CUNY Law C/O 2015 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

CUNY Law C/O 2015 Applicants

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:05 pm

I didn't see one so I guess i'll start this. I've heard the school takes an incredibly long time in making a decision. I applied last week and is currently under review. Anyone else heard back from them yet?
Last edited by fatpeopleavenger on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmokeefe

Bronze

Re: CUNY Law C/O 2015

Post by kmokeefe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:29 pm

I went complete and ready for review 11/15 and haven't heard a thing since.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Re: CUNY Law C/O 2015

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:48 pm

kmokeefe wrote:I went complete and ready for review 11/15 and haven't heard a thing since.
i wonder how that is possible? I sent my app 11/29, got completed the next day, and went under review 12/1.

paradox

New

Re: CUNY Law C/O 2015 Applicants

Post by paradox » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:29 pm

Please tell me about CUNY Law - - good, bad or indifferent. Thanks.

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am

paradox wrote:Please tell me about CUNY Law - - good, bad or indifferent. Thanks.
Its a great school if you want to do public interest law. If that isn't your passion, don't bother applying there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wontpanic

New

Post by wontpanic » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:28 pm

I attended an info session last month and they said that they don't send out decisions until January. Someone on LSN posted that they got waitlisted on 12/5 so maybe they've gotten the process to move along faster.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm

wontpanic wrote:I attended an info session last month and they said that they don't send out decisions until January. Someone on LSN posted that they got waitlisted on 12/5 so maybe they've gotten the process to move along faster.
I saw that too, though it was weird he was the only WL'ed. I would say flame but his profile didn't look like he was flaming.

kmokeefe

Bronze

Post by kmokeefe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
wontpanic wrote:I attended an info session last month and they said that they don't send out decisions until January. Someone on LSN posted that they got waitlisted on 12/5 so maybe they've gotten the process to move along faster.
I saw that too, though it was weird he was the only WL'ed. I would say flame but his profile didn't look like he was flaming.
plus the profile also says that he called CUNY asking if it was true and they confirmed the status checker. it looks like a legitimate profile to me. hopefully we'll all hear something soon.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 pm

kmokeefe wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
plus the profile also says that he called CUNY asking if it was true and they confirmed the status checker. it looks like a legitimate profile to me. hopefully we'll all hear something soon.
I'm probably going to hear back much later because I signed up for the February LSAT. I'm only taking the Feb LSAT because I want to raise my chances at CUNY law.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:06 am

paradox wrote:Please tell me about CUNY Law - - good, bad or indifferent. Thanks.
probably not great coming from an applicant, but it is my #1 school because 1) very good rep for public interest (I want to be a public defender or immigration lawyer) 2) 10K in-state tuition 3) 10 min bus ride from my house to the school, lol. 20-25 min subway ride once the school moves to Long Island City

kmokeefe

Bronze

Post by kmokeefe » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:38 pm

12/22 - application updated to "in review," was previously "complete"

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 pm

kmokeefe wrote:12/22 - application updated to "in review," was previously "complete"
Mine is still at complete, but I only went complete on 12/13

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:45 am

Kess wrote:
kmokeefe wrote:12/22 - application updated to "in review," was previously "complete"
Do they pick randomly? I mean it's just weird. I sent my app 11/29, got completed 11/30, went in review 12/1. Maybe because I live only 10 minutes away from the school? Or perhaps because I went to a CUNY undergraduate institution?

Anyways, since i'm taking the February LSAT (essentially for them I mind you), it's going to be a long long wait for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:45 am

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
Kess wrote:
Do they pick randomly? I mean it's just weird. I sent my app 11/29, got completed 11/30, went in review 12/1. Maybe because I live only 10 minutes away from the school? Or perhaps because I went to a CUNY undergraduate institution?

Anyways, since i'm taking the February LSAT (essentially for them I mind you), it's going to be a long long wait for me.
Who knows? I mean 11/30 is still earlier than 12/13. I also went to CUNY undergrad, but I live more than 10 minutes away haha. Good luck on the LSAT again!

