Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: quinnipiac c/o 2015
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm 

DonDrapersAttorney wrote:
Does anyone know where most law/grad students try to live in Hamden/New Haven. I'll be flying to CT for the accepted student week in early March and I'm trying to narrow down places to look for apartments in the short time I'm there.

Im trying to find this stuff out as well. I havent heard back from all schools yet and this wasnt near the top of my list but they have offered monies and it seems like a good area...I'd like to visit but im in FL so dont know how soon that will be happening...I'd love to hear what you think about it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:52 am 

I applied for the scholarship. Looking forward to hearing back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:51 pm 

Curious to see who's attending the Accepted Students day at the beginning of March. I know there's one later too, but I'll be there for the one on the 3rd .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:17 pm 

-

Last edited by cpinker3 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:16 pm 

Don't count on getting good $. Quinnipiac isn't big on $ and it's not like you have amazing numbers. (neither do I)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:23 pm 

Snlckaz31 wrote:
Don't count on getting good $. Quinnipiac isn't big on $

Wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:33 pm 

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Snlckaz31 wrote:

Wrong.

Wrong. Quinnipiac is not known for giving out good scholarship money. They are also, obviously, very expensive to begin with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:28 pm 

Snlckaz31 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Snlckaz31 wrote:

Wrong.

Wrong. Quinnipiac is not known for giving out good scholarship money. They are also, obviously, very expensive to begin with.

Other than QUSL being expensive to begin with, you have no idea what you're talking about. I would love to know what your source is for your assertions. At median and 75th percentiles, QUSL is quite generous (and offers full scholarship opportunity with only a 160 LSAT). So do some research before you spout off misinformation. I know students there who were 3.4/158 and got 25K/year scholarship; 3.3/161 and got 35K scholarship; 3.5/159 30K scholarship and I can go on. And the 50% stipulation is among the most manageable scholarship stipulations.

As I've stated above in this thread, PM me if you want to talk to someone who actually knows about the school.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:48 pm 

They seem very generous to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:07 pm 

my initial scholly offer was 30,000. a couple weeks ago i was visiting my girl who goes there so i thought it would give me something to do if i scheduled an interview. i barely said shit and did nothing. i got a letter via snailmail a week later saying that my new scholly offer was 35,000.

an extra 5k for just showing up isnt too bad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 am 

Snlckaz31 wrote:
Don't count on getting good $. Quinnipiac isn't big on $ and it's not like you have amazing numbers. (neither do I)
I've also got a healthy scholarship there. They're trying to move up in the rankings, hence generous scholarship offers. Considering you're applying this late in the game, I doubt whatever sources you're using for your general law school advice...

Anyone here get onto their accepted student website? I think it's a great little tool prior to starting and while making a decision.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:16 pm 

That is a nice website. I like the profiles feature.

Is anyone here attending the scholarship interviews in late March?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:46 pm 

westcoast wrote:

read my post. its about 2 back. def do it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 pm 

35,000/year offer. Stats in profile and I haven't visited. Probably won't go, but it's nice to see a generous offer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:54 pm 

zuckaz48 wrote:
westcoast wrote:

Yeah... I am doing mine this Saturday at the Admitted Students Day. I got $30k/year with a 3.1, 158. I would like to get that extra $5k/year, maybe even more, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 pm 

Snlckaz31 wrote:
Got accepted here and WNE on 12/21. I'm only applying for part time programs and only to the three schools within driving distance of where I live because I have a full time job and family. I will be attending Quinnipiac unless I get accepted to UConn's part time program. But I probably won't here back from them for quite some time with my mediocre numbers. 3.32/154

Don't go to WNE.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm 

iceicebaby wrote:
zuckaz48 wrote:
westcoast wrote:

Yeah... I am doing mine this Saturday at the Admitted Students Day. I got $30k/year with a 3.1, 158. I would like to get that extra $5k/year, maybe even more, too.

yea man. i showed up and really didnt say shit. he basically read me my resume and asked what i did. i was hungover too. get that extra 5k bro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:31 pm 

zuckaz48 wrote:
iceicebaby wrote:
zuckaz48 wrote:
westcoast wrote:

yea man. i showed up and really didnt say shit. he basically read me my resume and asked what i did. i was hungover too. get that extra 5k bro

I like your moves and overall swag, sir.

You going to ASD this weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 am 

I'm not sure how many of you went to the Accepted Student Day, but I really enjoyed it. I thought the campus was top notch and really enjoyed the mock class. It had a pretty genuine feeling as being as close as possible to the real deal. I've had some other mock classes at schools that seemed a lot more "look at how fun this is, come to our school".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm 

DonDrapersAttorney wrote:
I'm not sure how many of you went to the Accepted Student Day, but I really enjoyed it. I thought the campus was top notch and really enjoyed the mock class. It had a pretty genuine feeling as being as close as possible to the real deal. I've had some other mock classes at schools that seemed a lot more "look at how fun this is, come to our school".

I don't like how they seem to gloss over things like employment. Truth is you can probably find something with a degree from Quinni which is better than many schools can say, but it will not be very flashy and I would probably get paid more in my current paralegal role. They simply don't appeal to many firms and I know their grads have to clerk before really getting a solid-paying job at a decent firm in CT. They do, however, have a relatively large alumni presence in many of the businesses in Southern CT. For instance, Subway's World HQ is in Milford, CT and pretty much their entire staff of attorneys are Quinnipiac grads.

That said, it really is such a nice school with really nice people and decent professors. I am really, really sad it is unranked and has such a small alumni base because otherwise it may have been perfect for me. I still plan on going to the March 25th ASD and interview with them for more money, though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:21 pm 

Just sent in my acceptance. Anyone else commit yet? I'm probably going to be looking for a roommate too. I noticed a lot of decent and inexpensive housing off of Mix Avenue when I was up there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 am 

I am 95% sure I am going to quinnipiac.. should commit by the end of the week.. Anyone looking for a roomate, message me on facebook.. Travis Nunziato (i go to rutgers, might be easier to find me that way)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:06 am 

I've been accepted w 35k/year. Im visiting for the open house this weekend, but since Im coming from FL I have no idea about the town. Can anyone give me insight on where to go/what to do/where to look?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:11 pm 

Whitney Ave and Mix Ave seem to have most of the housing and shopping in Hamden. I was only up there for a weekend too but those seemed to be the areas that law students concentrate in for the most part in Hamden. It's definitely a smaller town than I'm used to, but New Haven is only 15 minutes away and seems to have about everything as far as housing and shopping is concerned. Even an Ikea :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:23 pm 

Accepted with 30,000 a year which is making Quinnipiac a strong consider over both Syracuse and West Virginia, however I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools.