In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

vincanity1

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Postby vincanity1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:20 pm

thelong wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:
thelong wrote:
annyong wrote:Finally got details emailed to me for the AnBryce Interview, I'm excited about being in DC and NY, but is anyone else a little intimidated by the schedule?

I'm still waiting for these details. Hopefully that means they're coming soon.

Check your spam. I'm sure you'll get it in a few mins. All he had to change was the interview time for each person.

Are you both interviewing in DC?

Maybe NYC interview info hasn't gone out yet. I'll shoot an e-mail to them if I haven't gotten any info on monday.

At least my tickets are booked and I'm ready to go. I'd just feel a little more at ease knowing who my interviewers are and the exact schedule.

Woops. I thought you were also a DCer. Yeah, I'm DC too.

annyong

Postby annyong » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm interviewing in DC, and I'm assuming vincanity is as well considering his wish to see the SC basketball court, which I also would also love to see! I'm sure your info is coming soon, it's definitely nice to have the info spelt out, though I still have a lot of questions. (It probably says something about me as a person that a lot of those questions have something to do with "When/Where are we supposed to eat?!"

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:26 pm

annyong wrote:I'm interviewing in DC, and I'm assuming vincanity is as well considering his wish to see the SC basketball court, which I also would also love to see! I'm sure your info is coming soon, it's definitely nice to have the info spelt out, though I still have a lot of questions. (It probably says something about me as a person that a lot of those questions have something to do with "When/Where are we supposed to eat?!"

Room service or eating out for lunch on Wednesday (I'm probably going to meet up with a friend for lunch near the Capitol since I'm getting in at noon). The next morning, room service I suppose or a buffet downstairs if they have one. Everything else besides that is either spelled out or up to us it seems

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Okay, well, the DC thing is probably what the issue is. I guess there are only a couple of more days to get the info out to us regardless. :)

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 pm

For the AnBryce'ers in NY and Oakland, how many finalists are there for your groups? There's only 8 in DC

thelong

Postby thelong » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 pm

vincanity1 wrote:For the AnBryce'ers in NY and Oakland, how many finalists are there for your groups? There's only 8 in DC

I just got my info. There are just eight in the NY group as well.

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:31 pm

thelong wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:For the AnBryce'ers in NY and Oakland, how many finalists are there for your groups? There's only 8 in DC

Any especially notable interviewers?

ssteiner

Postby ssteiner » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 pm

An update for RTK people...a friend of mine never received an answer one way or another and called up on Friday to ask about it. They told her that everyone who's not a finalist has been notified, but they're still deliberating on a few people and holding some as alternatives. So people who've heard nothing...you might still be in the running.

bogm2012

Postby bogm2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:10 am

ssteiner wrote:An update for RTK people...a friend of mine never received an answer one way or another and called up on Friday to ask about it. They told her that everyone who's not a finalist has been notified, but they're still deliberating on a few people and holding some as alternatives. So people who've heard nothing...you might still be in the running.

Thank you for sharing this!

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:07 am

vincanity1 wrote:
thelong wrote:

The one that stands out is Lohier. I'm doing my research this morning, though. I was already in bed when my info came in because I am an old, apparently.

Actually, because my rugby game this weekend kicked my ass and I need to recover so I'm not limping around my interviews.

Well, a little of both probably.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 am

thelong wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:
thelong wrote:

The one that stands out is Lohier. I'm doing my research this morning, though. I was already in bed when my info came in because I am an old, apparently.

Actually, because my rugby game this weekend kicked my ass and I need to recover so I'm not limping around my interviews.

Well, a little of both probably.

Commence facebook stalking of other finalists and matching them up to TLS nicknames! Muahahahha! :D

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:48 am

hypothalamus wrote:
Commence facebook stalking of other finalists and matching them up to TLS nicknames! Muahahahha! :D

I've been trying, but I'm kind of terrible at this. Mine is pretty easy to figure out from the list of names/my username here.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:53 am

thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

I've been trying, but I'm kind of terrible at this. Mine is pretty easy to figure out from the list of names/my username here.

