In at Harvard Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which ASW are you going to attend?

March 3-5
31%
April 14-16
30%
None, I hate fun
25%
Both (is this even possible?)
7%
The obligatory other
8%

Total votes: 120

Curious1

Silver

Re: In at Harvard

Post by Curious1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:08 am

Doorkeeper wrote:For fellow WL admits, are the immunization and transcript stuff still due soon? I think on the 15th?
Transcript is the important thing. I don't think admissions cares too much about immunization. I just found out I still needed 6 shots and there's no way I'd get in before next month (because one of the vaccines takes 6 months to complete). They said it was fine.

carolcarolcarol

New

Post by carolcarolcarol » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Does admission email you when they receive your transcripts? I got an email saying my dean certification is there, but not for my transcript, which I have sent weeks ago.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm

carolcarolcarol wrote:Does admission email you when they receive your transcripts? I got an email saying my dean certification is there, but not for my transcript, which I have sent weeks ago.
no, check your status checker though.

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Post by Mista Bojangles » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:56 pm

sharktankdean wrote:For those who got in pre-WL, did u receive anything in the mail after u got the admission packet? Or is the packet all they send?
Earlier in this thread, people were posting about receiving a book authored by an HLS prof - apparently a book meant in some way to be tailored or appropriate to each admit's app/profile. Seems like a really fun (and classy) touch. Wonder if we'll still get those?

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 am

Mista Bojangles wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:For those who got in pre-WL, did u receive anything in the mail after u got the admission packet? Or is the packet all they send?
Earlier in this thread, people were posting about receiving a book authored by an HLS prof - apparently a book meant in some way to be tailored or appropriate to each admit's app/profile. Seems like a really fun (and classy) touch. Wonder if we'll still get those?

I don't know if this is going to happen, i think they were trying to impress those who got in before the deposit deadline...I would be nice to get a book though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:29 pm

sharktankdean wrote: I don't know if this is going to happen, i think they were trying to impress those who got in before the deposit deadline...I would be nice to get a book though.
You guys are not second-rate admits! If you ever feel like that, come back to the WL thread to behold the sadness and feel better :D

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Is Harvard still admitting off the WL?

Erdox

New

Post by Erdox » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Mista Bojangles wrote:
Admissions told me they are mailing me a book (in the distant future) so we'll get books! :D

Champion

Bronze

Post by Champion » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:16 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
carolcarolcarol wrote:Does admission email you when they receive your transcripts? I got an email saying my dean certification is there, but not for my transcript, which I have sent weeks ago.
Also, I sent my transcript in and didn't hear anything back and the box wasn't checked off on my status checker. I called admissions and was given an email of someone to follow up with. That person's response was that they received the transcript and that it would take some time before the transcript reached my file and shows up on my status check since my deposit was just received. So, I would give it some time before becoming alarmed. My status still hasn't changed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Champion wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
Also, I sent my transcript in and didn't hear anything back and the box wasn't checked off on my status checker. I called admissions and was given an email of someone to follow up with. That person's response was that they received the transcript and that it would take some time before the transcript reached my file and shows up on my status check since my deposit was just received. So, I would give it some time before becoming alarmed. My status still hasn't changed.
You should get an email at your harvard email address that they've received the transcript.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Champion wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
You should get an email at your harvard email address that they've received the transcript.
not for me...i didnt get email confirmation but my status checker changed. Look guys, stop worrying..if you get an email from the clearinghouse that they sent the transcript, im sure hls has gotten them

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 pm

I haven't gotten anything checked off on the status except tuition deposit, but I'm guessing it will be fine.

How/when do we submit our first semester term bill? Also, does the health care plan start Aug 1?

weathervane

New

Post by weathervane » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 am

Hey, I posted this question in the waitlist thread but didn't get any responses.
For people who got off of the waitlist in that big wave, what do you see on your status check? Do you have check marks for your "all official final transcripts received" and "all college certifications received" lines yet?
Thanks!
Edit: Phew, I see other people are talking about this too here, but any more insights would be great. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:43 am

So, after a moment of panic I finally applied for my GradPlus loans this morning. It says it should take no more than two weeks for the office to process these. For those of you who also applied for these supplemental loans, is this an accurate time estimation? /paranoid.

arez

New

Post by arez » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 am

One more Gradplus loan question: do we need to apply for the loan at the beginning of the academic year or can we apply at any time? I am considering waiting to apply until spring semester bill is due but am not sure if that's possible.

Now

New

Post by Now » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey! Was accepted to HLS off the wait list and am struggling to find housing...does anyone still need a roommate? Also, will someone please let me know how to join the HLS fb group? I would be happy to email you from my HLS account if that would help.
Thanks so much!

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:13 am

Now wrote:Hey! Was accepted to HLS off the wait list and am struggling to find housing...does anyone still need a roommate? Also, will someone please let me know how to join the HLS fb group? I would be happy to email you from my HLS account if that would help.
Thanks so much!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/297709636972016/

Request to join. Officials will confirm you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Now

New

Post by Now » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 am

Curious1 wrote: http://www.facebook.com/groups/297709636972016/

Request to join. Officials will confirm you.
Thanks!

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Post by Mista Bojangles » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Anyone know if appealing financial aid determinations is a realistic possibility at all? I got my aid package today, and it includes a whopping $0 in grant aid. I'm penniless at the moment, and my parents are in difficult shape financially. I'm not sure how they do their determinations, but on paper I'm almost certain I should appear to have a high relative amount of need (I received a ton of need-based aid for undergraduate, etc). Should I call the office and ask what gives?

Edit: never mind - just received a second email saying they never received a supplementary document from my parents, so I guess they defaulted to $0 grant aid until/unless they get it. Hopefully this will resolve itself with that.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Got a book today!

Feeling less like a second class citizen!

Charmer

New

Post by Charmer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:19 am

Checking in. Living off-campus, if the landlady ever emails me back.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

marcellus

Bronze

Post by marcellus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:46 am

Charmer wrote:Checking in. Living off-campus, if the landlady ever emails me back.
Just admitted off the wait list?

spyke123

Bronze

Post by spyke123 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 pm

is anyone still looking for affordable housing?
I am looking for someone to take over my lease in central square (one subway stop from havard/a 15mins walk)
rent is 705/mo, lease runs from 9/1 to 6/1

PM if youre interested!

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am

When do you guys think our section assignment will be sent out?

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 am

deluxe wrote:When do you guys think our section assignment will be sent out?

Looking at last year's thread, it appears they got theirs on August 10th....So I'm guessing we will get ours sometime next week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”