UC Davis c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm

I really thought today would be the day. I also had fingers crossed. Oddly, I heard from another school today. They had said, I'd here nothing till a couple weeks from now. Strange how things work. I hope the fact that I and others still wait is indicative of good news.

equinebeing
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby equinebeing » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 pm

yeah, I really thought I'd hear today too :(

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Beachbum89 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Any news on scholarships? I'd like to think I'll get one since I got one from UCI and Hastings but who knows?

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Decimal » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:31 am

Beachbum89 wrote:Any news on scholarships? I'd like to think I'll get one since I got one from UCI and Hastings but who knows?


http://financialaid.ucdavis.edu/MyAwards/

You have to register for a Davis ID first but that's where the information is.

butifuldisastr
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby butifuldisastr » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Still haven't heard anything regarding merit scholarships over here :(

Is there a facebook group or anything of the sort to discuss housing options? I'm on the search for an apartment but not sure where the "best" area to live in Davis is...

equinebeing
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby equinebeing » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:20 pm

butifuldisastr wrote:Still haven't heard anything regarding merit scholarships over here :(

Is there a facebook group or anything of the sort to discuss housing options? I'm on the search for an apartment but not sure where the "best" area to live in Davis is...



Hey I did my undergraduate at Davis. I found http://daviswiki.org/Apartments to be an excellent source of information as far as apartments. Did you have any specific questions? Maybe I could answer them? It really depends on what your looking for as far as what the "best" area is.

lawguyjake
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby lawguyjake » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 pm

It appears that a handful of people on LSN have received scholarships. Has anyone contacted the Admissions Office lately? I feel like they are getting tired of hearing for me. I hope they don't mistake my persistence as annoying...

User avatar
CheeSauce
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby CheeSauce » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:07 am

butifuldisastr wrote:Is there a facebook group or anything of the sort to discuss housing options? I'm on the search for an apartment but not sure where the "best" area to live in Davis is...


I found this group on facebook for UC Davis Law Class of 2015. I haven't joined it yet but it seems like there are a lot of current students in it that are answering questions: http://www.facebook.com/groups/206775789429601/

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby hanman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:11 pm

i emailed the dean last monday to ask about merit scholarships and mentioned my other scholarships. i made it clear that i would not be able to deposit by my deadline (this friday) unless i knew my true cost of attendance. she finally emailed me back yesterday promising to get back to me about scholarship availability by yesterday evening or this morning. no word as of yet. this late in the game, i think its okay to email/call and ask upfront about merit $$.

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby xiaojimu » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:14 pm

still under evaluation...

bingbang1025
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby bingbang1025 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Just thought I'd get this rant out of my system, hope someone at UCD is reading this.

I applied to 10 schools this cycle, and none, and I emphasize NONE, handled their admissions as poorly as UCD. I don't know what's going on internally at Davis but they really need to re-evaluate how they run their admissions cycle. First, they didn't let in numerous clear-admits until mid-late march. Second, they have a generally rude staff who aren't very willing to help.

third, they STILL haven't spit out scholarship news to most admitted students. How can i consider them an option when 3 of their peer schools accepted me in January and have already given me aid? It's ridiculous.

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby hanman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 pm

bingbang1025 wrote:Just thought I'd get this rant out of my system, hope someone at UCD is reading this.

I applied to 10 schools this cycle, and none, and I emphasize NONE, handled their admissions as poorly as UCD. I don't know what's going on internally at Davis but they really need to re-evaluate how they run their admissions cycle. First, they didn't let in numerous clear-admits until mid-late march. Second, they have a generally rude staff who aren't very willing to help.

third, they STILL haven't spit out scholarship news to most admitted students. How can i consider them an option when 3 of their peer schools accepted me in January and have already given me aid? It's ridiculous.


YES. i'm really annoyed with their inefficient and unprofessional admissions process. i applied to 11 other schools and Davis' process has been exponentially more tiresome and slow than any others...also davis was the first school i applied to and schools i applied to nearly a month later have gotten back to me with decisions + scholarship info much earlier. the Dean told me yesterday morning that she would have something for me monday night or tuesday morning. her email came one week after my email to her ... and of course, its tuesday evening and radio silence from davis.

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I fell your annoyance! I am still in review. I got responses from schools I applied to 2 moths later. When I called they said that last week would be the week. I am waiting to hear from 3 others schools not including Davis as well a wait list situation. Davis and another school are taking by far the longest. I would not be surprised if I head from the school I applied to on 4/1 before hearing from the two schools above. Stay strong u all.

