In at Harvard

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which ASW are you going to attend?

March 3-5
37
31%
April 14-16
36
30%
None, I hate fun
30
25%
Both (is this even possible?)
8
7%
The obligatory other
9
8%
 
Total votes: 120

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:16 pm

splbagel wrote:
Syme wrote:
chickenalfredo wrote:I just got my HUID today and when I went to request a pin it says I have to show up in person at some building to get it. Anyone else have this happen. The email says that I will get my PIN via email but that does not seem to be the case.


I'm having the same issue. There is no option on the page for pin via email.


Are those of you who don't have the email option in the Boston area? Maybe they want you to come in person if you're nearby?


I'm in Montana, and I had the same problem with the HUID/PIN page where the only option was to pick up the PIN in person. About 2 weeks after I discovered I had been assigned a HUID (via the me.law.harvard.edu account), I was sent an email saying they had assigned me a HUID. I tried the PIN page again, and that time there was the option of receiving it via email.

Syme
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Syme » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:
splbagel wrote:
Syme wrote:
chickenalfredo wrote:I just got my HUID today and when I went to request a pin it says I have to show up in person at some building to get it. Anyone else have this happen. The email says that I will get my PIN via email but that does not seem to be the case.


I'm having the same issue. There is no option on the page for pin via email.


Are those of you who don't have the email option in the Boston area? Maybe they want you to come in person if you're nearby?


I'm in Montana, and I had the same problem with the HUID/PIN page where the only option was to pick up the PIN in person. About 2 weeks after I discovered I had been assigned a HUID (via the me.law.harvard.edu account), I was sent an email saying they had assigned me a HUID. I tried the PIN page again, and that time there was the option of receiving it via email.


Just received the HUID email today. Maybe there is some sort of delay after receipt of the email.

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby kulshan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:52 pm

I just got the email today and it worked fine. Maybe you should email HLS to see if they can sort it out?

Syme
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Syme » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:07 pm

kulshan wrote:I just got the email today and it worked fine. Maybe you should email HLS to see if they can sort it out?


I'm not terribly concerned. Not even sure what additional access the PIN grants.

chickenalfredo
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby chickenalfredo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Syme wrote:
kulshan wrote:I just got the email today and it worked fine. Maybe you should email HLS to see if they can sort it out?


I'm not terribly concerned. Not even sure what additional access the PIN grants.


+1

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Syme wrote:
kulshan wrote:I just got the email today and it worked fine. Maybe you should email HLS to see if they can sort it out?


I'm not terribly concerned. Not even sure what additional access the PIN grants.


Not much, to be quite honest (at least at this point). You get to access your MyHLS account, which was kind of meh anyway.

teacher10456
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby teacher10456 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Has anyone who was accepted last week received the financial aid info yet?

User avatar
igelchen
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby igelchen » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 am

1. Folks who went to the first ASW-- have you gotten your travel refund? When, and to permanent or current addy?

2. Cross-admits who are going to Stanford ASW but are leaning towards Harvard-- what are you going to be paying the most attention to/what would you have to take away from the weekend in order to sway you?

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby splbagel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am

igelchen wrote:1. Folks who went to the first ASW-- have you gotten your travel refund? When, and to permanent or current addy?


Haven't gotten it yet - I think they said minimum of 6 weeks, but more likely not until June?

Bahzing!
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Bahzing! » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 am

igelchen wrote:1. Folks who went to the first ASW-- have you gotten your travel refund? When, and to permanent or current addy?

2. Cross-admits who are going to Stanford ASW but are leaning towards Harvard-- what are you going to be paying the most attention to/what would you have to take away from the weekend in order to sway you?



I'm leaning towards Harvard, but I attended a small liberal arts college, and so I know the benefits of a very small faculty:student ratio. Harvard helped to allay some of my worries about attending a large school. However, if Stanford can truly make the pitch that a small school matters, it might make me reconsider.

tiger11
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby tiger11 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Joining the bandwagon!!!

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby sailboat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 am

I PM'ed curious1 on Sunday to be added to the Facebook group, but haven't heard back yet. Totally understandable, but now that I'm apartment-hunting I'm a little anxious to join. Maybe someone could give her a nudge via FB?

