress up or anything for ASW do we?

I've heard 1Ls say (for men) no suits, not sloppy, but somewhere in between. Clean jeans plus nice shirt sound right on.

I think same general guidelines for women, but I'm not sure on specifics.

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Perdevise wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:Stupid question maybe, but we don't have to dress up or anything for ASW do we?

I've heard 1Ls say (for men) no suits, not sloppy, but somewhere in between. Clean jeans plus nice shirt sound right on.

I think same general guidelines for women, but I'm not sure on specifics.

I think those are pretty standard guidelines.

Ultimately, it's probably up to your comfort level. I mean, they're not going to kick you out/revoke your aid if you dress like you're probably going to dress for class. A lot of ASW, I think, is selling you on NYU, not the other way around.

That being said, I'll probably be on the slobbier side of things as I'm packing a suit and casual travel clothes and that's it. I'm definitely not walking around in my suit when I don't need to. I'll also be carrying a Rolleicord around my neck, so any fashionability in my attire has died a quick death.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Wear whatever you want. No one cares.

Just don't dress up or everyone will peg you as "that guy".

nine-and-fifty

Postby nine-and-fifty » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:46 am

I'm probably only bringing jeans and tees, so you'll look sharper than at least one person regardless of what you wear.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 am

I'll be debating until Thursday morning whether I'll wear khakis or jeans and a nice button down with shoes, but I'll probably wear jeans Friday once I allow myself to be convinced that everyone's gonna be doing it.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:26 am

Im wearing jeans and maybe a button up shirt the first day. I would not feel comfortable wearing a t shirt on Thursday but I am sure people will. I will probably do that Friday if I see people. Anyone going to a class Thursday before check-in at 12:30? I got an email to that effect today saying I could stop in at a class before the events get going. If someone wants to go with let me know.

And if any current students have a suggestion for teachers that would be worth seeing Thursday I would love you for giving your thoughts.

-Con Law 10:00 am with Choudry
-Con Law 10:00 am with Professor Law? Is that a typo or is there really a professor Law?
-Evidence 10:00 am with Neuborne
-Secured Transactions 10:00 am with Davis
-Trademarks and Unfair Competition 10:00am with Beebe

crumpledq

Postby crumpledq » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Im wearing jeans and maybe a button up shirt the first day. I would not feel comfortable wearing a t shirt on Thursday but I am sure people will. I will probably do that Friday if I see people. Anyone going to a class Thursday before check-in at 12:30? I got an email to that effect today saying I could stop in at a class before the events get going. If someone wants to go with let me know.

And if any current students have a suggestion for teachers that would be worth seeing Thursday I would love you for giving your thoughts.

-Con Law 10:00 am with Professor Law? Is that a typo or is there really a professor Law?

Every word you post, I hear in Nathan Fillion's voice.

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 am

crumpledq wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Im wearing jeans and maybe a button up shirt the first day. I would not feel comfortable wearing a t shirt on Thursday but I am sure people will. I will probably do that Friday if I see people. Anyone going to a class Thursday before check-in at 12:30? I got an email to that effect today saying I could stop in at a class before the events get going. If someone wants to go with let me know.

Those are all 2L/3L classes, I'd recommend sleeping in/enjoying NYC instead of going to those...

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 am

crumpledq wrote:

Every word you post, I hear in Romo Lampkin's voice (LOL, or Badger, just remembered same actor).

ssteiner

Postby ssteiner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 am

Just got my deposit deadline extended! Only a week, but it's still fantastic news.

jetissent

Postby jetissent » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 am

ssteiner wrote:Just got my deposit deadline extended! Only a week, but it's still fantastic news.

+1 I need that week or others to get back to me so I am psyched. :)

sfreuden

Postby sfreuden » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:51 pm

jetissent wrote:
ssteiner wrote:Just got my deposit deadline extended! Only a week, but it's still fantastic news.

+1 I need that week or others to get back to me so I am psyched. :)

Same.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:01 pm

+1, very happy about that.

Flying out to NY today!

blue_c

Postby blue_c » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:I'll be debating until Thursday morning whether I'll wear khakis or jeans and a nice button down with shoes, but I'll probably wear jeans Friday once I allow myself to be convinced that everyone's gonna be doing it.

You're wearing shoes? You're definitely going to be that guy.

Getting ready to fly out today too. I'm excited.

thsmthcrmnl

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Neuborne's got a good reputation.

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:41 pm

For those planning on doing class visits, do we need to email the professor before hand to let him/her know that we're attending?

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:08 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:For those planning on doing class visits, do we need to email the professor before hand to let him/her know that we're attending?

Also, anyone going to the BLAPA spring dinner?

sailboat

Postby sailboat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Just got my RTK ding...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”