UC Davis c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SDPalmTree
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby SDPalmTree » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:01 pm

So apparently they're awarding me 68k... in loans.

Wow, real generous there Davis. Making my decision easier like that.

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby hanman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Decimal wrote:
steepair wrote:holy hell...received $25,000 in need-based grants! seriously was not expecting that. not really expecting much, if anything, in merit-based aid since i'm below their medians for LSAT and GPA.


That's fantastic! Congrats!

At long last, my application is finally "Evaluation in Progress" 4/3.


Same here! Finally updated in the last 30 minutes. fingers crossed. good luck to you too!

User avatar
USMCMatt
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:20 pm

hanman wrote:
Decimal wrote:
steepair wrote:holy hell...received $25,000 in need-based grants! seriously was not expecting that. not really expecting much, if anything, in merit-based aid since i'm below their medians for LSAT and GPA.


That's fantastic! Congrats!

At long last, my application is finally "Evaluation in Progress" 4/3.


Same here! Finally updated in the last 30 minutes. fingers crossed. good luck to you too!



Finally me three!!

User avatar
odetojefferson
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby odetojefferson » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:43 pm

USMCMatt wrote:
hanman wrote:
Decimal wrote:
steepair wrote:holy hell...received $25,000 in need-based grants! seriously was not expecting that. not really expecting much, if anything, in merit-based aid since i'm below their medians for LSAT and GPA.


That's fantastic! Congrats!

At long last, my application is finally "Evaluation in Progress" 4/3.


Same here! Finally updated in the last 30 minutes. fingers crossed. good luck to you too!



Finally me three!!


+4!

User avatar
3toilettiers
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby 3toilettiers » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 pm

I just got the invitation to ASW by email. However, like other posters here I have not received an acceptance yet and my application is still under eval. Lawl school.

Update:

I visited the status check and my application has now gone from Under Evaluation to Received status! Their line was busy so I'll be trying again later. I'm leaning really hard to sending off a deposit elsewhere now. Interesting cycle. Some schools have been incredibly responsive and informative but the Cali schools have so far been below 25th percentile on my personal Law School Admissions Admissions Test (LSAAT).

User avatar
SDPalmTree
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby SDPalmTree » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:15 pm

3toilettiers wrote:the Cali schools have so far been below 25th percentile on my personal Law School Admissions Admissions Test (LSAAT).


I hear you there. I'm still waiting on USC. Although I should probably go check it right now...

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Decimal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 pm

SDPalmTree wrote:
3toilettiers wrote:the Cali schools have so far been below 25th percentile on my personal Law School Admissions Admissions Test (LSAAT).


I hear you there. I'm still waiting on USC. Although I should probably go check it right now...


+1 Also waiting on USC. At least Davis has shown more progress in less time. :P

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Beachbum89 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Anybody hear anything about scholarships? It's down to Davis and Irvine right now and a scholarship from Davis would probably send me there.

User avatar
SDPalmTree
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby SDPalmTree » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Beachbum89 wrote:Anybody hear anything about scholarships? It's down to Davis and Irvine right now and a scholarship from Davis would probably send me there.


Merit $$ is supposed to be coming out this week, but Davis hasn't exactly been fast this year so...

User avatar
onedavetoomany
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby onedavetoomany » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Decimal wrote:
SDPalmTree wrote:
3toilettiers wrote:the Cali schools have so far been below 25th percentile on my personal Law School Admissions Admissions Test (LSAAT).


I hear you there. I'm still waiting on USC. Although I should probably go check it right now...


+1 Also waiting on USC. At least Davis has shown more progress in less time. :P


+2

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Beachbum89 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 pm

SDPalmTree wrote:
Beachbum89 wrote:Anybody hear anything about scholarships? It's down to Davis and Irvine right now and a scholarship from Davis would probably send me there.


Merit $$ is supposed to be coming out this week, but Davis hasn't exactly been fast this year so...


Ok cool. Is this from the admissions office? Would be nice to know whether I'm getting any or not before their deposit deadline. Thanks for the info!!!

User avatar
SDPalmTree
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby SDPalmTree » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:40 pm

No matter what, they should have it before the deposit deadline, otherwise people will simply not go. I know I wouldn't.