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Kess wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
Kess wrote:

Who knows? I mean 11/30 is still earlier than 12/13. I also went to CUNY undergrad, but I live more than 10 minutes away haha. Good luck on the LSAT again!
which CUNY if you don't mind me asking? I went to John Jay.

And i doubt location really matters, afterall we sent our apps via online.

But i really want to attend CUNY law...it's just perfect for me. cheap tuition, very good public interest (I want to do either criminal or immigration law), even if they move to Long Island City it would only be a 20 min. subway ride, great clinics.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Hunter... well CUNY is not my first choice. I've always liked Cardozo and, while I have some of what an interest in immigration, IP has always been my first choice. I'd consider it though.

Good luck!

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Kess wrote:Hunter... well CUNY is not my first choice. I've always liked Cardozo and, while I have some of what an interest in immigration, IP has always been my first choice. I'd consider it though.

Good luck!
Funny, my sister graduated from Hunter from the nursing program and my ex graduated from there as well. Always had a weird connection with that school. I'll be watching you on lsn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:25 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
Kess wrote:Hunter... well CUNY is not my first choice. I've always liked Cardozo and, while I have some of what an interest in immigration, IP has always been my first choice. I'd consider it though.

Good luck!
Funny, my sister graduated from Hunter from the nursing program and my ex graduated from there as well. Always had a weird connection with that school. I'll be watching you on lsn.
Yeah, it's a popular school over here. What's your LSN?

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Kess wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:

Good luck!
Yeah, it's a popular school over here. What's your LSN?
check your lsn comment section

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:01 pm

next week, these adcoms go back to work. Do you guys think this is going to be a long wait? It looks like it will be for some of us, at least according to last year's CUNY thread. I really want to attend this school, i hope they let me know before April deposit deadlines.

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 am

fatpeopleavenger wrote:next week, these adcoms go back to work. Do you guys think this is going to be a long wait? It looks like it will be for some of us, at least according to last year's CUNY thread. I really want to attend this school, i hope they let me know before April deposit deadlines.
They are going to send out acceptances in mid-Jan most likely. This year will probably be slower than last year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:30 am

NYCLSATTutor wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:next week, these adcoms go back to work. Do you guys think this is going to be a long wait? It looks like it will be for some of us, at least according to last year's CUNY thread. I really want to attend this school, i hope they let me know before April deposit deadlines.
They are going to send out acceptances in mid-Jan most likely. This year will probably be slower than last year.
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm also taking the Feb LSAT so I might not even hear anything back till at least March (if I'm lucky). I know there is a decrease in applicants this year so i hope it works in my favor.

btw, is the move to Long Island City by Fall 2012 definite or is it going to take longer?

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:09 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm also taking the Feb LSAT so I might not even hear anything back till at least March (if I'm lucky). I know there is a decrease in applicants this year so i hope it works in my favor.

btw, is the move to Long Island City by Fall 2012 definite or is it going to take longer?
Last I heard it was definite that they will be in LIC by Fall 2012.

Don't count on there being a decrease in applicants this year to CUNY. I believe their number of applicants may be bucking the trend and going up. A lot of what people say about other law schools or law schools in general just doesn't apply to CUNY because of its price, unique methods of picking students, and that its one of the only niche schools in existence.

Kess

Bronze

Post by Kess » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Status updated to "In Review" on 1/4

overunderachiever

Bronze

Post by overunderachiever » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 pm

NYCLSATTutor wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:

Last I heard it was definite that they will be in LIC by Fall 2012.

Don't count on there being a decrease in applicants this year to CUNY. I believe their number of applicants may be bucking the trend and going up. A lot of what people say about other law schools or law schools in general just doesn't apply to CUNY because of its price, unique methods of picking students, and that its one of the only niche schools in existence.
They haven't told us that the move was definite, and seemed reluctant to do so, but they did tell us that all signs are pointing to it happening by Fall 2012.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”