In at Harvard

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which ASW are you going to attend?

March 3-5
31%
April 14-16
30%
None, I hate fun
25%
Both (is this even possible?)
7%
The obligatory other
8%

Total votes: 120

instantwonton

Re: In at Harvard

Postby instantwonton » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:14 am

LawGuy321 wrote:Ugh...I can't find my login for HLS, so I have no idea what my status says. I have complicated address situation so I'm little worried that that's why I haven't gotten my admissions packet yet :\

did everyone get their logins via e-mail? Or through LSAC?

The login info is in the admittance package info...But I believe someone had trouble getting the package and called HLS to get it.

soj

Postby soj » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 am

instantwonton wrote:
LawGuy321 wrote:Ugh...I can't find my login for HLS, so I have no idea what my status says. I have complicated address situation so I'm little worried that that's why I haven't gotten my admissions packet yet :\

did everyone get their logins via e-mail? Or through LSAC?

The login info is in the admittance package info...But I believe someone had trouble getting the package and called HLS to get it.

Yep. Just call Admissions and explain your situation. They can give you your log-in info over the phone.

sailboat

Postby sailboat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Got the package yesterday! Postmarked 1/11.

Nice package, and fun to access the email/ASW.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 am

^^ Same

sayornis

Postby sayornis » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:41 pm

^ Ditto that. So exciting!

sea15

Postby sea15 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:38 pm

I have seen some schools publish lists of all the jobs their recent classes got at graduation. I can't find anything like this for Harvard on their website. Still doing cost/benefit analyses. Has anyone found something like this?

caminante

Postby caminante » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 am

sea15 wrote:I have seen some schools publish lists of all the jobs their recent classes got at graduation. I can't find anything like this for Harvard on their website. Still doing cost/benefit analyses. Has anyone found something like this?

I found a little bit of information on the OCS website. http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/care ... index.html

The "About our students" section gives some general percentages. The FAQ section has a link to a database where you can search lawyers by alma mater. You could also try emailing the 1L2B account for more info.

If you learn anything new, let us know :)

P.S. is anyone else having trouble concentrating on anything else besides researching law school possibilities? Haha, how am I supposed to keep working this unrelated job for the next 6 months?

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:37 am

caminante wrote:
sea15 wrote:I have seen some schools publish lists of all the jobs their recent classes got at graduation. I can't find anything like this for Harvard on their website. Still doing cost/benefit analyses. Has anyone found something like this?

I found a little bit of information on the OCS website. http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/care ... index.html

The "About our students" section gives some general percentages. The FAQ section has a link to a database where you can search lawyers by alma mater. You could also try emailing the 1L2B account for more info.

P.S. is anyone else having trouble concentrating on anything else besides researching law school possibilities? Haha, how am I supposed to keep working this unrelated job for the next 6 months?

Me!! I am constantly researching and stalking TLS. It's beyond difficult to focus on work when I'm getting so excited about choosing a school.

sea15

Postby sea15 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:56 pm

nametaken wrote:
caminante wrote:

Me!! I am constantly researching and stalking TLS. It's beyond difficult to focus on work when I'm getting so excited about choosing a school.

+1. And I actually have a very busy job. Still finding time for TLS and every law school website. I think I have many of them memorized.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Anyone get (and loving) the emails from student groups and students?

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Curious1 wrote:Anyone get (and loving) the emails from student groups and students?

They've even been a little overwhelming. I got a few from profs, which was nice because they were all very eager to chat. I have been a little confused about some of the groups who've sent me stuff. (Well, mostly the Republican or conservative group, but I assume they just sent something to everyone? I hope I didn't accidentally check a box that would indicate my interest in that.)

soj

Postby soj » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 pm

kulshan wrote:
Curious1 wrote:Anyone get (and loving) the emails from student groups and students?

They've even been a little overwhelming. I got a few from profs, which was nice because they were all very eager to chat. I have been a little confused about some of the groups who've sent me stuff. (Well, mostly the Republican or conservative group, but I assume they just sent something to everyone? I hope I didn't accidentally check a box that would indicate my interest in that.)

