In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...now with poll!

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:35 pm

snehpets wrote:
Kbarbosa08 wrote:Sorry if this was already asked...anyone know when we hear about merit aid? My letter didn't have scholarship info on it, so what does that mean?
You have to fill out the needaccess form. You should've gotten an email about it but it might not come until a few weeks after you get in. You hear in March/April I think.
Yeah, you should hear in early March... and then have until early April to negotiate for aid and accept/decline the offer.

Kbarbosa08

New

Post by Kbarbosa08 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:16 pm

snehpets wrote:
Kbarbosa08 wrote:Sorry if this was already asked...anyone know when we hear about merit aid? My letter didn't have scholarship info on it, so what does that mean?
You have to fill out the needaccess form. You should've gotten an email about it but it might not come until a few weeks after you get in. You hear in March/April I think.
So the needaccess is for merit and need-based aid? Haven't gotten the email yet..I'm guessing it probably explains all this stuff. Thanks for the help :)

dakure

Bronze

Post by dakure » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:27 pm

This has become evermore likely after yesterday's waitlist. Yay future classmates!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:05 pm

dakure wrote:This has become evermore likely after yesterday's waitlist. Yay future classmates!
You should be thanking those schools.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Visited NYU Law a few days ago and was very impressed! I'm a New York native, and I had passed by before, but if you haven't already had a chance to take a tour then I highly recommend it! Looking forward to seeing everyone at ASW (not sure which one yet!)... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 pm

So apparently there's a bar in the East Village that gives out free pizza with your beer. I imagine many a late night "study session" will take place there.

thsmthcrmnl

Bronze

Post by thsmthcrmnl » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Kbarbosa08 wrote:So the needaccess is for merit and need-based aid? Haven't gotten the email yet..I'm guessing it probably explains all this stuff. Thanks for the help :)
It's stupid that they make you fill out the Needaccess for merit-based aid, but I think you're supposed to. You could always call. Some schools will let you out of it.

Anyway, I heard about a Dean's Scholarship mid-March. Tipped the scales for NYU. Which was awkward, because I was at Michigan's ASW.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:So apparently there's a bar in the East Village that gives out free pizza with your beer. I imagine many a late night "study session" will take place there.
+1. I've been to a bar that does bacon, but this is even more awesome.

Also funny that you say this because I was literally just reading about this cool east village wine shop I want to go to when I visit. Clearly I have my law school priorities in order :roll:

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:16 pm

snehpets wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:So apparently there's a bar in the East Village that gives out free pizza with your beer. I imagine many a late night "study session" will take place there.

Also funny that you say this because I was literally just reading about this cool east village wine shop I want to go to when I visit. Clearly I have my law school priorities in order :roll:
Ha, I'm in the midst of looking for more places where I'm going to want to hang out--and even better, there's a Mexican place a few blocks away from Washington Square with a free buffet during Happy Hour.

We're definitely doing this right.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
snehpets wrote:

Ha, I'm in the midst of looking for more places where I'm going to want to hang out--and even better, there's a Mexican place a few blocks away from Washington Square with a free buffet during Happy Hour.

Can.not.wait to move here.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
snehpets wrote:

Damn Yesh your sales tactics are impressive.

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
snehpets wrote:

No kidding, as if I needed more reason to go to NYU.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:24 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
No kidding, as if I needed more reason to go to NYU.
Hawkeye, I feel like you're going to leave us for Columbia, which lame (though of course I'll be happy for you :))

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

soj

Platinum

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...New Poll!

Post by soj » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:28 pm

But you guys are numbers twins. You'll both get into CLS too and you'll squeeze every last penny out of both schools before you decide which to attend.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:29 pm

soj wrote:But you guys are numbers twins. You'll both get into CLS too and you'll squeeze every last penny out of both schools before you decide which to attend.
Pretty sure you're the nicest person on TLS :D

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:31 pm

soj wrote:But you guys are numbers twins. You'll both get into CLS too and you'll squeeze every last penny out of both schools before you decide which to attend.
True, true :lol:

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:32 pm

snehpets wrote:
Plenty of people here can disabuse you of that notion. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:01 pm

soj wrote:But you guys are numbers twins. You'll both get into CLS too and you'll squeeze every last penny out of both schools before you decide which to attend NYU.
Fixed.

dakure

Bronze

Post by dakure » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:54 pm

soj wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Plenty of people here can disabuse you of that notion. :lol:
Hellooo

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Anyone attending the women in law seminar they just sent an email about? It sounds interesting, but I debating if it is worth driving in to the city for a two hour thing (I'm about two hours away)

AmandaPB

Bronze

Post by AmandaPB » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:Anyone attending the women in law seminar they just sent an email about? It sounds interesting, but I debating if it is worth driving in to the city for a two hour thing (I'm about two hours away)
I wish! Can’t afford to fly there at the moment, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nametaken

Bronze

Post by nametaken » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:Anyone attending the women in law seminar they just sent an email about? It sounds interesting, but I debating if it is worth driving in to the city for a two hour thing (I'm about two hours away)
I'm thinking about it! I live in NYC though, so it is way easier for me.

thestillpoint

Bronze

Post by thestillpoint » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:10 pm

nametaken wrote:
I'm thinking about it! I live in NYC though, so it is way easier for me.
Same here, I'm interested to meet some current students and hopefully other admits :)

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
snehpets wrote:

It's called Crocodile Lounge. The pizza isn't anything awesome but it's better than Domino's (just make sure to tip the pizza dudes a buck). Also they have a really challenging trivia night (and Cash Cab recruits there!)

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Is anyone thinking of going to the Leaders in Public Interest Discussion on the 30th?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”