USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mieri
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby mieri » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Good luck to everyone applying now!

I emailed USF to ask if they offered travel stipends for ASW; they said they didn't. Ah well.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby masked kavana » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Tried negotiating my scholarship and it was declined. It remains for one year only.

Was told that top 5% get 2L and 3L scholarships =(

mieri
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby mieri » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, I guess that's incentive to do well for those of us who attend... 5%'s pretty high though.

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Decision rendered this morning, but no email. It also said decision letter sent under mailings. Did everyone receive an email if they got accepted/rejected? I was thinking it may be a waitlist. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!

LAWLADI2011
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby LAWLADI2011 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Geekolover wrote:Decision rendered this morning, but no email. It also said decision letter sent under mailings. Did everyone receive an email if they got accepted/rejected? I was thinking it may be a waitlist. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!




I am waiting for my email as well. I just checked at 1 and it said decision rendered but no email yet. :(

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 pm

LAWLADI2011 wrote:
Geekolover wrote:Decision rendered this morning, but no email. It also said decision letter sent under mailings. Did everyone receive an email if they got accepted/rejected? I was thinking it may be a waitlist. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!




I am waiting for my email as well. I just checked at 1 and it said decision rendered but no email yet. :(


Hmmm... well at least we're not alone! My numbers are around their 25% so I was thinking maybe a waitlist.

User avatar
EuroDisney
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:41 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby EuroDisney » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:06 am

For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby ensign85 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:51 am

EuroDisney wrote:For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?


Nope. But 2nd email changed to a usfca.edu one.

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 am

ensign85 wrote:
EuroDisney wrote:For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?


Nope. But 2nd email changed to a usfca.edu one.


My email changed to a usfca.edu one too. No seat deposits either. I guess they are snail mailing decisions these days.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby sdphill » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 am

EuroDisney wrote:For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?


I do not have anything under fees still.

Geekolover wrote:
ensign85 wrote:
EuroDisney wrote:For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?


Nope. But 2nd email changed to a usfca.edu one.


My email changed to a usfca.edu one too. No seat deposits either. I guess they are snail mailing decisions these days.


My email changed to a usfca.edu address too. Don't know when it changed, but it is definitely there.

Geekolover wrote:Decision rendered this morning, but no email. It also said decision letter sent under mailings. Did everyone receive an email if they got accepted/rejected? I was thinking it may be a waitlist. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!


I got accepted and it took them literally all day to email me. Decision rendered happened around 8 and I got an email at 7:29 PM and then a phone call at 7:30 form the Dean congratulating me on my scholarship offer.

LAWLADI2011
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby LAWLADI2011 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 pm

sdphill wrote:
EuroDisney wrote:For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?


I do not have anything under fees still.

Geekolover wrote:
ensign85 wrote:
EuroDisney wrote:For those of you who have already been accepted, do you have deposit numbers/dates in the fee section of the status checker?


Nope. But 2nd email changed to a usfca.edu one.


My email changed to a usfca.edu one too. No seat deposits either. I guess they are snail mailing decisions these days.


My email changed to a usfca.edu address too. Don't know when it changed, but it is definitely there.

Geekolover wrote:Decision rendered this morning, but no email. It also said decision letter sent under mailings. Did everyone receive an email if they got accepted/rejected? I was thinking it may be a waitlist. Any shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!


I got accepted and it took them literally all day to email me. Decision rendered happened around 8 and I got an email at 7:29 PM and then a phone call at 7:30 form the Dean congratulating me on my scholarship offer.



still nothing. :(

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:06 pm


still nothing. :(


+1 =(

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby sdphill » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Geekolover wrote:

still nothing. :(


+1 =(


Have you called them?

LAWLADI2011
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby LAWLADI2011 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 pm

sdphill wrote:
Geekolover wrote:

still nothing. :(


+1 =(


Have you called them?