User avatar
Gavel
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Gavel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:44 pm

got rejected today. oh well

petite chouette
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby petite chouette » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Just got waitlisted :/ So close yet so far..

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby whatismylife » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:09 am

I applied to this school in November and have been on "evaluation in progress" for literally 3 months.

Give me my damn decision already!

lawgirl821
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby lawgirl821 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

I've been complete since 1/25 (submitted 1/5) and STILL "evaluation in progress"

Are there still many of us in a similar boat?

This is a bit ridiculous, I've heard from all my other schools except UCD and USC! :x

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby hanman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 pm

lawgirl821 wrote:I've been complete since 1/25 (submitted 1/5) and STILL "evaluation in progress"

Are there still many of us in a similar boat?

This is a bit ridiculous, I've heard from all my other schools except UCD and USC! :x


I submitted 1/8 and just went to "Evaluation in Progress" yesterday....ridiculous! i have heard back from 10 other schools that I applied to AFTER UC-D. Before this painfully drawn out process, I would have 100% gone to Davis as my husband works there but now...I am mentally/emotionally prepared to go elsewhere...so even if I (am lucky and) get accepted, I really don't feel the positive vibes towards D anymore.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

While I am shocked that I was even accepted with my scores and thrilled to have the opportunity to attend....I am going to WD from UC-Davis. Being out of state and seeing the aid I received just makes attending there not an option. I hope my spot goes quickly to someone who is waiting and would love to attend and be able to do so.

nikenike23
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby nikenike23 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 am

ok i'm confused

so i filled out the need access and the fafsa and received information about a need based grant from uc davis a week or so later....

now what about merit aid? reading this i understood that that would be made available april 2? is that true? i did not see any merit scholarships when i logged into my uc davis account thing..does that mean they did not give me anything? or will they be letting us know later?

just worried because i am really interested in the school but going without some sort of merit scholarship to complement the grant i got would be out of the question..and the deposit date is approaching!

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5701
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby BVest » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:42 am

odetojefferson wrote:
USMCMatt wrote:
hanman wrote:
Decimal wrote:At long last, my application is finally "Evaluation in Progress" 4/3.
Same here! Finally updated in the last 30 minutes. fingers crossed. good luck to you too!
Finally me three!!
+4!

+5

bruinsfan4
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby bruinsfan4 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 am

nikenike23 wrote:ok i'm confused

so i filled out the need access and the fafsa and received information about a need based grant from uc davis a week or so later....

now what about merit aid? reading this i understood that that would be made available april 2? is that true? i did not see any merit scholarships when i logged into my uc davis account thing..does that mean they did not give me anything? or will they be letting us know later?

just worried because i am really interested in the school but going without some sort of merit scholarship to complement the grant i got would be out of the question..and the deposit date is approaching!


So what you received after filling out fafsa and need access was an estimate of what you would be awarded (need-based). On April 2nd, this award became official and available. They will be sending out merit scholarships via e-mail. I talked to the admission office yesterday and they said (hopefully) they will have them out by next week, althought they had planned for mid-March so who knows.

ohcanada
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby ohcanada » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAARG Really want this merit thing to come out

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

i just remembered that i applied to this school a little over 2 months ago. i got a status checker but haven't gotten a decision. anyone else in the same boat?

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby woeisme » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am

Geneva wrote:i just remembered that i applied to this school a little over 2 months ago. i got a status checker but haven't gotten a decision. anyone else in the same boat?


Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people also forgot that they applied to this school. Actually, this is entirely possible, but it always amuses me when people forget where they have applied.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Geneva » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm

woeisme wrote:
Geneva wrote:i just remembered that i applied to this school a little over 2 months ago. i got a status checker but haven't gotten a decision. anyone else in the same boat?


Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people also forgot that they applied to this school. Actually, this is entirely possible, but it always amuses me when people forget where they have applied.


haha, i had no idea how my cycle would go so i went a bit overboard. is davis notoriously slow or am i one of the only people left waiting? next week i'll actually be flying to california from the east coast to visit 3 other schools...any idea when i should expect to hear back?
this kind of reminds me of how i hadn't heard back from boston college in time to swing by when i went to boston university's asw even though i applied to bc earlier in the cycle. by the time bc accepted me (3/27), i had kinda moved on...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”