vendetta73 wrote: sn20 wrote:
After I filed my appeal, the confirmation email said if they update the amount they will also give a new deadline. Not exactly what you're asking I know, but at least that means they are open to deciding after the 6th.
I was mainly wondering if anyone had simply asked for more time to consider the initial offer. But the information you provided is useful as well. Thanks!
I just wanted to add to what jetissent said that the email I got when I appealed my award does say that I'll get a new deadline if they decide to increase the award, but it was also clear that a) if they don't increase the award, the deadline remains April 6 and therefore b) if I haven't accepted (and withdrawn from all other schools I've been admitted to) by April 6 and they decide after that date not to update my award, I forfeit my original award. So even if you're appealing your award, it might still be worth asking for an extension on the deadline unless you're absolutely sure you won't enroll unless they increase your aid, or absolutely sure you will whether they do or not.
That's interesting. They didn't mention anything about an extended deadline when I appealed my award. Did you ask about it specifically?
Also, where does it say that you have to withdraw from other schools that have accepted you? I haven't received my Columbia award info yet, and I really don't want to make the decision blind. I guess that's why people ask for extensions on the April 6th deadline.
Finally, does anyone have stats (or even anecdotal evidence) for how long it generally takes for them to decide on an appeal? There was only a 7-day turnaround (including weekend) for when they received my financial info and when they offered me the scholarship. I submitted my appeal 03/09, so I'm wondering if I should expect to hear back this week or the next?