University of Kansas Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
S-IV

Re: University of Kansas Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby S-IV » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Another 1L and I signed a lease for this year at Chase Court. The complex is pretty close to the law school and, in my experience, is reasonably priced. I'm told many other law students live there as well.

Only negative aspect is that its far from Mass St. In the case of a law student, however, that is probably a positive. lol

northerniowan

Postby northerniowan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 am

lawguyjake wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
northerniowan wrote: Whew! So I'm not the only person starting in the Fall. The facebook page makes it seem as though everyone is a Summer starter.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got this impression. I was worried it was just going to be me and...me starting in the fall. See you guys (girls?) in two months. Here's to the time passing extremely slowly -- I'm not too excited for 1L, though I am excited it'll be at KU.

@Lawguyjake: congrats on picking KU. I picked it for the same reasons.

Guy :) Northerniowan, did you happen to go to the scholarship dinner at Dean Mazza's house? I met a guy who went to UNI.

Ineptimusprime - Thanks! Turning UC Davis down was the hardest thing ever, but KU just makes better sense and gave me a better feeling. I met two summer starters at a bar in Lawrence last week. They were pretty cool.

Where is everyone living? If you haven't figured that out yet, you should hop on it soon. Apartments go really quickly. I think both of you are out-of-towners, right?

I might be going to Lawrence Monday/Tuesday to look at apartments. And yes, we must have met at Dean Mazza's house, I was the only guy from UNI there lol. Which one were you again?:-)

lawguyjake

Postby lawguyjake » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:15 pm

I was just another one of the Kansans :-) But I am glad you chose KU. I almost picked a school out west, but I am really happy to be a Jayhawk. Good luck apartment hunting. A lot of one-bedrooms are filled up, but Lawrence has tons of places to live.

northerniowan wrote:
lawguyjake wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
northerniowan wrote: Whew! So I'm not the only person starting in the Fall. The facebook page makes it seem as though everyone is a Summer starter.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got this impression. I was worried it was just going to be me and...me starting in the fall. See you guys (girls?) in two months. Here's to the time passing extremely slowly -- I'm not too excited for 1L, though I am excited it'll be at KU.

@Lawguyjake: congrats on picking KU. I picked it for the same reasons.

Guy :) Northerniowan, did you happen to go to the scholarship dinner at Dean Mazza's house? I met a guy who went to UNI.

Ineptimusprime - Thanks! Turning UC Davis down was the hardest thing ever, but KU just makes better sense and gave me a better feeling. I met two summer starters at a bar in Lawrence last week. They were pretty cool.

Where is everyone living? If you haven't figured that out yet, you should hop on it soon. Apartments go really quickly. I think both of you are out-of-towners, right?

I might be going to Lawrence Monday/Tuesday to look at apartments. And yes, we must have met at Dean Mazza's house, I was the only guy from UNI there lol. Which one were you again?:-)

northerniowan

Postby northerniowan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:59 am

Got an apartment today! This is starting to feel real.

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm so jealous. Hope to start next year. Congrats guys and gals!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”