Hofstra Law Early Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
umarzulqarnain

Hofstra Law Early Decision

Postby umarzulqarnain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:14 am

Hey Everyone
I was just wondering if anyone else on here applied for early admission at Hofstra this year.
If so, have any of you received a response?

The wait is killing me!

SUCO

Re: Hofstra Law Early Decision

Postby SUCO » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 am

They're pretty slow with applications, by the time they told me my application had been received (a month later) I had already gotten an acceptance from Villanova. But I'm assuming that if you EA they at least give you a date of when your decision will be ready by.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

They're on the disorganized side in terms of admissions, at least comparing to the schools I've dealt with.

I received my status checker info last week (11/23). When i logged on, the status said "File with Admissions Committee" while the current status date was 11/21. Odd that i received status checker info two days after the status checker's current status date. But my numbers are definitely weak so I shouldn't really be complaining.

cph4life

Postby cph4life » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:They're on the disorganized side in terms of admissions, at least comparing to the schools I've dealt with.

I received my status checker info last week (11/23). When i logged on, the status said "File with Admissions Committee" while the current status date was 11/21. Odd that i received status checker info two days after the status checker's current status date. But my numbers are definitely weak so I shouldn't really be complaining.

The same thing happened to me, though my numbers are above median for Hofstra (and I'm regular decision)

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:Hey Everyone
I was just wondering if anyone else on here applied for early admission at Hofstra this year.

The wait is killing me!

Flame?

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:

The wait is killing me!

Flame?

I doubt it. I don't think he would create an account and wait 2 months to start a flame.

sasuke

Postby sasuke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:54 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:

The wait is killing me!

Flame?

I doubt it. I don't think he would create an account and wait 2 months to start a flame.

Why not?

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm

whats a flame?

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:whats a flame?

Flame.

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:21 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:They're on the disorganized side in terms of admissions, at least comparing to the schools I've dealt with.

I emailed them on the 22nd saying I hadn't received my status checker login yet and they sent it the next day.
The dates are identical to yours.

I was just wondering if people have started receiving responses because I read somewhere on the hofstra site that they send replies as soon as two weeks after they receive the application.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:22 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:

I emailed them on the 22nd saying I hadn't received my status checker login yet and they sent it the next day.

I was just wondering if people have started receiving responses because I read somewhere on the hofstra site that they send replies as soon as two weeks after they receive the application.

I do not think this is true. I applied ED and I'm assuming you did as well. We will get our decisions by December 15th. Check last year's Hofstra thread (yes the same one where reasonable_man did some initially funny guidos jokes).

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:30 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
umarzulqarnain wrote:

I do not think this is true. I applied ED and I'm assuming you did as well. We will get our decisions by December 15th. Check last year's Hofstra thread (yes the same one where reasonable_man did some initially funny guidos jokes).

Damn it. Didn't want to wait that long.
Thanks!

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:35 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
umarzulqarnain wrote:

Damn it. Didn't want to wait that long.
Thanks!

December 15th is not that bad. I've gotten few decisions so far but the cycle is long. Plus I'm going to be a reject at Hofstra anyways so I'm not really focusing all too much on Hofstra.

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 pm

you've already gotten responses??
I only applied to Hofstra so far because it was the only school with non-binding early admission.
I figured regular admission responses take a little longer. I'm planning on sending them this coming weekend when I have some free time '_'. Should have done this earlier.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:55 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:you've already gotten responses??
I only applied to Hofstra so far because it was the only school with non-binding early admission.
I figured regular admission responses take a little longer. I'm planning on sending them this coming weekend when I have some free time '_'. Should have done this earlier.

yeah but they're all T4 schools (I have a low LSAT score). At least I haven't been rejected yet, it would be embarassing if the lowest tier schools reject me.

wontpanic

Postby wontpanic » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:48 pm

I wonder if those of us who applied early would hear back at the same as early decision...

jessi419

Postby jessi419 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 am

Yeah, they release all their EA decisions at roughly the same time in December. Their admissions office is incredibly helpful if you call or e-mail, so if you have any concerns, you should feel free to contact them.

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 pm

two days!
Anyone hear back yet??

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:34 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:two days!
Anyone hear back yet??

Nope. Should be tomorrow or Thursday (according to lsn).

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:02 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
Anyone hear back yet??

oh true. Goodluck.
nothing yet for me.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
Anyone hear back yet??

oh true. Goodluck.
nothing yet for me.

rejected via status checker. it's cool, wasn't going to go there anyways even if i was accepted (change of heart midway in November).

cph4life

Postby cph4life » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:28 pm

fatpeopleavenger wrote:
umarzulqarnain wrote:
fatpeopleavenger wrote:
Anyone hear back yet??

oh true. Goodluck.
nothing yet for me.

rejected via status checker. it's cool, wasn't going to go there anyways even if i was accepted (change of heart midway in November).

So I guess you weren't ED? I'm regular as well, just checked and no update.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 pm

I was ED.

Hopefully I get into CUNY, that's my #1 school.

umarzulqarnain

Postby umarzulqarnain » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:53 pm

I got waitlisted
Fuckin eh.

fatpeopleavenger

Postby fatpeopleavenger » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm

umarzulqarnain wrote:I got waitlisted
Fuckin eh.

I think you should apply to Buffalo (i saw your thread in the other sub-forum). It's cheaper, and better school imho. If anything, Hofstra might have done you a favor.

Only thing I like about Hofstra is their undergraduate girls. Nothing else is really appealing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”