Yes, and the person in the admission office said I will be either notified by email or snail mail. If by snail mail it will take 2 days if I am in California..east coast a week. It sounds like acceptance letters are through email, though. I emailed them as well and the admissions assistant just emailed me saying I would receive a letter through the mail so it doesn't sound like good news.

mieri
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby mieri » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:37 pm

I hope you guys hear good news soon! Hopefully they're just snail-mailing acceptances now, instead of doing double duty.

lharriman9
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby lharriman9 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Decision Rendered 2/7, it's killing me not knowing - hopefully I'll get e-mail by the end of the day?
157/3.05 but my degree is in Engineering Physics and I want to do Cyber Information Law, so hopefully that will help... that and the fact that I currently work in IP Litigation...

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby ensign85 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 pm

lharriman9 wrote:Decision Rendered 2/7, it's killing me not knowing - hopefully I'll get e-mail by the end of the day?
157/3.05 but my degree is in Engineering Physics and I want to do Cyber Information Law, so hopefully that will help... that and the fact that I currently work in IP Litigation...


You're probably in or waitlisted at worst. I believe WL is US mail. They're pretty quick at mailing decisions, so 2 days in CA sounds right.

lharriman9
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby lharriman9 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:45 pm

ensign85 wrote:
lharriman9 wrote:Decision Rendered 2/7, it's killing me not knowing - hopefully I'll get e-mail by the end of the day?
157/3.05 but my degree is in Engineering Physics and I want to do Cyber Information Law, so hopefully that will help... that and the fact that I currently work in IP Litigation...


You're probably in or waitlisted at worst. I believe WL is US mail. They're pretty quick at mailing decisions, so 2 days in CA sounds right.



I appreciate the vote of confidence - still waiting to hear back, for the record GGU accepted me with a full ride, so I'm kinda hoping that's a nice predictor for at least accepted. I'd prefer USF what with being ranked higher.

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 pm

lharriman9 wrote:
ensign85 wrote:
lharriman9 wrote:Decision Rendered 2/7, it's killing me not knowing - hopefully I'll get e-mail by the end of the day?
157/3.05 but my degree is in Engineering Physics and I want to do Cyber Information Law, so hopefully that will help... that and the fact that I currently work in IP Litigation...


You're probably in or waitlisted at worst. I believe WL is US mail. They're pretty quick at mailing decisions, so 2 days in CA sounds right.



I appreciate the vote of confidence - still waiting to hear back, for the record GGU accepted me with a full ride, so I'm kinda hoping that's a nice predictor for at least accepted. I'd prefer USF what with being ranked higher.


I'm in the exact same boat as you. GGU gave me a great offer, but I think I would choose USF even if I'm waitlisted.

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Waitlisted, going to send a LOCI within the next week. Good luck to everyone else.

pillowpet
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:08 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby pillowpet » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 pm

a week is a bit soon to be sending a LOCI, in my opinion. i would hold off a few weeks and then send one. Maybe with something new that has occurred, such as new grades, new job, etc. Or visit the school, sit in a class, and talk to a professor or students and then build that into your loci.

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:47 pm

pillowpet wrote:a week is a bit soon to be sending a LOCI, in my opinion. i would hold off a few weeks and then send one. Maybe with something new that has occurred, such as new grades, new job, etc. Or visit the school, sit in a class, and talk to a professor or students and then build that into your loci.


Thanks for the input. I will probably do something along those lines.

maysman24
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby maysman24 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 pm

I applied on 11/30 and have had my status updated a few times, the most recent being 1/17. I was sent an email from USF this morning and while I was excited to see it, it turned out to be the school urging me to apply. Great organizational schools USF haha. Anyone else get this?

Geekolover
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby Geekolover » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:32 am

For those that have been accepted, when are your seat deposits due? Just wondering when they may be taking people from the waitlist. Thanks!

LAWLADI2011
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: USF 2011-2012 Applicants

Postby LAWLADI2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Geekolover wrote:Waitlisted, going to send a LOCI within the next week. Good luck to everyone else.


Waitlist. :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Ca2021, canafsa, JosefK, proteinshake, stratton_oakmont, ThorB and 14 guests