Syracuse c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zuckaz48

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby zuckaz48 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:38 pm

ashley12 wrote:Just got the sweet admit packet with Tshirt.

t-shirt is swag

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Is it odd that Syracuse still hasn't requested my report from LSAC, even though I submitted my app on Saturday, 1/14?

I submitted Cardozo on the same day and already have my app under review. All of my other apps went complete the next day, regardless of whether or not it was a weekend. Should I be concerned?

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:48 pm

30-Something wrote:Is it odd that Syracuse still hasn't requested my report from LSAC, even though I submitted my app on Saturday, 1/14?

I submitted Cardozo on the same day and already have my app under review. All of my other apps went complete the next day, regardless of whether or not it was a weekend. Should I be concerned?

No, give it some time. Not every school operates the same way, some are in the midst of reviewing a lot of apps and they likely wont pull materials for new apps so immediately.

If more than two weeks go by I would be concerned, but I applied to schools just before thanksgiving and it took some of them over a week or so to grab materials.

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks z0rk!

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Haven't been home to check my mail yet (still at the office and hitting the gym after, so it will be a few hours). However, I got an email for admitted students. Operating under the assumption that it would just be cruel to send this to all applicants, I feel this means I am accepted. Can anyone confirm if they also got this email? I will update when I get home if I got anything in the mail.

iceicebaby

Postby iceicebaby » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:08 pm

z0rk wrote:Haven't been home to check my mail yet (still at the office and hitting the gym after, so it will be a few hours). However, I got an email for admitted students. Operating under the assumption that it would just be cruel to send this to all applicants, I feel this means I am accepted. Can anyone confirm if they also got this email? I will update when I get home if I got anything in the mail.

I got the same exact email. I assume this means we are in and that our acceptances are in the mail somewhere. I know a person that got hers on Saturday, so I think they just recently sent them out. I want to rock that 'Cuse Law shirt ASAP, even if I don't end up going there.

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 pm

iceicebaby wrote:
z0rk wrote:Haven't been home to check my mail yet (still at the office and hitting the gym after, so it will be a few hours). However, I got an email for admitted students. Operating under the assumption that it would just be cruel to send this to all applicants, I feel this means I am accepted. Can anyone confirm if they also got this email? I will update when I get home if I got anything in the mail.

I got the same exact email. I assume this means we are in and that our acceptances are in the mail somewhere. I know a person that got hers on Saturday, so I think they just recently sent them out. I want to rock that 'Cuse Law shirt ASAP, even if I don't end up going there.

It's a sweet shirt but sadly I got a large

cch24

Postby cch24 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Got the e-mail, just waiting on the packet. Workout shirts are always welcome.

89vision

Postby 89vision » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Curious about the email. I got one today that stated it was for all student groups addressing colleagues. Is that what others got?

cch24

Postby cch24 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:01 pm

89vision wrote:Curious about the email. I got one today that stated it was for all student groups addressing colleagues. Is that what others got?

The email I got is talking about information for admitted students.

chickenfed

Postby chickenfed » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 am

Does the admitted students acceptance form become active by the time you receive your email or packet?

z0rk

Postby z0rk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:31 am

ashley12 wrote:
iceicebaby wrote:

It's a sweet shirt but sadly I got a large

Ditto, unfortunately this has to be added to my sleep shirt collection because It is too big for me.

I did like that the acceptance letter was very much personalized, specifically citing my college studies and my job. I think a big deciding factor will be the amount of merit aid offered.

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:52 am

Applied to Cuse last year and got accepted so I took a visit. I enjoyed the visit, but decided I wanted to be in Virginia, Florida or Georgia. Here's some pics for you guys. I thought I had some of the outside of the law school, but I'll have to look in my pics for them.

Downtown SyracuseImage

ashley12

Postby ashley12 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:54 am

Great pics! It looks purty

NYC KID

Postby NYC KID » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:32 am

I hope I get accepted just for the t-shirt. lol

iceicebaby

Postby iceicebaby » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 am

T-shirt is gangsta. I don't like not knowing until February about scholly info, though. Nice pics btw!!!

30-Something

Postby 30-Something » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

It really is a beautiful campus, I visited in October and loved it. My fiance's family lives there (and he went to 'Cuse for undergrad). So, if we end up going there (he's applying too), we'd already have some roots put down.

NYC KID

Postby NYC KID » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Digging the t-shirt. :D

minkopolis

Postby minkopolis » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:05 pm

NYC KID wrote:Got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Digging the t-shirt. :D

+1...really liked the personalized touch on the acceptance letter, too. Fantastic, comprehensive acceptance package.

Jimbola

Postby Jimbola » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Got my t-shirt and personalized acceptance letter too!

And now we wait for scholly info!

2LT_CPG

Postby 2LT_CPG » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 pm

I applied. Not going unless I get significant money though. The campus does look awesome, I will say.

NYC KID

Postby NYC KID » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Did anyone else get accepted to the Legal Education Opportunity Program (LEO) or know the purpose of it?

chickenfed

Postby chickenfed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:01 am

NYC KID wrote:Did anyone else get accepted to the Legal Education Opportunity Program (LEO) or know the purpose of it?

www.law.syr.edu wrote:Syracuse University is committed to a diverse student body as an integral part of its educational program and mission. Diversity within the law student body, generated through the selection of individuals having a range of experience and interests, generally enhances each student's legal education by encouraging a broad exchange of thoughts and ideas.

LEO ProgramRecognizing that numerical indicators are not always the best predictors of success in law school - even when considered in combination with other factors - the College of Law admits a limited number of students each year through the Legal Education Opportunity (LEO) Program. The program's dual objectives are to recruit and admit persons who may have been deprived of equal education opportunities due to race, poverty, or other factors beyond their control; and persons with unusual accomplishments, backgrounds, and experiences that suggest traditional admission criteria may be inadequate predictors of likely success in law study.

Students admitted through the LEO Program are required to complete an intensive three-week summer program in legal methodology and legal writing before enrolling in the fall semester entering class.

--LinkRemoved--

NYC KID

Postby NYC KID » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:15 am

chickenfed wrote:
NYC KID wrote:Did anyone else get accepted to the Legal Education Opportunity Program (LEO) or know the purpose of it?

www.law.syr.edu wrote:Syracuse University is committed to a diverse student body as an integral part of its educational program and mission. Diversity within the law student body, generated through the selection of individuals having a range of experience and interests, generally enhances each student's legal education by encouraging a broad exchange of thoughts and ideas.

LEO ProgramRecognizing that numerical indicators are not always the best predictors of success in law school - even when considered in combination with other factors - the College of Law admits a limited number of students each year through the Legal Education Opportunity (LEO) Program. The program's dual objectives are to recruit and admit persons who may have been deprived of equal education opportunities due to race, poverty, or other factors beyond their control; and persons with unusual accomplishments, backgrounds, and experiences that suggest traditional admission criteria may be inadequate predictors of likely success in law study.

Students admitted through the LEO Program are required to complete an intensive three-week summer program in legal methodology and legal writing before enrolling in the fall semester entering class.

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks.

ab616

Postby ab616 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 am

Accepted yesterday!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”