In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Another New Poll! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What Section Are You?

Section 1
6%
Section 2
19%
Section 3
6%
Section 4
19%
Section 5
19%
I think there are 5 sections. If I'm wrong, click here
6%
Creeper option
25%

Total votes: 16

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Re: In at NYU: Class of 2015...With Even Newer Poll!

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri May 11, 2012 10:59 am

PigBodine wrote:at least we can be relatively confident that the football team isn't hoarding them all for themselves, right?
Teddy KGB is going here next year?

PigBodine

Bronze

Post by PigBodine » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Just a simple man with a humble appreciation for the greatest movie ever made, that's all.

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

netid not working

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Joining in! Admit off the WL. Just waiting on my fin aid offer to finalise coming to NYU!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Thu May 17, 2012 3:30 pm

I got an apt in Hell's Kitchen and am moving in at the beginning of June if anyone is going to be around for the summer and wants to hang :) TLS meetup NYU-style? 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 17, 2012 5:26 pm

indigomachine wrote:I got an apt in Hell's Kitchen and am moving in at the beginning of June if anyone is going to be around for the summer and wants to hang :) TLS meetup NYU-style? 8)
For sure. You might also wanna check out the facebook group - we're already meeting up next week :)

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
indigomachine wrote:I got an apt in Hell's Kitchen and am moving in at the beginning of June if anyone is going to be around for the summer and wants to hang :) TLS meetup NYU-style? 8)
For sure. You might also wanna check out the facebook group - we're already meeting up next week :)
Must now cross-reference facebook and TLS profiles...

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
Must now cross-reference facebook and TLS profiles...
Hahahha let us know how it goes :D

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:44 pm

I already know who all of you are. 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Thu May 17, 2012 5:46 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:I already know who all of you are. 8)
I feel violated, but in a good way. How can this be?

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Thu May 17, 2012 9:07 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
I saw that. So jellllly, but my finances are tight and I couldn't really justify the ticket down to NYC when I'm moving in 2 weeks anyways.

Birdlaw: what'choo know bout me? jk, I'm pretty open about my tls-ness.

This might be wayyy forward looking, but I have some friends coming down to hang/party with me on 4th of July if anyone was in the city and interested in getting together then too.

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Thu May 17, 2012 9:52 pm

indigomachine wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
I saw that. So jellllly, but my finances are tight and I couldn't really justify the ticket down to NYC when I'm moving in 2 weeks anyways.

This might be wayyy forward looking, but I have some friends coming down to hang/party with me on 4th of July if anyone was in the city and interested in getting together then too.
indigo, I feel like I must inform you that after associating you for Brad Pitt (Fight Club Brad Pitt no less!) for a long time, I will be very disappointed if you don't look at least equally hot in real life :/

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Fri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:

indigo, I feel like I must inform you that after associating you for Brad Pitt (Fight Club Brad Pitt no less!) for a long time, I will be very disappointed if you don't look at least equally hot in real life :/
So much pressure! :shock:
Actually, the only celeb-lookalike I sometimes get is Hayden Christiansen (usually from drunken wymynz). Should I have a star wars tar?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Wed May 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Dumb question (moreso just double checking), but if I'm living off campus (HK, not EV or LES), unlimited metro is basically 100% TCR right?

Moving Friday!! :D

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:22 pm

indigomachine wrote:Dumb question (moreso just double checking), but if I'm living off campus (HK, not EV or LES), unlimited metro is basically 100% TCR right?

During school, yes. But idk about during the summer. That just depends on your lifestyle/where you're going on a daily basis. I would still think yes though.

