New York Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ashleyryan
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:20 am

New York Law

Postby ashleyryan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Anyone else apply here?!

Best of luck to all!

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: New York Law

Postby doceydoe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 pm

ashleyryan wrote:Anyone else apply here?!

Best of luck to all!



i did....look out for an invitation to interview.

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 pm

I did too. Did you guys do the video interview?

ShowJumper560
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby ShowJumper560 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:22 am

I didn't bother with the interview since it's not one of my top choices

jnelsi
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby jnelsi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:51 am

I got the interview request as well...done a practice run...will finalize today.

JerichoJohnny
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby JerichoJohnny » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:56 pm

I also decided not to do the interview. Not really a top choice for me, and recording such an interview just felt weird to me. I was sent to committee in early October. Nothing so far. Everyone is still pending on LSN though.

wontpanic
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby wontpanic » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 am

I'm going to do the video interview. It might help my chances and i like having options.

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: New York Law

Postby BrunetteElle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:54 pm

anyone else update? my status date changed to today...

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes me too. Hope that means a decision soon. Got into St. J today, hope NYLS will join =D

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: New York Law

Postby BrunetteElle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Kess wrote:Yes me too. Hope that means a decision soon. Got into St. J today, hope NYLS will join =D



congrats on st. j! i got waitlisted at fordham yesterday so an acceptance today would be lovely :) i'm hoping the same!

ShowJumper560
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby ShowJumper560 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Just got accepted!

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: New York Law

Postby BrunetteElle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 pm

ShowJumper560 wrote:Just got accepted!



congrats! did they email or did you find out via status checker?

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:15 pm

BrunetteElle wrote:
Kess wrote:Yes me too. Hope that means a decision soon. Got into St. J today, hope NYLS will join =D



congrats on st. j! i got waitlisted at fordham yesterday so an acceptance today would be lovely :) i'm hoping the same!


Thank you! I saw you wrote in one of your posts that you're a major reverse splitter. May I ask your numbers if you don't mind? :)

ShowJumper560
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby ShowJumper560 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:23 pm

BrunetteElle wrote:
ShowJumper560 wrote:Just got accepted!



congrats! did they email or did you find out via status checker?


The top of my status checker. I just happened to look since people were saying their date was updated.

My numbers are 154/3.19 (now 3.24 but I don't think they have my updated transcript yet) in case anyone was wondering.

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: New York Law

Postby BrunetteElle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:24 pm

ShowJumper560 wrote:
BrunetteElle wrote:
ShowJumper560 wrote:Just got accepted!



congrats! did they email or did you find out via status checker?


The top of my status checker. I just happened to look since people were saying their date was updated.

My numbers are 154/3.19 (now 3.24 but I don't think they have my updated transcript yet) in case anyone was wondering.


ooh, i'm going to obsessively check my status checker now! hahaha :)

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Did you guys do the video thing?

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:23 pm

In :)

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: New York Law

Postby BrunetteElle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 pm

in as well! i didn't do the video.

RUL3ofLAW
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:08 am

Re: New York Law

Postby RUL3ofLAW » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:08 pm

in via status checker with scholarship! 158/2.5 can't wait to get the letter to see how much they are going to cut into that ridiculous $46,000 tuition! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: New York Law

Postby BrunetteElle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 am

RUL3ofLAW wrote:in via status checker with scholarship! 158/2.5 can't wait to get the letter to see how much they are going to cut into that ridiculous $46,000 tuition!
in via status checker with scholarship! 158/2.5 can't wait to get the letter to see how much they are going to cut into that ridiculous $46,000 tuition! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D


congrats! isn't it nice to have an acceptance riiiight before christmas?!

JerichoJohnny
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby JerichoJohnny » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Status checker updated to offered admission with merit scholarship. No video, in case anyone is interested.

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: New York Law

Postby doceydoe » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 am

In as well via status checker....hate to admit it but, TLS trolls have me mighty apprehensive about scholarships and such...wonder what the stips are?

I wish they'd give me a housing scholarship though...one of the NYLS dorms is right in the East Village.... :D

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Got my admission pack. My scholly is 12500/year contingent upon a 3.1 GPA. Doubt I will be attending but will see how everything else pans out.

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Kess wrote:Got my admission pack. My scholly is 12500/year contingent upon a 3.1 GPA. Doubt I will be attending but will see how everything else pans out.


Good job Kess! you deserve it.

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: New York Law

Postby Kess » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:54 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
Kess wrote:Got my admission pack. My scholly is 12500/year contingent upon a 3.1 GPA. Doubt I will be attending but will see how everything else pans out.


Good job Kess! you deserve it.


Thank you? Or is it sarcasm? lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: admitmels180, curry4bfast, finaciardi, Nickel94 and 8 guests