quinnipiac c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jamesm722

New

Re: quinnipiac c/o 2015

Post by jamesm722 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:43 pm

I got 30k here with a 2.77 and 158. My GPA is a little unrepresentative as my freshman year was a 1.5 (yeah i know). Maybe being a military officer helped? I'm not sure.

THis is probably my number 2 to Syracuse (still waiting)

beachy

New

Post by beachy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

I visited for the ADS in late March. I really liked New Haven but I was underwhelmed with Hamden. The people are great which is the main reason why I even considered QU (as well as being offered a 35k/year scholly), but in the end the school is just too small and regional for me so Im withdrawing.

cminthepm

New

Post by cminthepm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:25 pm

35k/year may be too good to pass up. I want to visit. If it's like the other quaint place I've visited in New England, I'll probably love it. Excited about only being 1.5 hours from NYC too. I think I'll probably be here in the fall, going to send in deposits to two schools though as I have yet to visit and be sure, and won't be able to until after graduation.

beachy

New

Post by beachy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 pm

cminthepm wrote:35k/year may be too good to pass up. I want to visit. If it's like the other quaint place I've visited in New England, I'll probably love it. Excited about only being 1.5 hours from NYC too. I think I'll probably be here in the fall, going to send in deposits to two schools though as I have yet to visit and be sure, and won't be able to until after graduation.
I love New England in general, esp coastal areas whether metropolitan or small time. Hamden is basically a family town though, and doesnt have much of the new england charm that Im used to. New Haven was fabulous and Hartford was gorgeous, albeit dead on the weekends. When I asked one of the girls what they did for fun she said they went to the local TGI Fridays. I would def recommend visiting because its just too hard to decide without seeing.

LawSwag23

New

Post by LawSwag23 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:17 am

In case anyone was looking for a current student's perspective, I am just finishing up my 1L year at QU Law and I hope I can give some insight into what life here is like. On the surface, Quinnipiac seems like a great place to spend you law school years. Great facilities, helpful staff, and the best aspect of the school is the faculty. The faculty is truly outstanding. With that being said, if you are ever planning on practicing law outside of Connecticut, do not attend Quinnipiac. If you are ok with going to law school, sitting for the bar, practicing law, and living in Connecticut, then by all means select Quinnipiac (unless you get into UConn or Yale obviously). I am from out of state, and I was accepted at several more prestigious law schools but chose QU for the significant scholarship offer. I regret it almost daily, even more so when I was interviewing for summer positions. It is discouraging to know that few people outside of Connecticut have ever heard of the University, let alone the law school. It is already difficult enough to find a decent attorney job without starting your career at a disadvantage by graduating from a school that most lawyers (who will be hiring you) are not familiar with. The alumni are involved with the school, but most of them are in marginal legal jobs and hardly in a position to help. As for life at QU, I would say probably 80% of my classmates are from CT and most live at home and commute daily. This makes for a somewhat uninvolved student body. Also, the administration is weak and small details such as parking can be downright infuriating. I guess my point is that Quinnipiac serves a limited market and one should choose with caution. If you have any questions you can pm me or ask on the thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DonDrapersAttorney

New

Post by DonDrapersAttorney » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm

So who's committed to QU? I'll be moving to Hamden sometime in August and I'm in section 11.

Snlckaz31

New

Post by Snlckaz31 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm all "committed" but still hoping to get off of another schools waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”