CUNY Law C/O 2015 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
suits00

Bronze

Re: CUNY Law C/O 2015 Applicants

Post by suits00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 am

poofyalpaca wrote:I've been stuck "in process" since 1/27... :?
hopefully you hear something soon

why didnt you attend in 08?

poofyalpaca

New

Post by poofyalpaca » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:35 am

I ended up attending Vermont Law School, to study under the school's criminal defense professor, a notable death penalty expert. I ended up taking a leave of absence and moving to Korea for several months and while I was living there, he passed away suddenly. I never returned to the school, took a few years to putz around with life and now I'm ready again to engage in the study of law.

suits00

Bronze

Post by suits00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Mailed out a withdraw letter today. Hope the admissions committee wakes the f*ck up and starts giving more decisions. Absolutely incompetent.

Good luck everyone!!!

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm

suits00 wrote:Mailed out a withdraw letter today. Hope the admissions committee wakes the f*ck up and starts giving more decisions. Absolutely incompetent.

Good luck everyone!!!
Is that the reason you decided to withdraw?

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 pm

suits00 wrote: Hope the admissions committee wakes the f*ck up and starts giving more decisions. Absolutely incompetent.

Good luck everyone!!!
With your grace, charm, and good-tempered nature I am sure CUNY will bitterly regret not rendering a decision on you sooner.

On these boards you have been rude, demanding, and ill-tempered. On more than one occasion you said something inflammatory but by the time I had written a response, you had changed it. I chose to let those go. But, seriously? CUNY doesn't have money to spend on hiring extra administrators or support staff. Thats because they care about giving poor students a chance to be lawyers more than they care about easing their own workload. But yes, that means that its a little bit slower there. If you don't care about public interest and $30,000 a year extra in tuition is worth it so that you can receive quicker administrative support then yes, go elsewhere. But that they choose to prioritize cost over hiring extra staff to pamper students who apply is a choice they made and its not one I disagree with.

And now that I've called you out for being rude, a piece of advice. Don't be so ridiculously stupid. The legal community in NYC is much smaller than you would expect. From the information you posted here (that you mailed out an admissions letter today), they could easily find out who you are. I doubt they would but it could impact your future admissions prospects elsewhere. Look at what you've posted here. Would you really be comfortable with your name being attached to your posts?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

2LT_CPG

Bronze

Post by 2LT_CPG » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Hopefully I hear this week! Still in review as of close of business on Friday.

suits00

Bronze

Post by suits00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:34 pm

NYCLSATTutor wrote:With your grace, charm, and good-tempered nature I am sure CUNY will bitterly regret not rendering a decision on you sooner.
i'm in at one of my top choices and purposely never posted on its' board, so i am not concerned about being identified.

i was wrong to say what i did about the admissions office. although there is much truth to their lackadaisical approach, i was unempathetic as to the reasons why this is.

i apologize to everyone for spreading negativity. i've spent countless hours helping others, especially via PM. i am far from perfect and have not handled the stress of the application process well up until the point when i decided to commit to a specific school.

i really appreciate your honesty and assistance throughout the forums.

good luck everyone
Last edited by suits00 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

suits00

Bronze

Post by suits00 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:Hopefully I hear this week! Still in review as of close of business on Friday.
Good luck!!

paradox

New

Post by paradox » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:01 pm

IN.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 pm

paradox wrote:IN.
Congrats! How did you find out? Mail?

Still waiting for my LSAT score. Probably this Friday or early next week.

paradox

New

Post by paradox » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 pm

fatpeopleavenger

1. Stay focused.

2. Please do not lose confidence.

3. Repeat #1 & #2.

I wish you the best luck.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 pm

paradox wrote:fatpeopleavenger

1. Stay focused.

2. Please do not lose confidence.

3. Repeat #1 & #2.

I wish you the best luck.
Thanks. How did you find out about your acceptance?

paradox

New

Post by paradox » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm

status check & letter.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

klafter180

New

Post by klafter180 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi all,

does anyone know when there will be an openhouse for admitted students to visit?

