UC Davis c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 pm

equinebeing wrote:
Nope, no phone calls. Is that bad? I guess they probably sent out more than one decision letter, so...


I don't think Davis mails out rejections (usually just comes over email) so maybe the fact that they told you you're getting mail is a good sign?

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can find anything out. This is kind of frustrating since Davis really is a top choice for me.


ooooo, really?

I was just wondering if Davis mails out rejection letters because I did not get an email.
It says on the status check page my status is last updated 4/21 but due to technical error I am still seeing "under evaluation."

I know, I just cannot concentrate on my work now.
wish they'd resolve this "technical" issue so I can check my status online!

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 am

Hi all-
Can someone clarify what the web cite issue is? I myself could log on but I do not see a date for when I went into review. I do know its been a while though. I also have to go to a different page to see my complete date. Finally on the Status checker after I log in the the Intro page says admissions session 2010-2011. Should I be concerned? I think I'll call on Thursday as well. Thanks and Good luck.

plaid
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby plaid » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 am

Airallie wrote:Finally on the Status checker after I log in the the Intro page says admissions session 2010-2011. Should I be concerned?


Davis' website is littered with date errors such as that one. It's not just on the admissions side. I wouldn't be worried, as I see the same error when I log in.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Geneva » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 am

i had a date error. i wouldnt worry about it.

equinebeing
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby equinebeing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:51 am

yeah like I said over private message to someone else, I got dinged by Davis last year and I didn't receive a snail mail rejection letter. Just the pdf and an email afterwards. Take that for what it's worth!

mrjohnsterman
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby mrjohnsterman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Site has been updated. I just got accepted, applied late Jan.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5680
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby BVest » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:55 pm

mrjohnsterman wrote:Site has been updated. I just got accepted, applied late Jan.


Congrats!

I got an update as well: Waitlist. Also applied late Jan.

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Rejected! I applied late January went complete Feb.

danzaroo
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby danzaroo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Waitlist. Applied mid Jan, complete early Feb. Hope something opens up.

Heretofore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Heretofore » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Waitlist

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5680
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby BVest » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Love these from the Waitlist Letter:

All available information is included in this letter.


Please don't call

If, by August 19, it appears unlikely that you will be offered admission for Fall 2012, you will be so advised.


Since school starts on Aug 20, it seems like it would be clear you're not attending if you haven't heard by Aug 19.

Please do not panic as the weeks pass.


... and carry a towel.

VivaLaGrassa
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby VivaLaGrassa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Is there a wait list thread anywhere?

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby aliceydu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:59 am

Davis has 2 deposit deadlines, the first one due 4/15 for those admitted before 3/25, and another one due 6/15. I was accepted before March 25, but I missed the first deposit deadline. BUT I was able to make both deposits just now (total of $750).

Does that mean I'm officially in? I'm scared that missing the first deposit = I forfeit my seat! That can't happen right? Since they already got my money?! D:

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby tadlbb » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:58 am

hanman wrote:
Beachbum89 wrote:So I emailed admissions again today about scholarships. I simply asked if they were still awarding them and that a scholarship from Davis would make my decision easier because of offers from a few other schools. I already put down a deposit right at the deadline but mentioned I was still considering the other schools. This evening I got an email from the Dean notifying me that I've been awarded a scholarship for $11k per year which makes this (combined with the 14k need-based grant) a much better offer than either Hastings (17.5k a year) or Irvine (8k per year). So they are still awarding scholarships but be persistent because I think my email had something to do with it!


Exact same story here. Sent a curt email at 6 pm saying I was putting another deposit down tomorrow and could not deposit at Davis without scholarship info. Got an email at 8 pm ... 16k scholly which brings total aid to 30k a year ... Wow


A.) I realize I'm a few days late to the game on this one.
B.) I'm very happy for you both and congratulations.
C.) This is hugely disappointing for me. I'm above both 75ths, was admitted a few weeks ago and paid my deposit because it is my best option, financial aid or not. Do I not get merit aid--despite being statistically qualified and receiving money from peer schools--because I didn't bug them enough about it? (This is not a reflection on you guys, good for you for taking the initiative). Davis has absolutely underwhelmed me with its admissions office and it actually makes me sad that this mess is where I've chosen to go.

aellio26
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby aellio26 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 pm

waitlisted

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby aliceydu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:06 am

aliceydu wrote:Davis has 2 deposit deadlines, the first one due 4/15 for those admitted before 3/25, and another one due 6/15. I was accepted before March 25, but I missed the first deposit deadline. BUT I was able to make both deposits just now (total of $750).

