In at Harvard Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which ASW are you going to attend?

March 3-5
31%
April 14-16
30%
None, I hate fun
25%
Both (is this even possible?)
7%
The obligatory other
8%

Total votes: 120

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Re: In at Harvard

Post by Mista Bojangles » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:33 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Did any of you guys pull out of UChicago to go to H?

Just trying to see how many spots are coming open
Yessir! I noted in the UChi WL thread yesterday - I'm withdrawing from UChi (and had been offered $90,000 there). Best of luck! Though with $$ at NYU under your belt I'd say you've got a happy ending to your cycle either way.

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Checking in here as well. So happy to be joining an illustrious set of students and, perhaps more importantly, TLSers.

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 pm

I can formally be a member in the thread now.
I think at least four of the JS2's yesterday and today are turning down Columbia...

avd90

Bronze

Post by avd90 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Mista Bojangles wrote:I still can't believe this is real life. I had my mother in (the very, very best kind of) tears yesterday. She couldn't stop saying "my son is going to Harvard Law School." Yep mom, it's not easy for me to believe either. I feel so so lucky; this is in every sense of the word a dream come true.
my mom was/is the exact same way! She cried for about a week and plastered the news on facebook (gotta love parents on fb) I had a family grad party just last week and my mom kept telling strangers and ruthlessly bragging :oops:

curiouscat

Bronze

Post by curiouscat » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Checking in!!! I'm still can't wrap my head around this. Ridiculously excited to see you all in Cambridge this fall!

And JMJ, another spot at Chicago opening up soon. Good luck! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 pm

avd90 wrote:
Mista Bojangles wrote:I still can't believe this is real life. I had my mother in (the very, very best kind of) tears yesterday. She couldn't stop saying "my son is going to Harvard Law School." Yep mom, it's not easy for me to believe either. I feel so so lucky; this is in every sense of the word a dream come true.
my mom was/is the exact same way! She cried for about a week and plastered the news on facebook (gotta love parents on fb) I had a family grad party just last week and my mom kept telling strangers and ruthlessly bragging :oops:
hahha gotta love them moms. Called mine yesterday and she was in hysterics as well. she kept saying no you're joking. No you're joking haha. Its still so hard to believe. but i finally got the official email so it makes it oh so much more real :)

on another note, ran into an old friend yesterday and she asked what school im."going to in the fall and i had to say "Im going to.Harvard" felt soooo weird!!

yansky22

New

Post by yansky22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Just got the JS2 call. Apologies if this has been asked before, but do we know how likely it is that we will get HLS housing or campus housing in general? Thanks in advance. And for what it's worth, I will be withdrawing from Columbia so I hope a spot opens up for a TLSer!

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:40 pm

yansky22 wrote:Just got the JS2 call. Apologies if this has been asked before, but do we know how likely it is that we will get HLS housing or campus housing in general? Thanks in advance. And for what it's worth, I will be withdrawing from Columbia so I hope a spot opens up for a TLSer!
Columbia +1 :oops:

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 pm

yansky22 wrote:Just got the JS2 call. Apologies if this has been asked before, but do we know how likely it is that we will get HLS housing or campus housing in general? Thanks in advance. And for what it's worth, I will be withdrawing from Columbia so I hope a spot opens up for a TLSer!

If you want on campus housing, you're pretty much going to get it. I called this afternoon and they said that there were over 100 room still available.

Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yansky22

New

Post by yansky22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:07 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:

If you want on campus housing, you're pretty much going to get it. I called this afternoon and they said that there were over 100 room still available.

Congrats!
Awesome. Congrats to you too :D

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Congrats!
Do you know what locations still had units, by chance?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Congrats!
This makes me feel a lot better! I think my biggest concern was housing.

arez

New

Post by arez » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:

Congrats!
This makes me feel a lot better! I think my biggest concern was housing.
Do we know if the application for housing is available yet to those just admitted off the WL?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yepyepyep

Bronze

Post by yepyepyep » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 pm

+1 on the Columbia...

Any ideas when you guys will withdraw from your current schools? Is it standard practice to withdraw whenever you've deposited your new school? Or before?

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 pm

yepyepyep wrote:+1 on the Columbia...

Any ideas when you guys will withdraw from your current schools? Is it standard practice to withdraw whenever you've deposited your new school? Or before?
going to wait till i send in the HLS deposit

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Post by Mista Bojangles » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:19 pm

I've already withdrawn from Chicago. I figure ASAP is best and most courteous both to the school and to potential admits waiting for spots to open on the waitlist.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 pm

so two Chicago withdrawals and a bunch from CLS?

Even though H rejected me, I really don't hate them right now :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:56 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:so two Chicago withdrawals and a bunch from CLS?

Jam you are very active everywhere! :lol:

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:01 pm

deluxe wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:so two Chicago withdrawals and a bunch from CLS?

Jam you are very active everywhere! :lol:
I mean, I'm pretty happy with my options, but Chicago would always be awesome. CLS would be cool too, but I probably wouldn't leave NYU (or NU, if I choose not to go to NY) for it.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:10 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:+1 on the Columbia...

going to wait till i send in the HLS deposit
Already withdrew but mostly because my second deposit was due today :p

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 am

Doorkeeper wrote: Do you know what locations still had units, by chance?

She said "pretty much everywhere" but I was still in my giddy "I-got-into-Harvard" phase so I didn't ask specifically. She said it's first come first serve, though.

Where are you guys planning on rooming?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:12 pm

She said "pretty much everywhere" but I was still in my giddy "I-got-into-Harvard" phase so I didn't ask specifically. She said it's first come first serve, though.

Thanks for the information! I'll check in with them as well.

yansky22

New

Post by yansky22 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:

So I assume as soon as we get our accounts set up and get access to the Admitted Students Website, we can start filling out housing?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm

yansky22 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

So I assume as soon as we get our accounts set up and get access to the Admitted Students Website, we can start filling out housing?

Yup. as soon as you get that information you can file for housing

gameday12

New

Post by gameday12 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Did any leave a voicemail at Harvard admissions office when you called to get your claim code and they did not answer the phone?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”