In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

thatkid

Bronze

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Post by thatkid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 am

vincanity1 wrote: The AnBryce group is already set. The list of the 10 scholars accepting the offer came out a couple of days ago. Don't mean to spoil the hope. You still have some nice cash coming your way
Where is this list? Did they email it?

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Got my finaid offer in. It's not a full ride, but I'm definitely pleased, haha. 50k for the first two years and then 15k for the last year (25k if PI work) for up to 75k.

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:53 pm

thelong wrote:Got my finaid offer in. It's not a full ride, but I'm definitely pleased, haha. 50k for the first two years and then 15k for the last year (25k if PI work) for up to 75k.
Congrats! Do you think this means they're starting to roll out their general financial aid information for this week or just that you were in the running for one of the named scholarships? I'm getting antsy waiting to hear that I won't be getting any aid...

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just noticed FAAPS was updated from 3/14 to 4/9 with "Application in final stage of review", whatever that means.
Just checked FAAPS and mine also says "Application in Final Stage of Review," though my date is today (4/10). Hopefully that means another wave of decisions is coming out real soon.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 pm

crooked wrote:
thelong wrote:Got my finaid offer in. It's not a full ride, but I'm definitely pleased, haha. 50k for the first two years and then 15k for the last year (25k if PI work) for up to 75k.
Congrats! Do you think this means they're starting to roll out their general financial aid information for this week or just that you were in the running for one of the named scholarships? I'm getting antsy waiting to hear that I won't be getting any aid...
I bet they're going to start rolling them out now. I have a feeling they were waiting until decisions were finalized on the named scholarships before batching out this set.

My e-mail was the standard e-mail that I believe everyone gets and didn't mention anything AnBryce related.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Just got my award of a grand total of $0k. Shiiiiiit.

Now I wish they would have waited until after I visit on Friday, because this pretty much makes NYU a non-option.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:11 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got my award of a grand total of $0k. Shiiiiiit.

Now I wish they would have waited until after I visit on Friday, because this pretty much makes NYU a non-option.
4.0/173.... and $0?? That's rough. Do you have money elsewhere?

a.psu

New

Post by a.psu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:13 pm

thelong wrote:
crooked wrote:
I bet they're going to start rolling them out now. I have a feeling they were waiting until decisions were finalized on the named scholarships before batching out this set.

My e-mail was the standard e-mail that I believe everyone gets and didn't mention anything AnBryce related.
When did your application start saying "Final Stage of Review" or something like that? Just so I can get an idea of how long I have to wait.

vincanity1

Silver

Post by vincanity1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 pm

thatkid wrote:
vincanity1 wrote: The AnBryce group is already set. The list of the 10 scholars accepting the offer came out a couple of days ago. Don't mean to spoil the hope. You still have some nice cash coming your way
Where is this list? Did they email it?
The scholars matriculating we're given the names of the final group. If you want details, just PM me

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got my award of a grand total of $0k. Shiiiiiit.

4.0/173.... and $0?? That's rough. Do you have money elsewhere?
Yeah I'm going to try to convince myself this had more to do with a complete lack of need than some flaw in my app.

So far $120k at Northwestern and $60k from Chicago that they seemed willing to increase because of NU. I'll wait until after the weekend in case I'm uncontrollably in love with NYU but I think I'll be withdrawing. :(

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm

a.psu wrote:
When did your application start saying "Final Stage of Review" or something like that? Just so I can get an idea of how long I have to wait.
Sorry, I didn't access the faaps until I got my award notification. It sounds like they're starting to trickle in though.

bogm2012

New

Post by bogm2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

thelong wrote:
a.psu wrote:
Sorry, I didn't access the faaps until I got my award notification. It sounds like they're starting to trickle in though.
Been in final review for almost a month now :/

Lily Pad

New

Post by Lily Pad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Ouch, $0k here. Looks like I will be withdrawing today since Chicago gave me $90k.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

a.psu

New

Post by a.psu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Lily Pad wrote:Ouch, $0k here. Looks like I will be withdrawing today since Chicago gave me $90k.
If you really like NYU, try to negotiate. P.S. Congrats on the Chicago amount :)

arez

New

Post by arez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Do we think these small (aka nonexistent amounts) that have just come out are due to it being the 2nd round of awards and there being just less money to give out? I know this is a small sample of people so far but it seems like people with numbers that would have gotten $$ in the first round are getting nothing now.

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

arez wrote:Do we think these small (aka nonexistent amounts) that have just come out are due to it being the 2nd round of awards and there being just less money to give out? I know this is a small sample of people so far but it seems like people with numbers that would have gotten $$ in the first round are getting nothing now.
+1

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm hoping it's not the case.

lawhopeful2012

New

Post by lawhopeful2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

where are you guys checking these award amounts?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

a.psu

New

Post by a.psu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:43 pm

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:
arez wrote:Do we think these small (aka nonexistent amounts) that have just come out are due to it being the 2nd round of awards and there being just less money to give out? I know this is a small sample of people so far but it seems like people with numbers that would have gotten $$ in the first round are getting nothing now.
+1

That's too depressing to consider, I need the $$ like the rest of us...

TurkDorian

New

Post by TurkDorian » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm

$0 here too. Median GPA, 75th% lsat. Thoroughly disappointed.

BaseballT

New

Post by BaseballT » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 pm

a.psu wrote:
+1

I actually think that the financial aid awards are based quite heavily on parent finances...so maybe that's also a big reason why people with great numbers are getting less/none this time around?

Lily Pad

New

Post by Lily Pad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

BaseballT wrote:
a.psu wrote:
+1

I actually think that the financial aid awards are based quite heavily on parent finances...so maybe that's also a big reason why people with great numbers are getting less/none this time around?
Not sure if I agree with that, my family's income has qualified me for a decent amount of need aid at almost every other school. It sucks when it's more expensive to go to NYU than it is to go to Harvard. :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

As predicted, got nothing. Could someone who negotiated with the fin aid office post/PM me his or her e-mail? I'm not sure how to word this.

arez

New

Post by arez » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:13 pm

BaseballT wrote:
a.psu wrote:
+1

Yes, but my understanding was that NYU and other peer schools use "need-based" grants as a wink wink substitute for merit aid. Hence why there is a strong correlation between above median numbers and receiving aid. I think the loans in the aid package are more heavily based on family income.

bogm2012

New

Post by bogm2012 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm

BaseballT wrote:
a.psu wrote:
+1

Are you guys getting emails or accessing the FAAPS?

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Just withdrew, hopefully the 37.5k they offered me goes to one of you deserving TLSers!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”