It's OK, I'm also very obvious :D

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:54 am

thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Well, I figured you out, but there are too many of you on facebook, so doubt I will find the real you :(

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:00 am

Anyone going to the upcoming Admitted Student Days receive any kind of program/events related emails yet?

astaris

Postby astaris » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:28 am

bogm2012 wrote:
ssteiner wrote:An update for RTK people...a friend of mine never received an answer one way or another and called up on Friday to ask about it. They told her that everyone who's not a finalist has been notified, but they're still deliberating on a few people and holding some as alternatives. So people who've heard nothing...you might still be in the running.

Thanks for this update--I was starting to feel sad and forgotten =/

sailboat

Postby sailboat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 am

astaris wrote:
bogm2012 wrote:

Thanks for this update--I was starting to feel sad and forgotten =/

Same here, many thanks! Interesting - it sounds like there are actually quite a few of us.

thelong

Postby thelong » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:18 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

Well, I figured you out, but there are too many of you on facebook, so doubt I will find the real you :(

PM'd

RonnyDworkin

Postby RonnyDworkin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:Anyone going to the upcoming Admitted Student Days receive any kind of program/events related emails yet?

Also I checked the ASW and the schedule for ASD this week is no longer posted. Anyone else have a same issue?

yansky22

Postby yansky22 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm

For those who haven't gotten any aid info yet:

Are you planning on emailing them a negotiation-style letter before early April now? With the Chicago deadline looming, I'm scared I won't have time to negotiate scholarships by the time NYU sends anything out.

ArchitectOfPeace

Postby ArchitectOfPeace » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm

So those of us still waiting to hear about the RTK...interviews are Saturday. Are we assuming that we are alternates and will probably not hear anything until after this weekend? I currently live abroad and am worried about being asked to be there for an interview in five days. Any thoughts on this?

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:30 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:Anyone going to the upcoming Admitted Student Days receive any kind of program/events related emails yet?

Also I checked the ASW and the schedule for ASD this week is no longer posted. Anyone else have a same issue?

Have you registered?

When I did I got an email with the schedule:

Thursday
12:30-1:00 PM Registration
1:00-1:55 PM Student Life Panel
2:05-2:55 PM Class Visits
3:05-4:00 PM Tour of the Law School campus, housing, and the surrounding neighborhood
4:00-5:25 PM Student Organizations and Journals Fair
5:30-6:30 PM Recent NYU Law Alumni Panel
6:30-7:30 PM Pizza Party with current students
7:30 PM Evening out with current students

Friday
8:30-9:00 AM Welcome Breakfast with faculty and current students
9:00-9:55 AM A Conversation with the Dean
10:05-10:55 AM Class Visits
11:05-11:55 AM NYU: A Leadership Law School in Clinical Legal Education
12:05-12:55 PM Lunch with Faculty
1:05-1:55 PM Mock Class
2:05-2:55 PM NYU Faculty on the Bench Reflect on their Legal Careers and on Legal Education
3:05-3:55 PM Career Services: Changes and Challenges for the Next Generation of Private Practice Lawyers
4:05-4:55 PM Public Interest Panel
5:00-6:00 PM A Taste of New York: Reception with Current Students

astaris

Postby astaris » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

ArchitectOfPeace wrote:So those of us still waiting to hear about the RTK...interviews are Saturday. Are we assuming that we are alternates and will probably not hear anything until after this weekend? I currently live abroad and am worried about being asked to be there for an interview in five days. Any thoughts on this?

Eep. I didn't even think about that...I wish they would have contacted us to tell us SOMETHING at least...

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Anyone here negotiating get a response back? Or any idea on the usual timeframe?

izy223

Postby izy223 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Elendil wrote:Anyone here negotiating get a response back? Or any idea on the usual timeframe?

i sublmited on the 17th no answer yet

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”