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby splbagel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

sailboat wrote:I PM'ed curious1 on Sunday to be added to the Facebook group, but haven't heard back yet. Totally understandable, but now that I'm apartment-hunting I'm a little anxious to join. Maybe someone could give her a nudge via FB?


PM me and I'll add you.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Curious1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

splbagel wrote:
sailboat wrote:I PM'ed curious1 on Sunday to be added to the Facebook group, but haven't heard back yet. Totally understandable, but now that I'm apartment-hunting I'm a little anxious to join. Maybe someone could give her a nudge via FB?


PM me and I'll add you.


:O So sorry I shirked my duties. I think I clicked the message while drunk one night and promptly forgot about it in the morning.

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby sailboat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 am

Curious1 wrote:
splbagel wrote:
sailboat wrote:I PM'ed curious1 on Sunday to be added to the Facebook group, but haven't heard back yet. Totally understandable, but now that I'm apartment-hunting I'm a little anxious to join. Maybe someone could give her a nudge via FB?


PM me and I'll add you.


:O So sorry I shirked my duties. I think I clicked the message while drunk one night and promptly forgot about it in the morning.


Haha no worries at all! (I do the same thing with emails constantly, oops...)

User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: In at Harvard

Postby euskadi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:52 am

Just received a copy of Larry Lessig's Republic, Lost from HLS admissions in the post - assuming everyone else will get this as well. Extraordinary. I'd been meaning to purchase the book for a while - makes me happy to have sent in my deposit a few days ago!

Dake!
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby Dake! » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Rec'd a copy of In Brown's Wake, though I'd withdrawn a few weeks back (w/ confirmation), still so cool!

brewbain
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby brewbain » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 am

Hey y'all, I got admitted last week, still waiting on the packet and whatnot. All my status checker says is they emailed housing information twice on 4/19 and I never got anything. I guess they emailed it to the Harvard email address?

Also, I am frustrated by their financial aid policies regarding student contributions in that it seems like they penalize savings. If I've saved up a bunch to use on my law school bills, it seems like I'd have been better served by taking a round-the-world luxury cruise or something and reporting less cash to Harvard since they'd make that up with grants. It would be nice if there was some incentive to save money to pay for law school.

thereshegoes
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby thereshegoes » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 am

brewbain wrote:Hey y'all, I got admitted last week, still waiting on the packet and whatnot. All my status checker says is they emailed housing information twice on 4/19 and I never got anything. I guess they emailed it to the Harvard email address?


yep. they do this. they e-mail everything to your harvard e-mail address. if you're not set up with it, you can call and they'll take care of that for you. i had the same situation.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby splbagel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

And if you get sick of checking your Harvard email, there are instructions several places in this thread to get it to forward to your Gmail account. :)

bogm2012
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby bogm2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 pm

splbagel wrote:And if you get sick of checking your Harvard email, there are instructions several places in this thread to get it to forward to your Gmail account. :)


Thanks, spl! Adding your helpful instructions below for others who missed this.

splbagel wrote:Figured out how to get the Harvard mail to forward to my gmail.

Instructions here: http://www.law.harvard.edu/about/admini ... Forwarding

splbagel wrote:1. Within MyMail click the OPTIONS link in the upper-right corner. Result: This will direct you to your options page.
2. Under "Mail Management" click MAIL PREFERENCES. Result: This will direct you to your mail preferences page.
3. Click MAIL FORWARDING. Result: You will be directed to the mail forwarding section.
4. Select the radio button next to FORWARD MAIL TO: and then type the email address of where you would like your mail sent.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE. Result: your new mail settings will be saved.

User avatar
wphr
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby wphr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

can someone help me?
i called and got my code and my username
and new.law.harvard.edu address
but when i try to go to new.law.harvard.edu, the page does not exist...??

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby splbagel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Not sure what "new.law.harvard.edu" is, but the login page for the webmail is here: https://mymail.law.harvard.edu/

User avatar
wphr
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby wphr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:16 pm

yea i'm not sure. that is what the lady who answered my call directed me to... she said there would be directions there?
i might have heard wrong, but thanks!

User avatar
wphr
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: In at Harvard

Postby wphr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:17 pm

yea i think i have to get my password? because the code she gave me does not seem to be my password... she gave me a code and my username...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 8 guests