In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

poe

Bronze

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Post by poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:38 pm

addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?
It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.
Ah, ok. I guess I was just spoiled by the Berkeley packet, lol.

Still, I can't wait for that letter and sticky note!

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 pm

poe wrote:
addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:Anyone mind sharing what we can expect from the mysterious purple envelope? Is it just a couple of letters? A viewbook? Alumni mag?
It's just a standard acceptance letter, with a very nice little sticky note from the dean. More to come, apparently.

After Cornell did us wrong earlier in the day, it's pretty easy to forget about Ithaca when you're holding the big purple envelope. :)

poe

Bronze

Post by poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:45 pm

addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:
addy11 wrote:

After Cornell did us wrong earlier in the day, it's pretty easy to forget about Ithaca when you're holding the big purple envelope. :)
Haha, exactly! I think I'll send Cornell my withdrawal email in purple text. ;)

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Also, on the off chance that ad comms read these forums:

NYU's acceptance letter stationery is pretty fantastic.

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:53 pm

addy11 wrote:
poe wrote:
addy11 wrote:

Amen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NervousNelly

New

Post by NervousNelly » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:04 am

Hi potential future classmates!
I got into NYU while I was banned from tls, but I wanted to give a shoutout!

gloriouscause

New

Post by gloriouscause » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:54 am

What types of things did these sticky notes say? I'm on the west coast and probably won't be getting mine for a little while.

curiouscat

Bronze

Post by curiouscat » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:16 pm

Sounds like they just had personalized comments about stuff you mentioned in your application.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Got my envelope today! For those still waiting, I live in the suburbs of NY and I was DLS on Monday.

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:34 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color
Yeah! I was surprised that it wasn't the purple you see on the flags all around NYU in NYC. It had an indigo hue.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 pm

addy11 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Also, for whoever said that someone described the envelope as blue, I could totally see making that mistake. If I weren't looking for purple, I would have been confused. it's like this color
Yeah! I was surprised that it wasn't the purple you see on the flags all around NYU in NYC. It had an indigo hue.
Haha yeah, when I saw it, I pictured someone poor kid at the local kinkos getting reamed for printing it on the wrong shade of purple. "This is indigo! It was supposed to be violet! You've ruined everything!"

Only it was probably a lot less dramatic than that.

Boston_NYG2245

Bronze

Post by Boston_NYG2245 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Boston_NYG2245 wrote:I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(
If it makes you feel any better, mine was "sent" on Monday, but the post mark is for the 14th.

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm

addy11 wrote:
Boston_NYG2245 wrote:I'm pretty sure my mail person delivered my letter to the wrong house. Was mailed on Monday, I definitely should have gotten it by now... :(
If it makes you feel any better, mine was "sent" on Monday, but the post mark is for the 14th.
Oh, lame! I wouldn't be surprised if West Coasters don't get them until Monday then.

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
addy11 wrote:
Oh, lame! I wouldn't be surprised if West Coasters don't get them until Monday then.
Yeah. Really though it's not very special, aside from the note. Even then, Dean K has to write maybe 100 of these (and a sticky note is only so large!), so they have to be short.

I think all of this talk of "Giant Purple Envelope" made me think that it would be similar to what I hear Vandy people receive, which sounds awesome. Instead it's just a standard admissions letter, a really awesome sticky note and a paper which you use to either confirm you're attending or withdrawing.

Truthfully I look forward to the additional materials alluded to in the letter that will be coming at a mystery future date. Also, on the off chance that anyone is watching these boards, how about some outreach? Academic interest, interest/diversity group affiliation, named scholarship eligibility, etc. Then again I realize I'm being unreasonable... they probably just went through hell and are justified if they want to enjoy their holidays.

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:50 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
addy11 wrote:
Haha yeah, when I saw it, I pictured someone poor kid at the local kinkos getting reamed for printing it on the wrong shade of purple. "This is indigo! It was supposed to be violet! You've ruined everything!"

Only it was probably a lot less dramatic than that.
Did someone say indigo? :P

I'm a dork and totally just found this, despite being in the first wave of ED admits. Lazy-TLS-boy is lazy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yansky22

New

Post by yansky22 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Oh but the paper, my friends! Did you feel how thick the paper was?!

And I rather enjoyed the indigo envelope. I hate purple

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 pm

yansky22 wrote:Oh but the paper, my friends! Did you feel how thick the paper was?!

And I rather enjoyed the indigo envelope. I hate purple
Haha after I read this, I went back to feel the paper. God, I'm weird :\

I normally hate purple too, but in this instance, I was willing to make an exception ;)

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:03 pm

indigomachine wrote:I normally hate purple too, but in this instance, I was willing to make an exception
+1. It was one of the prettiest shades of purple I've ever seen. So excited about NYU!

cashew

New

Post by cashew » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:35 pm

To add to the when-will-my-letter-arrive discussion, I was accepted on 12/6 and I still haven't received mine. I live in Canada though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

curiouscat

Bronze

Post by curiouscat » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 am

Haha, I think that those of us in Canada still have a bit of a wait ahead of us (as always... sigh), especially if people in the New York area are just receiving their letters now.
cashew wrote:To add to the when-will-my-letter-arrive discussion, I was accepted on 12/6 and I still haven't received mine. I live in Canada though.

cashew

New

Post by cashew » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 am

curiouscat wrote:Haha, I think that those of us in Canada still have a bit of a wait ahead of us (as always... sigh), especially if people in the New York area are just receiving their letters now.
cashew wrote:To add to the when-will-my-letter-arrive discussion, I was accepted on 12/6 and I still haven't received mine. I live in Canada though.

I was accepted in the first round of ED.. so almost two weeks ago :?

crumpledq

Bronze

Post by crumpledq » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:35 am

Got my letter today here in DC. Purple is such a pretty color :)

gloriouscause

New

Post by gloriouscause » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Got my envelope yesterday, surprised because I'm in California

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”