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Decimal » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah, I don't know exactly what's going on over there but someone posted a few pages back about the admissions office being understaffed. Hope your decisions are rendered soon. I didn't get mine until last week.

noogooyen
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:04 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby noogooyen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 am

UCD took a break today apparently. They haven't updated since the weekend.

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Beachbum89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 am

So I emailed admissions again today about scholarships. I simply asked if they were still awarding them and that a scholarship from Davis would make my decision easier because of offers from a few other schools. I already put down a deposit right at the deadline but mentioned I was still considering the other schools. This evening I got an email from the Dean notifying me that I've been awarded a scholarship for $11k per year which makes this (combined with the 14k need-based grant) a much better offer than either Hastings (17.5k a year) or Irvine (8k per year). So they are still awarding scholarships but be persistent because I think my email had something to do with it!

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby hanman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 am

Beachbum89 wrote:So I emailed admissions again today about scholarships. I simply asked if they were still awarding them and that a scholarship from Davis would make my decision easier because of offers from a few other schools. I already put down a deposit right at the deadline but mentioned I was still considering the other schools. This evening I got an email from the Dean notifying me that I've been awarded a scholarship for $11k per year which makes this (combined with the 14k need-based grant) a much better offer than either Hastings (17.5k a year) or Irvine (8k per year). So they are still awarding scholarships but be persistent because I think my email had something to do with it!


Exact same story here. Sent a curt email at 6 pm saying I was putting another deposit down tomorrow and could not deposit at Davis without scholarship info. Got an email at 8 pm ... 16k scholly which brings total aid to 30k a year ... Wow

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:34 pm

just emailed admissions again and heard back that they are experiencing problems with their website and cannot update the status online for some time, but my decision letter is sent out today.

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm

xiaojimu wrote:just emailed admissions again and heard back that they are experiencing problems with their website and cannot update the status online for some time, but my decision letter is sent out today.

Thanks for the info. Did they say anything about timing for the others still waiting? Also did they give you your decision over the phone? Again thank you.

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Airallie wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:just emailed admissions again and heard back that they are experiencing problems with their website and cannot update the status online for some time, but my decision letter is sent out today.

Thanks for the info. Did they say anything about timing for the others still waiting? Also did they give you your decision over the phone? Again thank you.


Nope, no phone calls. Is that bad? I guess they probably sent out more than one decision letter, so...

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:09 pm

xiaojimu wrote:
Airallie wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:just emailed admissions again and heard back that they are experiencing problems with their website and cannot update the status online for some time, but my decision letter is sent out today.

Thanks for the info. Did they say anything about timing for the others still waiting? Also did they give you your decision over the phone? Again thank you.


Nope, no phone calls. Is that bad? I guess they probably sent out more than one decision letter, so...


Sorry I am still waiting for a decision. What I am asking is will they give the admissions decision over the phone on the account of their web cite being broken? According to pages I found a while back they send out a letter via snail mail and if their web cite worked you would also see a PDF copy. Also when did you apply and what are your GPA/LSAT stats if you don't mind telling us all?

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Airallie wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:
Airallie wrote:
xiaojimu wrote:just emailed admissions again and heard back that they are experiencing problems with their website and cannot update the status online for some time, but my decision letter is sent out today.

Thanks for the info. Did they say anything about timing for the others still waiting? Also did they give you your decision over the phone? Again thank you.


Nope, no phone calls. Is that bad? I guess they probably sent out more than one decision letter, so...


Sorry I am still waiting for a decision. What I am asking is will they give the admissions decision over the phone on the account of their web cite being broken? According to pages I found a while back they send out a letter via snail mail and if their web cite worked you would also see a PDF copy. Also when did you apply and what are your GPA/LSAT stats if you don't mind telling us all?


I don't know, they didn't say so in the mail.
I applied in late January.

Airallie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Airallie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Thanks I also applied in late Jan but did not go complete till 2/8.

I don't know, they didn't say so in the mail.
I applied in late January.[/quote]

User avatar
xiaojimu
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby xiaojimu » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Airallie wrote:Thanks I also applied in late Jan but did not go complete till 2/8.

I don't know, they didn't say so in the mail.
I applied in late January.
[/quote]

good luck mate!
guess we'll have to wait till tmr to find out.

equinebeing
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:21 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby equinebeing » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Nope, no phone calls. Is that bad? I guess they probably sent out more than one decision letter, so...


I don't think Davis mails out rejections (usually just comes over email) so maybe the fact that they told you you're getting mail is a good sign?

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if I can find anything out. This is kind of frustrating since Davis really is a top choice for me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Exabot [Bot], Ferrisjso, Google Adsense [Bot], JazzyMac and 8 guests