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Yeah I was thinking during the academic year, but probably will end up doing it during the summer too just so I don't have to think things like: "Is taking the subway today going over the rides I get to allot myself monthly in order to have actually saved money by not getting an unlimited?" :?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:37 pm

indigomachine wrote:Yeah I was thinking during the academic year, but probably will end up doing it during the summer too just so I don't have to think things like: "Is taking the subway today going over the rides I get to allot myself monthly in order to have actually saved money by not getting an unlimited?" :?
Makes sense. One thing you could do is not get the unlimited right away and just keep track of roughly how much you use it. But it's probably worth it just getting it right away.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 30, 2012 2:09 pm

indigomachine wrote:Dumb question (moreso just double checking), but if I'm living off campus (HK, not EV or LES), unlimited metro is basically 100% TCR right?

What's your rent gonna be like in HK if you don't mind me asking?

badfish

Silver

Post by badfish » Wed May 30, 2012 2:12 pm

As a recent grad, congrats to all of you. I hope you love NYU as much as I did.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 30, 2012 2:18 pm

badfish wrote:As a recent grad, congrats to all of you. I hope you love NYU as much as I did.
Congrats. Regale us with all that is great about NYU and what you're doing after school. The people want answers.

badfish

Silver

Post by badfish » Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
badfish wrote:As a recent grad, congrats to all of you. I hope you love NYU as much as I did.
Congrats. Regale us with all that is great about NYU and what you're doing after school. The people want answers.
NYU was wonderful for me because it really catered to the kind of work that I want to do after graduation. I might be seriously outing myself here, but I'll be spending about 6 months in Guatemala post bar (to work on my Spanish) afterwards I'll be back in NYC doing direct services immigrant defense work.

Without NYU's LRAP program, its clinical program, its overall dedication to public interest (w/ separate public interest counselors), its amazing location, or its diverse student body - I don't know if I would be on the same path. I can't speak for Columbia or Chicago with full certainty, but I get the feeling that it's much more likely that I would be working at a large firm if I had chosen to attend either of those schools.

That's not to say NYU doesn't have a large contingent of people who went to large firms as well, most of my classmates did, but I felt as if the option of doing public interest work was much more viable at NYU than any of the other "peer" schools that I could have attended.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

badfish

Silver

Post by badfish » Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 pm

thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
thelong wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:I... I just got my NYU email and it makes me want to cry *tears up a little* :)
Nice!

On an unrelated note. Has anyone here checked out the gym? I see that it is available for use by current students, but I didn't want to make the leap from that statement to "the gym is free!"
It BETTER be free! Though it's not a very nice gym - I was there for a tournament a couple of months ago :D
As long as they have a bench and a squat rack with enough olympic bars and weights to use then I'm happy as can be. I haven't found a picture of their weight room yet, though I can't imagine that they would not have these things.

ETA: Now that I actually take the time to explore the Palladium's website I see that my needs will be met. They also have kettlebells, which I've really wanted to give a try but haven't wanted to shell out cash to buy.
You will be going to Coles, not Palladium. Both gyms have adequate weight rooms but they're a bit small for a University as large as NYU. Thankfully, most of the undergraduate and graduate students here devote more time to smoking cigarettes than to fitness, so you shouldn't have too much trouble using the facilities on campus.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Wed May 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Have you guys applied for your loans yet? How do I even begin to do that? All I've done is accept my scholarship.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

snehpets wrote:Have you guys applied for your loans yet? How do I even begin to do that? All I've done is accept my scholarship.
You'll get somewhat notified of this later on I believe. It was a shit show last summer. You can check out that thread if you want. I think it was all in the "Class of 2014" thread not then "In at NYU" thread. But yeah, look in June/July/August for that stuff. I'd link you to it, but quite frankly I'm feeling really lazy. :oops:

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
snehpets wrote:Have you guys applied for your loans yet? How do I even begin to do that? All I've done is accept my scholarship.
You'll get somewhat notified of this later on I believe. It was a shit show last summer. You can check out that thread if you want. I think it was all in the "Class of 2014" thread not then "In at NYU" thread. But yeah, look in June/July/August for that stuff. I'd link you to it, but quite frankly I'm feeling really lazy. :oops:
Thanks! My friend at another school applied for his like two weeks ago and I got nervous I'd missed the boat so I'm glad they'll notify us

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”