I got one from a prof who didn't really introduce himself and only generically congratulated me, so I had no idea who it was until I googled him. :lol: I got plenty other ones that were super nice and informative, though.

annyong

Postby annyong » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 pm

kulshan wrote:

Haha defnitely haven't gotten any emails from Republican or conservative groups, maybe they know to stay away from me :P I've gotten and responded to ones from professors and students and have gotten some great information so far, and was actually surprised to see how quickly and thoroughly some of the faculty responded to my questions!

phl516

Postby phl516 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 pm

kulshan wrote:

Yea, I didn't respond to all (most) of them but I was interested to hear what they said. An alum who contacted me actually lives in the same city as I do, though, so we were able to meet up after work yesterday and had a really helpful conversation.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

phl516 wrote:
kulshan wrote:

Yea, I didn't respond to all (most) of them but I was interested to hear what they said. An alum who contacted me actually lives in the same city as I do, though, so we were able to meet up after work yesterday and had a really helpful conversation.

I haven't been responding to them yet, but I will soon. I also haven't heard from any professors yet, so definitely looking forward to that!

Really appreciate how they paired me up with a student from my UG and an international student.

Something really interesting I noticed was that a lot of the emails take the tone assuming I'll be matriculating. Such a Harvard thing to do :P

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 pm

I loved the emails! I got a bunch from student groups that I am actually really interested in, and also from a student who went to my UG which is pretty cool. I have to respond to the individual students but I love that Harvard is doing this. It's nice that they put in such an effort, given they have such a large class. Haven't heard from any profs yet either, though.

And I definitely did not get anything from the conservative group - haha.

caminante

Postby caminante » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I have gotten a few generic emails from student groups and a couple of emails from current students. It's really nice!

I want to respond to the students, but I don't know what to ask!

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:59 pm

caminante wrote:I have gotten a few generic emails from student groups and a couple of emails from current students. It's really nice!

Same.

snailio

Postby snailio » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:01 pm

kulshan wrote:

Oh sweet Jebus not the Republican or conservative group, I remember the day when they cornered me in a long dank dark hallway and said "ve vill vind you and ve vill make you tawk!!!....I was horrified but with my quick wit I asked how bout I just give you 5 bucks...they said ... k.

sea15

Postby sea15 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:01 pm

caminante wrote:I have gotten a few generic emails from student groups and a couple of emails from current students. It's really nice!

I replied to an alumni email to ask more detailed questions about the LIPP program. She personally hadn't used it, so she gave me the emails of 4 other alumni I could email and ask. It really showed dedication. And her contacts really pulled through and answered all my questions very thoroughly and gave me contacts at Harvard in the financial aid department who would be good to talk to as well. I was very impressed by this.

lizaregina

Postby lizaregina » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 pm

I haven't gotten any of these nice emails! Should I assume it's because I only got in last Thursday?

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:04 pm

lizaregina wrote:I haven't gotten any of these nice emails! Should I assume it's because I only got in last Thursday?

Yeah they take a while to come. You also have to set up your email first and everything when you receive your package.

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:08 pm

lizaregina wrote:I haven't gotten any of these nice emails! Should I assume it's because I only got in last Thursday?

I got in last Thursday too and am dying for my packet. Especially now, I want the e-mails!

sailboat

Postby sailboat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 pm

snailio wrote:
kulshan wrote:

Oh sweet Jebus not the Republican or conservative group, I remember the day when they cornered me in a long dank dark hallway and said "ve vill vind you and ve vill make you tawk!!!....I was horrified but with my quick wit I asked how bout I just give you 5 bucks...they said ... k.

+1

metaphobe

Postby metaphobe » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm

soj wrote:
kulshan wrote:

I got one from a prof who didn't really introduce himself and only generically congratulated me, so I had no idea who it was until I googled him. :lol: I got plenty other ones that were super nice and informative, though.

haha i think i know who you're talking about...three-sentence email with no signature?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”