Loyola Univeristy New Orleans c/o 2015 ('11-'12 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2LT_CPG

Re: Loyola Univeristy New Orleans c/o 2015 ('11-'12 applicants)

Postby 2LT_CPG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm

I sent emails to like, every one of the student ambassadors listed on their website, and over a week later, no responses.

thebilt05

Postby thebilt05 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:31 am

just got denied

kmichlew

Postby kmichlew » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:I sent emails to like, every one of the student ambassadors listed on their website, and over a week later, no responses.

Sounds about right...one of the reps had told me mid to late January, but that was back in December. Here we are in February, and I haven't heard of a single person who's gotten an offer yet. I'm getting so impatient.

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:55 pm

kmichlew wrote:
2LT_CPG wrote:I sent emails to like, every one of the student ambassadors listed on their website, and over a week later, no responses.

Sounds about right...one of the reps had told me mid to late January, but that was back in December. Here we are in February, and I haven't heard of a single person who's gotten an offer yet. I'm getting so impatient.

I've asked like two questions in the accepted students group that went unanswered too. Whoever's in charge of their admissions communication isn't on top of their game. I suspect a good number of those student ambassadors are graduates too, and they just haven't updated it.

Ugh. I really like Loyola, I just want them to talk to me. It's like 7th grade all over again.

thegoodpart

Postby thegoodpart » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

2LT_CPG wrote: I've asked like two questions in the accepted students group that went unanswered too. Whoever's in charge of their admissions communication isn't on top of their game. I suspect a good number of those student ambassadors are graduates too, and they just haven't updated it.

Ugh. I really like Loyola, I just want them to talk to me. It's like 7th grade all over again.

And now i know your true identity muahahaha -maniacal laughter....but I too have tried to get in touch with people over there and they are verrry slow. I had inquired about money before the guy posted in the group and was told no later than 3/1 and I have a feeling it'll probably take them till then :-/

kmichlew

Postby kmichlew » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 am

2LT_CPG wrote:
kmichlew wrote:

I've asked like two questions in the accepted students group that went unanswered too. Whoever's in charge of their admissions communication isn't on top of their game. I suspect a good number of those student ambassadors are graduates too, and they just haven't updated it.

People do bike to campus, and yes there are places to lock them up :) Don't let lack of communication now dissuade you. I applied last year and decided to defer to get more scholarship money, and they were very helpful and communicated well last year. I know that the way they are handling scholarship money this year is different from last, so they might still be working through it. Last year they sent out offers almost immediately, and that's basically why I got shafted since I applied late. This year they're waiting to see the whole applicant pool. That's what they told me, anyway. If you want direct answers, call the admissions office and ask to speak to Dean Allison-Davis, who's the dean of admissions. She always knew answers to my questions and was extremely understanding, straightforward, and honest with me.

Decandler29

Postby Decandler29 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:07 pm

I got in touch with one of the ambassadors through Facebook and she was really helpful. Maybe try that?

JerichoJohnny

Postby JerichoJohnny » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Sent in a late application a few days ago when I read scholarship money hasn't been allocated yet. So far I am getting VERY fast movement on my app.

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:16 am

JerichoJohnny wrote:Sent in a late application a few days ago when I read scholarship money hasn't been allocated yet. So far I am getting VERY fast movement on my app.

Yeah it took them days to accept me. They're weirdly fast this year for some reason, judging by LSN.

Bluewavesix

Postby Bluewavesix » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:01 pm

JerichoJohnny wrote:Sent in a late application a few days ago when I read scholarship money hasn't been allocated yet. So far I am getting VERY fast movement on my app.

I sent mine about 2 weeks ago, and now am moving fast. I'm getting updates at weird times too. Last night I went from IR to "Admissions committee review pending" at like 11PM. My last update came on a Saturday. Someone is working hard in NO...

argentinaguy9885

Postby argentinaguy9885 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I applied on 1/6, received my status checker info 1/19, accepted 1/19. They move super fast! Now I just want to hear back about any scholarship money. The dean told me this is the first year they have allocated money this way, so it may take a little longer.

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Interesting that they're accepting people so quickly this year. Why are they doing that? Reduced applications?

kmichlew

Postby kmichlew » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:Interesting that they're accepting people so quickly this year. Why are they doing that? Reduced applications?

