UC Davis c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shawn123
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby shawn123 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:42 pm

any more news out there from among the waitlisted?

michelada
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby michelada » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I reconfirmed (for the third time) after the latest email from admissions. This is the final round!

Please post if you get off the waitlist. I'm curious to know when they start notifying people....in case I'm not one of those chosen few. ;-)

User avatar
padawanphil
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby padawanphil » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 pm

michelada wrote:I reconfirmed (for the third time) after the latest email from admissions. This is the final round!

Please post if you get off the waitlist. I'm curious to know when they start notifying people....in case I'm not one of those chosen few. ;-)

Got in after reconfirming the 2nd time. Decided not to go. Not posting to be a dick, just cause you asked

shawn123
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby shawn123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:16 pm

yes, same here, reconfirmed after 3rd request on friday 7/13. haven't seen any posts yet from people taken off, so who knows where they are in the process

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby splitbrain » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:19 pm

That 3rd reconfirmation was kinda weird.

melanne89
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby melanne89 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 pm

splitbrain wrote:That 3rd reconfirmation was kinda weird.



Agreed. I'm assuming that means they are expecting to take at least one more person off of the waitlist though.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby splitbrain » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am

melanne89 wrote:
splitbrain wrote:That 3rd reconfirmation was kinda weird.



Agreed. I'm assuming that means they are expecting to take at least one more person off of the waitlist though.

I just didn't like how I get an e-mail Friday night and have to reply by 8:00 AM Monday morning saying that if I get in, I will immediately accept...

GoUBears
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby GoUBears » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 am

splitbrain wrote:
melanne89 wrote:
splitbrain wrote:That 3rd reconfirmation was kinda weird.



Agreed. I'm assuming that means they are expecting to take at least one more person off of the waitlist though.

I just didn't like how I get an e-mail Friday night and have to reply by 8:00 AM Monday morning saying that if I get in, I will immediately accept...


Agreed. I was out of town with no Internet access over the weekend. Got the email after the "deadline" had already passed. I reconfirmed but may have missed the boat. What a strange process this has been!

shawn123
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby shawn123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm

GoUBears wrote:
splitbrain wrote:
melanne89 wrote:
splitbrain wrote:That 3rd reconfirmation was kinda weird.



Agreed. I'm assuming that means they are expecting to take at least one more person off of the waitlist though.

I just didn't like how I get an e-mail Friday night and have to reply by 8:00 AM Monday morning saying that if I get in, I will immediately accept...


Agreed. I was out of town with no Internet access over the weekend. Got the email after the "deadline" had already passed. I reconfirmed but may have missed the boat. What a strange process this has been!


...think it's been a weird cycle all around; probably because of the drop in apps this year, the admissions dean at (bay area school) said schools are "poaching" from each other this year... anyone gotten a call/email/status checker saying you're in yet?

petite chouette
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby petite chouette » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Anyone been taken off the WL since the 3rd reconfirmation email?

shawn123
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby shawn123 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm

petite chouette wrote:Anyone been taken off the WL since the 3rd reconfirmation email?


not me as of today 7/23. haven't seen anyone indicate they have here, or on any other sites..

michelada
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby michelada » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.

User avatar
padawanphil
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby padawanphil » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:23 pm

michelada wrote:Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.

Pretty sure they've got money to offer so don't sweat it. When I got in off the WL they offered me 35k, which I found kinda ridiculous seeing as how there were surely people that got outright accepted with better numbers that they didn't offer much of anything. Best of luck to ya!

michelada
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby michelada » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

padawanphil wrote:
michelada wrote:Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.

Pretty sure they've got money to offer so don't sweat it. When I got in off the WL they offered me 35k, which I found kinda ridiculous seeing as how there were surely people that got outright accepted with better numbers that they didn't offer much of anything. Best of luck to ya!



Seriously?! Wow. That gives me so much hope. I can hardly wait for 6pm to see what they've offered.

Thanks!!!

petite chouette
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby petite chouette » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 pm

michelada wrote:Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.



OMG it happened!!! I'm so jealous lol but really happy for you! :D

melanne89
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby melanne89 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 pm

michelada wrote:Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.



Did you get an email or did your status checker change?

michelada
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby michelada » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 pm

melanne89 wrote:
michelada wrote:Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.



Did you get an email or did your status checker change?


