Loyola Univeristy New Orleans c/o 2015 ('11-'12 applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tania.z

Re: Loyola Univeristy New Orleans c/o 2015 ('11-'12 applicants)

Postby tania.z » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:33 am

Just checked my status today and it says Admitted - scholarship consideration. Also says that the decision letter was mailed today. Does this arrive by mail or email?

I'm form CA and would really appreciate some insight into New Orleans :)

drmolly

Postby drmolly » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 pm

tania.z wrote:Just checked my status today and it says Admitted - scholarship consideration. Also says that the decision letter was mailed today. Does this arrive by mail or email?

I'm form CA and would really appreciate some insight into New Orleans :)

Oh wow, you ask a big question. Luckily the answer is simple - NOLA IS AMAZING. I may be biased, since I am from Louisiana and have spent my undergrad in OK, but the people, culture and food are way better. If you like music, there is jazz and voodoo fest (google them) and when I lived there I could sit on my back porch and listen to music from a local bar/restaurant during the evening. And everyone outside of new orleans will say bourbon is awesome, but magazine is my favorite street.

GeauxTigers7

Postby GeauxTigers7 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

Withdrawing today. Best of luck to everyone!

theexaminer

Postby theexaminer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 am

Hey guys, I was placed on the wait list, and don't know how soon I should expect to get a response. I have written my LOCI and sent it in, and in a couple of weeks I am making a trip out there. I have gotten in touch with the admissions dept and have been bothering them incessantly, do you have any other tips and suggestions as to how I may show them they are my first choice?

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:47 am

Probably withdrawing this week. I never received a response after I sent my negotiation request.

Charlindrea

Postby Charlindrea » Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am

Admitted via the wait list on May 11th. :D

Carly

Postby Carly » Wed May 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Got accepted of the waitlisted May 11th and am so excited but this has kinda thrown a kink in my plans (to be honest, I didn't expect to get in). Does anyone know if loyal a does deferrals or of I should even try considering it's so late?

labf

Postby labf » Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:I applied last week and have somewhat similar numbers. 3.6/152. Some solid softs like having gone to Jesuit high school and a Jesuit college, military service, etc. For the already admitted or those with some familiarity, anyone know what I should expect?

Also, I applied for the civil law program, with the expectation that I'd want to work in Louisiana. What's the breakdown at Loyola between civil and common law students? Anyone know if it's relatively common (no pun intended) for civil law students to take the bar in common law states?

I wonder this as well.

If I were to get a JD in civil law, would this be portable in states with common law? Could I reasonably take the bar in a common law state with a reasonable expectation of passing? :?

BollywoodBash

Postby BollywoodBash » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Some students who do the Civil Law program end up working out of state (thus taking the bar out of state). So it's doable. You have to opportunity to take classes outside of the civil law program via electives. So don't think you're restricted for the entirety of your law school career. I'm a current 2L, if you have questions feel free to ask!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”