UC Davis c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Blumpbeef

Gold

Re: UC Davis c/o 2015

Post by Blumpbeef » Tue May 01, 2012 9:44 pm

onedavetoomany wrote:Just received an e-mail update... The status checker says I'm in!!!!

(I was originally waitlisted on 4/18)

Can we check financial aid right away or do they e-mail info?
Congrats. They replied back to me with my money by email, but I asked. Might as well jump through the hoops and check myawards. Did you fill out need access?

Do you har a preference davis versus Hastings?

melanne89

Bronze

Post by melanne89 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:13 pm

onedavetoomany wrote:Just received an e-mail update... The status checker says I'm in!!!!

Mind sharing your #'s? Did you send a LOCI?

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Tue May 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:

Congrats. They replied back to me with my money by email, but I asked. Might as well jump through the hoops and check myawards. Did you fill out need access?

Do you har a preference davis versus Hastings?
Thanks, I was able to log into myAwards, but my award is not yet available. :? I filled out need access back in February.

Honestly, I've heard great things about Davis. I'm planning to visit the campus this weekend to compare to Hastings. On the other hand, I live in the Bay Area and wouldn't have to relocate to attend Hastings. It's a tough call.

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Tue May 01, 2012 11:13 pm

melanne89 wrote:

Mind sharing your #'s? Did you send a LOCI?
Numbers in profile.

I only sent the waitlist response. Never sent a LOCI.

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Wed May 02, 2012 9:58 am

Hey I got in off the waitlist yesterday too!

Hope we get finaid info soon

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 am

whatismylife wrote:Hey I got in off the waitlist yesterday too!

Hope we get finaid info soon
Congrats!

I was told that financial aid should be posted by tomorrow morning. Since we only have a week to make a decision, I'm planning to drive out to Davis this weekend. Have you visited the campus?

whatismylife

Bronze

Post by whatismylife » Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Got my finaid package and am not very happy about it! Does anyone know if Davis negotiates?

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

whatismylife wrote:Got my finaid package and am not very happy about it! Does anyone know if Davis negotiates?
Mine is better than Hastings, but not as good as I had hoped.

law_guy_jake

New

Post by law_guy_jake » Wed May 02, 2012 3:50 pm

onedavetoomany wrote:
whatismylife wrote:Got my finaid package and am not very happy about it! Does anyone know if Davis negotiates?
Mine is better than Hastings, but not as good as I had hoped.
Are your financial aid packages including merit aid?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UMatti

New

Post by UMatti » Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Admitted a few days ago and have been doing as much reading as I can about the school. To be honest, the employment prospects are scaring me a bit. What's everyone else's sentiment on this?

hanman

New

Post by hanman » Wed May 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

UMatti wrote:Admitted a few days ago and have been doing as much reading as I can about the school. To be honest, the employment prospects are scaring me a bit. What's everyone else's sentiment on this?
The Bay Area legal market is in bad shape. Regional schools are getting hit particularly hard.

g-rauf

New

Post by g-rauf » Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 pm

UMatti wrote:Admitted a few days ago and have been doing as much reading as I can about the school. To be honest, the employment prospects are scaring me a bit. What's everyone else's sentiment on this?

I liked that they posted more specific information on their website for the Class of 2011 already than in years past, no? http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/prospective/ ... stics.html

It seems like the situation is bad at most schools out of the top 14-16 though. Definitely falls off after USC/UCLA. I'm deciding between Davis or going out of state with more money to a smaller market (AZ) but less saturation. Thoughts?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

balanz

New

Post by balanz » Tue May 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Got my letter from davis a week ago, was originally WL in april. Just sent in my seat deposit :D

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed May 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Accepted today via Status Check. Anyone get $$ off the WL yet? Anyone successfully negotiate?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue May 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Anybody get this today (or recently)? I got something similar from another school and declined the offer, but everyone else who got it and reconfirmed their interest was accepted within hours.

This email is a request for reconfirmation of your interest in continued consideration for admission to UC Davis Law School. Even if you have submitted an earlier reconfirmation, please do so at this time. Although your name is currently active on our waiting list, we realize you may have been required to make alternate plans and may no longer be in a position to accept an offer of admission if you are selected. We would like to use our time and yours as efficiently as possible by asking you to once again confirm your interest in further consideration.

BEFORE YOU RESPOND, please consider carefully whether you are truly interested in receiving and accepting an offer of admission from UC Davis Law School. We hope that you are! If an offer is made, the response time may be short. You should assume that there may not be time to visit the school. If you have not submitted both of the required financial aid forms, you might want to read through the information at the financial aid website to find out what you need to do. If you have additional questions about our programs or curricular offerings, the time to get that information is before you reconfirm. Our website contains a wealth of information and you may email questions to admissions@law.ucdavis.edu. We will be happy to answer your questions in order to help you make an informed response to this reconfirmation request.

If an offer of admission is extended prior to June 15, you will be required to pay the first non-refundable seat deposit of $250. If an offer of admission is extended on, very near, or after June 15, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY BOTH THE FIRST AND SECOND NON-REFUNDABLE SEAT DEPOSITS TOTALING $750.

