UC Davis c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawguyjake

New

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Post by lawguyjake » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:57 pm

SDPalmTree wrote:
hanman wrote:at ASW, i asked the Dean about merit scholarships and when that information would be released. she said some had already gone out and she was working on it and hoped to send out more merit-based awards this week. she seemed to indicate all merit-based $$ would be out by end of the month...
Thanks for the info, hopefully that's some good news to another TLSer. For me, unless they manage to push out a full ride (and then some) within the next couple of hours, I can't justify spending more money on Davis. Someone more excited about Davis can have my spot.
I am excited about Davis and would gladly take any scholarship money that they would have otherwise sent your way :)

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 pm

SDPalmTree wrote:
hanman wrote:at ASW, i asked the Dean about merit scholarships and when that information would be released. she said some had already gone out and she was working on it and hoped to send out more merit-based awards this week. she seemed to indicate all merit-based $$ would be out by end of the month...
Thanks for the info, hopefully that's some good news to another TLSer. For me, unless they manage to push out a full ride (and then some) within the next couple of hours, I can't justify spending more money on Davis. Someone more excited about Davis can have my spot.
Unless you got an extension, pretty sure the deadline for deposits was yesterday.

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:12 pm

It would be really nice to get a decision this week. :|

SDPalmTree

Bronze

Post by SDPalmTree » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:Unless you got an extension, pretty sure the deadline for deposits was yesterday.
I noted this in an earlier post, but it's either the 15th or three weeks from acceptance to make the deposit - whichever is later. I was accepted exactly three weeks ago today.

aliceydu

Bronze

Post by aliceydu » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm

FUDGE MY LIFE! I didn't see that the deposit becomes $500 after 4/15! ARGHHHHH. WHYYYYYY. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kokorozukai

New

Post by kokorozukai » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:44 pm

aliceydu wrote:FUDGE MY LIFE! I didn't see that the deposit becomes $500 after 4/15! ARGHHHHH. WHYYYYYY. :(
Relaaaxxx...if you plan on going, you get it all back anyways (assuming you plan on going since it's pretty late in the game).

lawgirl821

New

Post by lawgirl821 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 pm

How am I still "Evaluation in Progress"?! Same status for months! Anyone else still left?

Decimal

New

Post by Decimal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:08 pm

I thought this day would never come but I went from EIP to Decision has been mailed.

I check the unofficial letter pdf dated April 16, 2012.

I scroll down to read:
"The enclosures provide instructions on how to register. Please respond to the offer of admission by April 15, 2012."

...I feel so wanted. ._.

Airallie

New

Post by Airallie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi-
Can
Decimal wrote:
Decimal wrote:I thought this day would never come but I went from EIP to Decision has been mailed.

I check the unofficial letter pdf dated April 16, 2012.

I scroll down to read:
"The enclosures provide instructions on how to register. Please respond to the offer of admission by April 15, 2012."

...I feel so wanted. ._.
Can you give us your complete and EIP dates. Also what time did your status update. If PPL could provide this info and if they so choose their LSAT/GPA #'s it would be nice. In all honesty I may not give my own #' so I understand if others don't want to either. Just trying to get some idea for myself and others still in EIP. Thanks & good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 pm

lawgirl821 wrote:How am I still "Evaluation in Progress"?! Same status for months! Anyone else still left?
I'm also still waiting...

Decimal

New

Post by Decimal » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Airallie wrote:Can you give us your complete and EIP dates. Also what time did your status update. If PPL could provide this info and if they so choose their LSAT/GPA #'s it would be nice. In all honesty I may not give my own #' so I understand if others don't want to either. Just trying to get some idea for myself and others still in EIP. Thanks & good luck.
Complete 1/24, EIP 4/3. Status always updates at 6:00pm Pacific time. Stats aren't too impressive (3.8/163) which may explain why Davis held off rendering a decision for so long. Good luck to those still waiting!

Airallie

New

Post by Airallie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 am

I called admissions today and was told this week and next should bring the majority of remaining decisions.

Ubermaus

New

Post by Ubermaus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am

That's what they told lrslayer last week. :|

I remember being really excited about going EIP ... 2 months ago ...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 am

aliceydu wrote:FUDGE MY LIFE! I didn't see that the deposit becomes $500 after 4/15! ARGHHHHH. WHYYYYYY. :(
You did pay the deposit, right? THe first, $250 deposit is DUE on the 15th. The $500 one is a seperate deposit. If you mixed up, get in touch with admissions ASAP.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:44 am

Airallie wrote: Can you give us your complete and EIP dates. Also what time did your status update. If PPL could provide this info and if they so choose their LSAT/GPA #'s it would be nice. In all honesty I may not give my own #' so I understand if others don't want to either. Just trying to get some idea for myself and others still in EIP. Thanks & good luck.
My numbers are among LSN's (though not necessarily under my name).
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

CheeSauce

New

Post by CheeSauce » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 am

I just got my acceptance a few days ago! So excited! Although Hastings is very temping with its SF location and scholarship money... decisions, decisions.

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm

I will be posting obscenities if Davis doesn't reach a decision by the end of the week. :evil:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xiaojimu

Bronze

Post by xiaojimu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:48 pm

lawgirl821 wrote:How am I still "Evaluation in Progress"?! Same status for months! Anyone else still left?
I am still waiting too :/

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 am

xiaojimu wrote:
I am still waiting too :/
Yo.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

butifuldisastr

New

Post by butifuldisastr » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Does anyone know what percentage of merit scholarships have been sent out already, and when the rest will be sent out?

Davis is the last school I'm waiting on to hear about scholly....I have received scholarships from every other school that I've been accepted to EXCEPT for Davis! URGH! Come on already!

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:16 pm

butifuldisastr wrote:Does anyone know what percentage of merit scholarships have been sent out already, and when the rest will be sent out?

Davis is the last school I'm waiting on to hear about scholly....I have received scholarships from every other school that I've been accepted to EXCEPT for Davis! URGH! Come on already!
At least you received a decision from Davis..... :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hanman

New

Post by hanman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:33 pm

butifuldisastr wrote:Does anyone know what percentage of merit scholarships have been sent out already, and when the rest will be sent out?

i haven't heard anything yet either!!! i sent an email to Admissions/Dean Pinkney saying I would be unable to put in a deposit by my deadline (April 27) unless I knew my real cost of attendance. I also listed my merit scholarships from other schools. i hope i get a reply at some point.

lawgirl821

New

Post by lawgirl821 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:11 pm

onedavetoomany wrote:

At least you received a decision from Davis..... :?
Haha my thoughts exactly.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:16 pm

They're all being done this week.

butifuldisastr

New

Post by butifuldisastr » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:

They're all being done this week.
Thanks! Sorry to all those who haven't heard back yet!! Seriously, the process takes forever, I hope you guys hear back soon!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”