Syracuse c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SF1221
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby SF1221 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:15 pm

I applied on Jan. 4, and was accepted on Feb 1.

LSAT: 155
GPA: 3.33

User avatar
Lawer101
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:27 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby Lawer101 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Just got the packet and my T-shirt today!! Nice shirt!! No scholly info though.

User avatar
Jimbola
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby Jimbola » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Lawer101 wrote:Just got the packet and my T-shirt today!! Nice shirt!! No scholly info though.


They need to get on that!

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:55 am

Has anyone had any communication with the admissions office regarding a timeline for scholarship information? If so, please share.

User avatar
Lawer101
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:27 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby Lawer101 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 am

z0rk wrote:Has anyone had any communication with the admissions office regarding a timeline for scholarship information? If so, please share.


All I know is what they wrote in the acceptance letter: We will begin our financial aid and scholarship review starting 2/15 or something like that; not a direct quote. Idk

angelan
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby angelan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Lawer101 wrote:
z0rk wrote:Has anyone had any communication with the admissions office regarding a timeline for scholarship information? If so, please share.


All I know is what they wrote in the acceptance letter: We will begin our financial aid and scholarship review starting 2/15 or something like that; not a direct quote. Idk



I think I posted this before but I emailed admissions about scholarships a few weeks ago. She said they'll start sending out merit scholarship notifications in "mid-late February." She said students will also be reviewed for need based grants but that those won't be sent out until mid to late March.

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby tadlbb » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Did everyone get the financial aid reminder email yesterday? Or have I been admitted and not notified?

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:18 pm

tadlbb wrote:Did everyone get the financial aid reminder email yesterday? Or have I been admitted and not notified?

I it got too. So hopefully it means admittance because I have not heard anything either.
Last edited by cpinker3 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:29 pm

tadlbb wrote:Did everyone get the financial aid reminder email yesterday? Or have I been admitted and not notified?


Unfortunately it does not mean that you are in yet... i kept getting financial aid reminders before I got my letter as well.

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Yeah, I did not think so, but was just hopeful.

User avatar
MarcusAurelius
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby MarcusAurelius » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

received acceptance packet today. GPA: 3.24, LSAT: 154

ShowJumper560
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ShowJumper560 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:20 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:received acceptance packet today. GPA: 3.24, LSAT: 154


Did you get an email from them also? Or just the packet?

User avatar
MarcusAurelius
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby MarcusAurelius » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:47 pm

ShowJumper560 wrote:
MarcusAurelius wrote:received acceptance packet today. GPA: 3.24, LSAT: 154


Did you get an email from them also? Or just the packet?


no email, just the packet

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby cpinker3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:
ShowJumper560 wrote:
MarcusAurelius wrote:received acceptance packet today. GPA: 3.24, LSAT: 154


Did you get an email from them also? Or just the packet?


no email, just the packet


Do you mind posting when you applied and when it went complete?

User avatar
MarcusAurelius
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby MarcusAurelius » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Do you mind posting when you applied and when it went complete?[/quote]

Applied January 29th, went complete February 10th

User avatar
MarcusAurelius
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby MarcusAurelius » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:41 pm

pretty happy to get in at Syracuse after waitlisted at Albany

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby cpinker3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:53 pm

MarcusAurelius wrote:Do you mind posting when you applied and when it went complete?


Applied January 29th, went complete February 10th[/quote]

Well that does not make me feel good. I applied Jan 24 and went complete Feb 2 and have not heard anything.
I also got wait listed at Albany, but have already gotten into WVU law, although Syracuse would be my choice over West Virginia.

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby cpinker3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Just noticed that the Admitted Students Acceptance form is no longer on my page on myslice. So I am guessing ding?

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:53 pm

cpinker3 wrote:Just noticed that the Admitted Students Acceptance form is no longer on my page on myslice. So I am guessing ding?



I am admitted and the same thing happened on my MySlice.

I'd say take break, go outside and enjoy the nice weather (If you are in a part of the country that has nice weather, it's beautiful in the mid-atlantic today). I applied very early and it took many weeks for me to get a response.

User avatar
2LT_CPG
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby 2LT_CPG » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm

I apparently got in today via packet with the shirt.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:11 pm

I called admissions to ask if they had a sense regarding scholarships. Some packets were sent out last week and they should be on their way. I am assuming they were transmitted Friday, which means they may take a little while to get to folks. I am very eager to hear back from SU.

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby iceicebaby » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 pm

z0rk wrote:I called admissions to ask if they had a sense regarding scholarships. Some packets were sent out last week and they should be on their way. I am assuming they were transmitted Friday, which means they may take a little while to get to folks. I am very eager to hear back from SU.


Yeah it will be interesting to see what kind of money they will be awarding. For me, it's gonna have to be pretty large before I really think about it.

Thanks for the update!!!

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby 30-Something » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

In via "Admitted Students Page" email. It's my first acceptance of the cycle. Pretty exciting.

cjt127
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby cjt127 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm

In via email as well! Let's see what the aid package looks like...

User avatar
Jimbola
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby Jimbola » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Myslice refuses to work for me. Is that where you find out your scholarship info?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”