UC Davis c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kokorozukai
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:00 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby kokorozukai » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:58 pm

But ya, thax for clarifying. Didn't mean to be misleading. I figure most prospective students look at law school transparency and understand the data.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 pm

kokorozukai wrote:But ya, thax for clarifying. Didn't mean to be misleading. I figure most prospective students look at law school transparency and understand the data.


I think you're being optimistic.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby splitbrain » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:14 pm

kokorozukai wrote:But ya, thax for clarifying. Didn't mean to be misleading. I figure most prospective students look at law school transparency and understand the data.


Nah I hear yah, no worries. Besides, it's not you that is being misleading. I noticed that Hastings is really a good benchmark for employment reporting.

User avatar
kokorozukai
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:00 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby kokorozukai » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
kokorozukai wrote:But ya, thax for clarifying. Didn't mean to be misleading. I figure most prospective students look at law school transparency and understand the data.


I think you're being optimistic.


lol. maybe. i cant imagine anyone taking on 100k+ debt without knowing exactly what they're getting into.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm

kokorozukai wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:
kokorozukai wrote:But ya, thax for clarifying. Didn't mean to be misleading. I figure most prospective students look at law school transparency and understand the data.


I think you're being optimistic.


lol. maybe. i cant imagine anyone taking on 100k+ debt without knowing exactly what they're getting into.


Housing bubble

User avatar
kokorozukai
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:00 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby kokorozukai » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
kokorozukai wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:
kokorozukai wrote:But ya, thax for clarifying. Didn't mean to be misleading. I figure most prospective students look at law school transparency and understand the data.


I think you're being optimistic.


lol. maybe. i cant imagine anyone taking on 100k+ debt without knowing exactly what they're getting into.


Housing bubble


hahaha, point taken

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby splitbrain » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
kokorozukai wrote:lol. maybe. i cant imagine anyone taking on 100k+ debt without knowing exactly what they're getting into.


Housing bubble

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby aliceydu » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Beachbum89 wrote:
lawguyjake wrote:
aliceydu wrote:Just got my package in the mail! If I don't see anything about them offering me $$ in there, then that means I didn't get anything?


I'm not sure. That's what I was told by Admissions, but there are plenty of people on LSN whose numbers are well above median who didn't get any scholarship money. I certainly hope this isn't the case. UC Davis is hands down my top choice, but it is way too expensive to go with just need-aid.


They seem to be pretty generous with need-based aid. I wasn't expecting to get any kind of need-based aid and got an email saying I'd likely get 13k per year in grants.


Need-based... would I be someone who is "needy" if my parents are not paying for law school, and I'm right out of college and has no job/savings?!

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Blumpbeef » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:55 pm

You're needy if your parents are poor, regardless of whether they are helping you, basically. Expected contribution is part of it but I don't think it makes much difference.

So I got my admit packet today and unfortunately it did not contain a sweaty wad of cash. Does that mean no merit aid for me? Ugh.

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby aliceydu » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:You're needy if your parents are poor, regardless of whether they are helping you, basically. Expected contribution is part of it but I don't think it makes much difference.

So I got my admit packet today and unfortunately it did not contain a sweaty wad of cash. Does that mean no merit aid for me? Ugh.


I feel like my parents' income would disqualify me as being needy... but if they're not paying... it doesn't matter how much they make! :\

can this be over?
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby can this be over? » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 pm

IN on friday :)

Submitted early November, must have been under Eval in Progress since December...but worth the wait

User avatar
diegoforlan10
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby diegoforlan10 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

can this be over? wrote:IN on friday :)

Submitted early November, must have been under Eval in Progress since December...but worth the wait


E-Mail? Snail mail? Phone call? Where are you located?

User avatar
onedavetoomany
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby onedavetoomany » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Finally "Evaluation in Progress"

Complete 1/20

can this be over?
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby can this be over? » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm

diegoforlan10 wrote:
can this be over? wrote:IN on friday :)

Submitted early November, must have been under Eval in Progress since December...but worth the wait


E-Mail? Snail mail? Phone call? Where are you located?



Im in CA, no package yet but if you click on the status page, when your status finalllly changes to "decision has been mailed" you can click on it and a PDF version of your acceptance letter shows up. Havent received an email either.

User avatar
martorem
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby martorem » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:41 pm

onedavetoomany wrote:Finally "Evaluation in Progress"

Complete 1/20


I think they forgot about me..."Awaiting Evaluation" since 12/7...

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby lrslayer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 pm

woo-hoo! finally eval in progress :)

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 am

lrslayer wrote:woo-hoo! finally eval in progress :)

Oh look at that. I'm not. But congrats for you!!

I got talked out of withdrawing this weekend, but 11/20 and still waiting to be reviewed? That's just stupid.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:38 am

lrslayer wrote:woo-hoo! finally eval in progress :)


It's just taking them a while to figure out which part of your application was the most awesome.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby lrslayer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:44 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
lrslayer wrote:woo-hoo! finally eval in progress :)

Oh look at that. I'm not. But congrats for you!!

I got talked out of withdrawing this weekend, but 11/20 and still waiting to be reviewed? That's just stupid.

thats messed up. sorry :( just for that, I punish them with a six point drop in the rankings.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 am

lrslayer wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
lrslayer wrote:woo-hoo! finally eval in progress :)

Oh look at that. I'm not. But congrats for you!!

I got talked out of withdrawing this weekend, but 11/20 and still waiting to be reviewed? That's just stupid.

thats messed up. sorry :( just for that, I punish them with a six point drop in the rankings.

Haha, I wasn't going to say it. But I'm glad you did! :lol:

Bookish
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Bookish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 am

:evil: I am thinking about resending my 2015 application and just asking them to hold it for the class of 2016. That should give them enough time to review it.

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Decimal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 am

lrslayer wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
lrslayer wrote:woo-hoo! finally eval in progress :)

Oh look at that. I'm not. But congrats for you!!

I got talked out of withdrawing this weekend, but 11/20 and still waiting to be reviewed? That's just stupid.

thats messed up. sorry :( just for that, I punish them with a six point drop in the rankings.


I found this funny...until I realized the drop in the rankings was for real. :x

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Decimal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am

Bookish wrote::evil: I am thinking about resending my 2015 application and just asking them to hold it for the class of 2016. That should give them enough time to review it.


They would just hold it until next mid-January and redo the whole process. :evil:

User avatar
3rdDan
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby 3rdDan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Over the weekend I received a Waitlist letter.
Completed back in late Nov.

Bookish
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Postby Bookish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I just realized that Davis is now dropped to 29th in the rankings :oops: and that may explain why the admissions office is so slow. They fired everyone. :shock:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”