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:36 pm

klafter180 wrote:Hi all,

does anyone know when there will be an openhouse for admitted students to visit?
Yup. Friday, March 23.

fatpeopleavenger

Bronze

Post by fatpeopleavenger » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:09 pm

I've been denied.

Best of luck to everyone else!

aclaw55

New

Post by aclaw55 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Anyone else still in review?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2LT_CPG

Bronze

Post by 2LT_CPG » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I've been in review since early February. No changes since.

aprilelux

New

Post by aprilelux » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Notified of admission via status check this afternoon. My application went complete the first week of Feb and went under review 2/24. 156/ 3.96, in-state. Good luck, everyone!

2LT_CPG

Bronze

Post by 2LT_CPG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 am

aprilelux wrote:Notified of admission via status check this afternoon. My application went complete the first week of Feb and went under review 2/24. 156/ 3.96, in-state. Good luck, everyone!
Congrats!

So I have a dilemma. I'm coming up on the deadline to put down my first deposits, and as of now CUNY is one of the only schools I applied to that still has yet to render a decision for me. I wanted to try to limit my deposits to two schools, but if CUNY comes back with an offer of admission, I would only make one other deposit aside from CUNY.

There's no way they haven't looked at my application yet; they've had it since early January and I've been in review for a really long time. Do you think it's worth a prodding email asking what's up? The goal being to get a decision rendered this week. Or could this adversely affect me?

Rehash of my stats, 3.6/152 with military service and an impassioned PI personal statement. Prominent NYC undergrad.

A turn to other topics, is there any news on the building move to Long Island City?

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:43 am

2LT_CPG wrote:
aprilelux wrote:Notified of admission via status check this afternoon. My application went complete the first week of Feb and went under review 2/24. 156/ 3.96, in-state. Good luck, everyone!
Congrats!

So I have a dilemma. I'm coming up on the deadline to put down my first deposits, and as of now CUNY is one of the only schools I applied to that still has yet to render a decision for me. I wanted to try to limit my deposits to two schools, but if CUNY comes back with an offer of admission, I would only make one other deposit aside from CUNY.

There's no way they haven't looked at my application yet; they've had it since early January and I've been in review for a really long time. Do you think it's worth a prodding email asking what's up? The goal being to get a decision rendered this week. Or could this adversely affect me?

Rehash of my stats, 3.6/152 with military service and an impassioned PI personal statement. Prominent NYC undergrad.

A turn to other topics, is there any news on the building move to Long Island City?
E-mail them letting them know about other deposit deadlines.

What type of news for the new building are you looking for? They should be there in the fall

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

2LT_CPG

Bronze

Post by 2LT_CPG » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 am

Just curious to see if they're on track to finish on time. The one big gripe I had when I visited was the substandard facilities, which would be more or less mollified if the move happens before we get there. Other schools I've gotten into/visited like SLU are having issues with their moves into new facilities and the uncertainty is cause for concern.

Also I'd still really like to see photos of the place. If anyone's in the NYC area and snaps a few cell phone shots of it and posts them here, I'd be appreciative.

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:04 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:Just curious to see if they're on track to finish on time. The one big gripe I had when I visited was the substandard facilities, which would be more or less mollified if the move happens before we get there. Other schools I've gotten into/visited like SLU are having issues with their moves into new facilities and the uncertainty is cause for concern.

Also I'd still really like to see photos of the place. If anyone's in the NYC area and snaps a few cell phone shots of it and posts them here, I'd be appreciative.
I believe it just looks like a somewhat modern office building. It used to house citibank corporate offices, I believe. They are slated to move in the next few months and I think its on schedule.

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:46 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:Just curious to see if they're on track to finish on time. The one big gripe I had when I visited was the substandard facilities, which would be more or less mollified if the move happens before we get there. Other schools I've gotten into/visited like SLU are having issues with their moves into new facilities and the uncertainty is cause for concern.

Everyone seems to be optimistic that we'll be moving over memorial day. I'm thinking it's gonna happen based on what I've been hearing around here.

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:47 pm

And btw, did anyone go the admitted students day on Friday?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”