Please consider all of the above very carefully before you reconfirm.

As quickly as possible, and no later than 5:00pm on Friday, May 25, please complete and resubmit the waiting list response form located at the status check website. Select the "Reconfirmation" option. DO NOT reconfirm Yes unless you are definitely prepared to make a decision if an offer of admission is made and remember that means paying a non-refundable seat deposit.

If you are no longer interested in being considered, please complete the form and indicate that you would like your name removed from further consideration.

Thank you for your continued interest in UC Davis and for your cooperation in this reconfirmation process. I hope to receive an affirmative reconfirmation response from you by or before 5:00pm on Friday.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

michelada

New

Post by michelada » Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 am

Yep! I just received that email. I actually thought I had been accepted when I saw the email address from "admissions@law.ucdavis.edu." Not yet...

I don't think it's a guarantee though. I was told by at least two other people who were previously waitlisted at UCD that they got emails like this throughout the summer, and they were never taken off. But I want to be optimistic, so maybe tons of people will be taken off the waitlist starting next week....or tomorrow!!!
BVest wrote:Anybody get this today (or recently)? I got something similar from another school and declined the offer, but everyone else who got it and reconfirmed their interest was accepted within hours.

This email is a request for reconfirmation of your interest in continued consideration for admission to UC Davis Law School. Even if you have submitted an earlier reconfirmation, please do so at this time. Although your name is currently active on our waiting list, we realize you may have been required to make alternate plans and may no longer be in a position to accept an offer of admission if you are selected. We would like to use our time and yours as efficiently as possible by asking you to once again confirm your interest in further consideration.

BEFORE YOU RESPOND, please consider carefully whether you are truly interested in receiving and accepting an offer of admission from UC Davis Law School. We hope that you are! If an offer is made, the response time may be short. You should assume that there may not be time to visit the school. If you have not submitted both of the required financial aid forms, you might want to read through the information at the financial aid website to find out what you need to do. If you have additional questions about our programs or curricular offerings, the time to get that information is before you reconfirm. Our website contains a wealth of information and you may email questions to admissions@law.ucdavis.edu. We will be happy to answer your questions in order to help you make an informed response to this reconfirmation request.

If an offer of admission is extended prior to June 15, you will be required to pay the first non-refundable seat deposit of $250. If an offer of admission is extended on, very near, or after June 15, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY BOTH THE FIRST AND SECOND NON-REFUNDABLE SEAT DEPOSITS TOTALING $750.

Please consider all of the above very carefully before you reconfirm.

As quickly as possible, and no later than 5:00pm on Friday, May 25, please complete and resubmit the waiting list response form located at the status check website. Select the "Reconfirmation" option. DO NOT reconfirm Yes unless you are definitely prepared to make a decision if an offer of admission is made and remember that means paying a non-refundable seat deposit.

If you are no longer interested in being considered, please complete the form and indicate that you would like your name removed from further consideration.

Thank you for your continued interest in UC Davis and for your cooperation in this reconfirmation process. I hope to receive an affirmative reconfirmation response from you by or before 5:00pm on Friday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SiRR

New

Post by SiRR » Wed May 23, 2012 1:32 am

Withdrew today. Good luck, all.

Ubermaus

New

Post by Ubermaus » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

I also just got the mysterious reconfirmation e-mail. I said yes, though it's going to take a chunk of money/ice cream/free kitten to make me change my mind at this point.

MG88

New

Post by MG88 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Ubermaus wrote:I also just got the mysterious reconfirmation e-mail. I said yes, though it's going to take a chunk of money/ice cream/free kitten to make me change my mind at this point.
+1 except for the kitty part, I'd need a puppy

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Officially heading to Davis come August. Withdrew from the other schools I'd been considering (and sadly deposited at).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ubermaus

New

Post by Ubermaus » Wed May 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Accepted off the WL by e-mail last night. Kind of excited? No word yet on a free kitten.

Best line from the message: "Please do hesitate to let me know if I can answer any questions."

GoUBears

New

Post by GoUBears » Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Ubermaus wrote:Accepted off the WL by e-mail last night. Kind of excited? No word yet on a free kitten.

Best line from the message: "Please do hesitate to let me know if I can answer any questions."
Congrats. Any scholarship offer in lieu of a free kitten?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Ubermaus wrote:Accepted off the WL by e-mail last night. Kind of excited? No word yet on a free kitten.

Congrats!

I LOVE Davis's communications. This is an excellent addition to the WL letter itself, which included gems such as "Don't panic..." (it was otherwise silent on whether we should always carry a towel), "All available information is included in this letter" (don't bug us, 'cuz we know nothing), and "If, by August 19, it appears unlikely that you will be offered admission for Fall 2012, you will be so advised" (school starts Aug 20... if classes start without me getting in, you don't really need to advise me at that point).
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heretofore

New

Post by Heretofore » Wed May 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Accepted yesterday off of the waitlist

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”