Syracuse c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ShowJumper560
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ShowJumper560 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Anyone else applying to Syracuse?

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby 89vision » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:08 am

I just sent in the application.

caller10
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby caller10 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:57 pm

I have sent in an application to here

User avatar
zuckaz48
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby zuckaz48 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:17 pm

I send in my app over a month ago.

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ggibelli » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:38 pm

applied in november. anyone else read the newly posted interview with the dean on TLS?

User avatar
zuckaz48
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby zuckaz48 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 pm

ggibelli wrote:applied in november. anyone else read the newly posted interview with the dean on TLS?


yea, just read it. wasn't too impressed. The information was pretty ambiguous and seemed like it was trying to please everyone, but idk.

i went to undergrad in upstate NY and it is fuckin cold.

User avatar
Jimbola
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby Jimbola » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Gonna be applying very soon.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:42 pm

zuckaz48 wrote:
ggibelli wrote:applied in november. anyone else read the newly posted interview with the dean on TLS?


yea, just read it. wasn't too impressed. The information was pretty ambiguous and seemed like it was trying to please everyone, but idk.

i went to undergrad in upstate NY and it is fuckin cold.


My concern exactly. I really like one of their Joint JD programs that is pretty unique to Syracuse. My only concern is that Syracuse is likely just one of those programs that relies on their strong Ugrad reputation

User avatar
zuckaz48
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby zuckaz48 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm

ashley12 wrote:
zuckaz48 wrote:
ggibelli wrote:applied in november. anyone else read the newly posted interview with the dean on TLS?


yea, just read it. wasn't too impressed. The information was pretty ambiguous and seemed like it was trying to please everyone, but idk.

i went to undergrad in upstate NY and it is fuckin cold.


My concern exactly. I really like one of their Joint JD programs that is pretty unique to Syracuse. My only concern is that Syracuse is likely just one of those programs that relies on their strong Ugrad reputation


good idea with the joint degree program. i forgot which program it was, but one of their joint degree programs is ranked very high, possibly the best in the country. you should look into it

User avatar
Jimbola
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby Jimbola » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I was thinking, Library Science for a joint degree. They're number 3 on US World Report, but I think there are a ton of Library Science people jobless etc.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am

I applied before thanksgiving and received an email from them saying they received my app, but no login information for a status checker. Anyone else experience this?

caller10
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby caller10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 am

z0rk wrote:I applied before thanksgiving and received an email from them saying they received my app, but no login information for a status checker. Anyone else experience this?


yep. I applied in the middle of October and got the email confirming my application and that it was complete on October 28. I have yet to receive any login information for a status checker. Perhaps they are the only school that doesn't have a status checker?

ShowJumper560
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ShowJumper560 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 am

caller10 wrote:
z0rk wrote:I applied before thanksgiving and received an email from them saying they received my app, but no login information for a status checker. Anyone else experience this?


yep. I applied in the middle of October and got the email confirming my application and that it was complete on October 28. I have yet to receive any login information for a status checker. Perhaps they are the only school that doesn't have a status checker?


According to previous threads, they do not have status checkers and decisions start coming out early/mid Jan by mail. I believe they e-mail you when a decision is made and the package is mailed.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 am

caller10 wrote:
z0rk wrote:I applied before thanksgiving and received an email from them saying they received my app, but no login information for a status checker. Anyone else experience this?


yep. I applied in the middle of October and got the email confirming my application and that it was complete on October 28. I have yet to receive any login information for a status checker. Perhaps they are the only school that doesn't have a status checker?


Richmond and Cincinnati are status checker lacking as well. It hurts the obsessive nature in me...

caller10
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby caller10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 am

ashley12 wrote:
caller10 wrote:
z0rk wrote:I applied before thanksgiving and received an email from them saying they received my app, but no login information for a status checker. Anyone else experience this?


yep. I applied in the middle of October and got the email confirming my application and that it was complete on October 28. I have yet to receive any login information for a status checker. Perhaps they are the only school that doesn't have a status checker?


Richmond and Cincinnati are status checker lacking as well. It hurts the obsessive nature in me...


+1

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:54 am

Just got an email requesting that I fill out a priority financial aid package. Anyone else receive this today? or in the past?

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:11 am

z0rk wrote:Just got an email requesting that I fill out a priority financial aid package. Anyone else receive this today? or in the past?


I got this too. I don't think it means anything, as I got this same thing from Wisconsin the day after they received my application. I did get a message saying my app was complete from Syracuse today though

LDW98
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby LDW98 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Just got that financial aid e-mail as well. Gave me a start.

I also activated the "MySlice" account using the info in the e-mail, and logged on to my account. There was a link on my user profile for the "Admission Acceptance Form" - however it couldn't be displayed. :?:

CWilliamson
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby CWilliamson » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

anyone care to post the scores they have? wondering where i fall

JerichoJohnny
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby JerichoJohnny » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 pm

It may behoove you to check LawSchoolNumbers.com. As for me, I am sitting with a fee waiver for Syracuse, but still haven't applied. We shall see...

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby z0rk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 am

Here's to hoping for decision letters sometime this week. LSN indicates that first decisions went out around this time last year.

caller10
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby caller10 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Accepted via snail mail a couple days ago. Scholarship info will be sent out at the end of February

User avatar
zuckaz48
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby zuckaz48 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 pm

caller10 wrote:Accepted via snail mail a couple days ago. Scholarship info will be sent out at the end of February


same here

User avatar
30-Something
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby 30-Something » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

Just sent in my app on Saturday, 1/14. Fingers crossed.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Syracuse c/o 2015

Postby ashley12 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Just got the sweet admit packet with Tshirt.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Gaaooo and 2 guests