Does that mean I'm officially in? I'm scared that missing the first deposit = I forfeit my seat! That can't happen right? Since they already got my money?! D:


Okay, in case anyone wants to know: I'm safe. YAY!

baconcausescancer
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby baconcausescancer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Just asked for merit-based aid, got a near-immediate response ignoring the request for merit aid and telling me to submit my Need Access application... 2 months after it was due.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 pm

baconcausescancer wrote:Just asked for merit-based aid, got a near-immediate response ignoring the request for merit aid and telling me to submit my Need Access application... 2 months after it was due.

--ImageRemoved--


Send in your need access. It's not too late.

They give merit aid based on the amount of need aid you have, so you won't be considered for merit until after you get need.

baconcausescancer
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby baconcausescancer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
baconcausescancer wrote:Just asked for merit-based aid, got a near-immediate response ignoring the request for merit aid and telling me to submit my Need Access application... 2 months after it was due.

--ImageRemoved--


Send in your need access. It's not too late.

They give merit aid based on the amount of need aid you have, so you won't be considered for merit until after you get need.


Ooo thank you I didn't know that.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5680
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby BVest » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:09 pm

baconcausescancer wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:
baconcausescancer wrote:Just asked for merit-based aid, got a near-immediate response ignoring the request for merit aid and telling me to submit my Need Access application... 2 months after it was due.

--ImageRemoved--


Send in your need access. It's not too late.

They give merit aid based on the amount of need aid you have, so you won't be considered for merit until after you get need.


Ooo thank you I didn't know that.


Seriously? There are some folks who will not qualify for need aid and know it, thus have no intention of submitting such information.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:48 pm

They don't have enough merit money to give out to be able to give competitive scholarships to people without need. My impression is that if you have good numbers and don't qualify for aid, you should probably go to a different school.

That said, their need aid is very generous and given out very liberally. Apply.

skitlets
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby skitlets » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:50 pm

Ugh, this whole process with Davis has been painful.

I was informed that my seat was withdrawn. I never heard if I received financial aid. I find out I do have an award but I cannot access it because I was removed from the admitted student list. Will have to wait until tomorrow and will have to decide by the end of the day.

Never heard anything else from Davis after the admitted student weekend email. No deposit info, no financial aid info, no admitted student access, nothing.

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby aliceydu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:01 pm

skitlets wrote:Ugh, this whole process with Davis has been painful.

I was informed that my seat was withdrawn. I never heard if I received financial aid. I find out I do have an award but I cannot access it because I was removed from the admitted student list. Will have to wait until tomorrow and will have to decide by the end of the day.

Never heard anything else from Davis after the admitted student weekend email. No deposit info, no financial aid info, no admitted student access, nothing.



Did you know that everything you mentioned is online? Sign in to your account and everything is there.

skitlets
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby skitlets » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm

aliceydu wrote:
skitlets wrote:Ugh, this whole process with Davis has been painful.

I was informed that my seat was withdrawn. I never heard if I received financial aid. I find out I do have an award but I cannot access it because I was removed from the admitted student list. Will have to wait until tomorrow and will have to decide by the end of the day.

Never heard anything else from Davis after the admitted student weekend email. No deposit info, no financial aid info, no admitted student access, nothing.



Did you know that everything you mentioned is online? Sign in to your account and everything is there.


I was never emailed with my student ID or instructions on how to create an account. I literally never heard a single thing from UCD. Just blindly guessed that my student ID is my SSN and I was correct.

User avatar
onedavetoomany
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby onedavetoomany » Tue May 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Just received an e-mail update... The status checker says I'm in!!!!

(I was originally waitlisted on 4/18)

Can we check financial aid right away or do they e-mail info?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende and 4 guests