They moved really quickly with apps around this time last year. My guess is that they're trying to process as many as possible before they dole out money...so that they have a more complete view of all the applicants. Just a guess, though.

JerichoJohnny

Postby JerichoJohnny » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:49 pm

I appreciate the fact that they are getting that picture before doling out the scholarship money. As I mentioned earlier, the opportunity to have a first crack at those funds this late in the game was a major reason why I applied to Loyola - NO. Living in New Orleans would be great, though I do worry that there would be too MUCH to do.

In other news, I recently went into review and we continue to quickly roll along!

JerichoJohnny

Postby JerichoJohnny » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:41 pm

And we're in! With scholarship consideration.

Bluewavesix

Postby Bluewavesix » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:36 am

JerichoJohnny wrote:And we're in! With scholarship consideration.

Ditto. In last night with scholarship consideration!

argentinaguy9885

Postby argentinaguy9885 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Congrats! Hopefully we hear back about scholarships in the near future!

jdc.cassidy

Postby jdc.cassidy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Hello all! I am an ambassador and a 3L (third-year law student) at Loyola. For those of you who have said you have emailed the ambassadors and not received a response, I am so sorry you felt like you were getting swept under the rug. I went back through my emails to make sure no one had attempted to email me and no one had.

But I am here and willing to answer any questions that I am able to answer. You all must remember: I am a student and so there are certain questions to which I simply cannot respond, i.e. financial aid, scholarships, etc. But I can direct your questions to the appropriate people at the school and see follow up to ensure your questions are answered!

I know how painstaking the application process can be, especially the wait. So, if there is anything I can do to help you during this time, please let me know.

On the Loyola Ambassador's page, my email address is listed as jdcassid@loyno.edu. But, please take my personal email address as well: jdc.cassidy@gmail.com. I promise that I will answer your emails promptly, even if it is just to acknowledge I have received your email and will need some time to either do the research to find the proper answer or just to find the time to sit down to properly respond.

Every good wish,
Jessie

jdc.cassidy

Postby jdc.cassidy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 pm

I would like to apologize to you directly. I did not receive an email from you, but am more than happy to answer any questions you have.

- Jessie

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:42 pm

jdc.cassidy wrote:

I would like to apologize to you directly. I did not receive an email from you, but am more than happy to answer any questions you have.

- Jessie

Totally fine, for some reason I never sent you an email. I didn't think I was being ignored, I just assumed the ambassador page was old and hadn't been updated, so the email accounts were defunct. Thanks for finding the thread!

AimeeRab

Postby AimeeRab » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello all!

My name is Aimee, and I am currently a student ambassador at Loyola Law School. I’m so sorry to hear that you have had trouble contacting us via our Web Site and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have gone through my e-mail account; however, I have not found any unanswered messages for any student ambassador questions (and I do not have a spam filter). Therefore, I am posting here!

Like Jessie, I would like to extend an offer for you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about Loyola Law. My e-mail is aerabala@loyno.edu. The link to my student ambassador profile is: http://law.loyno.edu/student-ambassador-aimee-rabalais

Hope to hear from you all soon!
Aimee

argentinaguy9885

Postby argentinaguy9885 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Let's hope this is the week we hear back about scholarships!

Jwb0711

Postby Jwb0711 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:16 pm

argentinaguy9885 wrote:Let's hope this is the week we hear back about scholarships!

Agreed.

Does anyone know what kind of stipulations LoyNo gives on their scholarships? Generous? or Top 1/3 stuff?

classof2015

Postby classof2015 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:15 am

MrHaephestus

Postby MrHaephestus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:54 pm

@Jwb0711

I called the fin aid office and spoke with Christine. Scholarships are based on maintaining your GPA. To keep the full amount of a scholarship you'll need to hit 3.2 or higher for your GPA. If you stay above 2.7 but below 3.2, you can petition to keep 75% of your scholarship. If; however, you drop below a 2.7, then the school can opt to remove your scholarship without the possibility of renewal. Hope that helps!

Oh and for the record, Christine is super friendly and helpful. I got denied my initial Grad Plus Loan, and she was able to give me the phone number to start an appeal as well as give me the general rundown on how to turn a denial into an acceptance. Supah groovy!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”