Email. Then the status checker changed at 6pm.

But I went from super elated to absolutely miserable. I received no scholarship $$. They calculated my contribution at $30K per year out of pocket. :-( How would anyone do that if they have no income??

I've waited for this moment since last fall, and now it seems like my UCD dreams are over anyway.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!! It can still happen for you.

melanne89
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby melanne89 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 pm

michelada wrote:
melanne89 wrote:
michelada wrote:Just got accepted via email. I have 24 hours to decide, and I will be notified of financial aid after 6pm.

Ahhhh!!!!! So excited but nervous. I'm pretty sure I can't go if I don't get a substantial scholarship.

Yay!!! I had completely given up hope, but it's finally happening.



Did you get an email or did your status checker change?


Email. Then the status checker changed at 6pm.

But I went from super elated to absolutely miserable. I received no scholarship $$. They calculated my contribution at $30K per year out of pocket. :-( How would anyone do that if they have no income??

I've waited for this moment since last fall, and now it seems like my UCD dreams are over anyway.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!! It can still happen for you.



That doesn't make any sense. Call financial aid first thing tomorrow morning. They should be able to offer you a grad plus and/or stafford loan to cover that. Every law school I've heard of offers cost of living and tuition at least through loans, maybe not scholarships, but loans. I don't know if you're ok with attending law school on loans alone, but financial aid may be able to give you that option or direct you to private loan options (Sallie Mae, banks etc...).

Good luck speaking with financial aid, I'm sending you positive vibes and hope it works out for you!

melanne89
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby melanne89 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 am

Anyone else on here still seriously waiting out the waitlist? I am, but I'm starting to freak out the closer it gets to classes starting. I would love to go to UC Davis, but I am running out of time. I have put a deposit at Pepperdine and I start my apt lease near Pepperdine on August 11th (with a roommate, which makes it even more stressful; I couldn't afford to live by myself). I spoke with admissions today and they said they DO intend to still keep taking people off of the waitlist over the next two weeks.

And even assuming by pure luck one of us gets off the waitlist, that leaves about 1 week to find housing, finalize financial aid, and move.

I am in Southern California, only been to northern CA twice and have only driven by UC Davis, so the idea of finding housing under that time pressure scares me to death.


Anyone else sharing my concerns/ thought? I'd love to hear what all of you are thinking about the possibility of getting off the waitlist so close to school starting.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Nammertat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am

melanne89 wrote:Anyone else on here still seriously waiting out the waitlist? I am, but I'm starting to freak out the closer it gets to classes starting. I would love to go to UC Davis, but I am running out of time. I have put a deposit at Pepperdine and I start my apt lease near Pepperdine on August 11th (with a roommate, which makes it even more stressful; I couldn't afford to live by myself). I spoke with admissions today and they said they DO intend to still keep taking people off of the waitlist over the next two weeks.

And even assuming by pure luck one of us gets off the waitlist, that leaves about 1 week to find housing, finalize financial aid, and move.

I am in Southern California, only been to northern CA twice and have only driven by UC Davis, so the idea of finding housing under that time pressure scares me to death.


Anyone else sharing my concerns/ thought? I'd love to hear what all of you are thinking about the possibility of getting off the waitlist so close to school starting.


Withdrew today with $$$$$$$. Good luck everyone still waiting!

LD123
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby LD123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Just got off the wait list!

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Nammertat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm

LD123 wrote:Just got off the wait list!


I'd assume this is in response to my withdrawal yesterday. DEFINITELY ask for money. I had 120k freed up. Congrats!

shawn123
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby shawn123 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

hey melanne, sent you a PM. I'm still waiting.. I think chances are slim at this point, but also think this is an odd year for admissions, probably still be pulling off the WL to a greater extent this late in the game compared to previous years

karanach
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby karanach » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:32 am

If you get in and decide you want to move to Davis, the Motel 6 rents rooms out for like 250 bucks a week, in case you just need to buy yourself some extra time to get a place. I also had good luck subleasing through the month of August before my permanent lease starts in September; at Davis, the law school is on the semester system but the undergraduate college in on quarters, so the property managers tend to try to run year-long leases on the undergraduate schedule (Sept-Sept) as opposed to an August-August, and people seem to be trying to get out of the last few months of their leases all the time. If you choose to come, I'll look forward to seeing you!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests