In at Harvard Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Which ASW are you going to attend?

March 3-5
31%
April 14-16
30%
None, I hate fun
25%
Both (is this even possible?)
7%
The obligatory other
8%

Total votes: 120

gameday12

New

Re: In at Harvard

Post by gameday12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:04 pm

sharktankdean wrote:I hope this is not too dumb ...but the college certification letter is the thing you are mean to hand to the dean, right?
Generally speaking, yes,but depending on your undergrad the dean may or may not actually fill out the form. At my undergrad for example, I have to send it to career services and my pre-law advisor fills it out.

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:22 pm

deluxe wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Is there anyone in the June 14th acceptance pile who has yet to receive their admissions packet? I worry cuz im leaving the country tommorrow and I havent received it yet. Is there a way to pay the deposit online?
We three in China haven't receive our packet yet.
Nothing yet for me(in Toronto, Canada)

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm

gameday12 wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:I hope this is not too dumb ...but the college certification letter is the thing you are mean to hand to the dean, right?
Generally speaking, yes,but depending on your undergrad the dean may or may not actually fill out the form. At my undergrad for example, I have to send it to career services and my pre-law advisor fills it out.

thanks

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Anyone try to extend deadline yet? Thinking of doing it since I'm waiting for thee package and will need to see the fa before making decision.

gameday12

New

Post by gameday12 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Peabody Terrace has a two bedroom available for anyone who cares to know

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk641

Bronze

Post by bk641 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:39 am

it's gone

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 am

Hey, does anyone know the median fin aid award (without loans) HLS awards? I saw somewhere that they are the stingiest out of YHS..not sure if this is true.

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 am

sharktankdean wrote:Hey, does anyone know the median fin aid award (without loans) HLS awards? I saw somewhere that they are the stingiest out of YHS..not sure if this is true.
median is ~19500.
But my friend got more from HLS (~28500) than YLS a couple of years ago. He is the only instance whose FA package I know.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:42 pm

rotaxkarter wrote:Anyone try to extend deadline yet? Thinking of doing it since I'm waiting for thee package and will need to see the fa before making decision.
I just arrived in Southern Africa and my roommate let me know that my package arrived in Toronto yesterday. haha such perfect timing :/

So i have to mail it in right? there's absolutely no way to accept/pay deposit online??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:43 pm

curiouscat wrote:Oh... oops. Oh my. I meant to PM that to fingerscrossed. Curiouscat + technology is never a good combination. :oops:
haha I'm sorry to have missed all this hhahaha :D

Syme

New

Post by Syme » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:47 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
So i have to mail it in right? there's absolutely no way to accept/pay deposit online??
call them. explain your situation. given my dealings with the office to this point, I would be astounded if you actually had anything to worry about.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Syme wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
call them. explain your situation. given my dealings with the office to this point, I would be astounded if you actually had anything to worry about.
kk. will do! thanks :)

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:34 pm

has anyone had success setting up their harvard email on their iphone that wants to help a usually not technologically illiterate person out?

jk I somehow figured it out without realizing that it worked. again, what am I doing at harvard.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Syme wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
so I've tried calling them like three times today, no answer. this is rather frustrating :(

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Syme wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
so I've tried calling them like three times today, no answer. this is rather frustrating :(

You might have called during their lunch break..keep trying especially between 3-4pm their time. You prob want to get this settled b4 today since the deadline is deposit deadline is Monday.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:17 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
You might have called during their lunch break..keep trying especially between 3-4pm their time. You prob want to get this settled b4 today since the deadline is deposit deadline is Monday.
Yea I'll keep trying, esp seeing as Monday is soon. I'm just hoping they won't want me to send an actual money order.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Does anyone know if there's a delay between them receiving the deposit and them posting it on your status checker?

I'm being paranoid and not withdrawing from my other school until I see the check mark...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Post by Mista Bojangles » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Does anyone know if there's a delay between them receiving the deposit and them posting it on your status checker?

I'm being paranoid and not withdrawing from my other school until I see the check mark...
You should get a confirmation email to your HLS email as soon as they receive the deposit (in my case, I sent the check with regular postage from CA on Tuesday and got the confirmation email on Thursday morning, so realistically they must have sent the email pretty immediately after receiving it).

Not sure about the status checker timing.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
Yea I'll keep trying, esp seeing as Monday is soon. I'm just hoping they won't want me to send an actual money order.
Finally got through after trying aa few hundred times haha. Apparently they will need an actual money order, but its fine as it just needs to be postmarked by July 2nd. So all is well, sending that off today. Ok, things are starting to happen!

potl

Bronze

Post by potl » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Mista Bojangles wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Does anyone know if there's a delay between them receiving the deposit and them posting it on your status checker?

You should get a confirmation email to your HLS email as soon as they receive the deposit (in my case, I sent the check with regular postage from CA on Tuesday and got the confirmation email on Thursday morning, so realistically they must have sent the email pretty immediately after receiving it).

Not sure about the status checker timing.
Interesting. I sent it Wednesday morning from a much closer area and haven't heard anything yet. Now I'm kind of anxious. I'll call on Monday, I guess.

deluxe

New

Post by deluxe » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi my admission packet doesn't contain any envelope either, but I have to mail the form by Monday. I need your help with the following info:
I will be using an airmail envelope. Is the address of the law school admission office the recipient address of the letter? Is "Harvard Law School" the recipient of my check? Is there any other thing that I have to write on the check or envelope? I hear that LSAT # should be noted somewhere, but not sure on the check or envelope.
I really appreciate your input.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 pm

deluxe wrote:Hi my admission packet doesn't contain any envelope either, but I have to mail the form by Monday. I need your help with the following info:
I will be using an airmail envelope. Is the address of the law school admission office the recipient address of the letter? Is "Harvard Law School" the recipient of my check? Is there any other thing that I have to write on the check or envelope? I hear that LSAT # should be noted somewhere, but not sure on the check or envelope.
I really appreciate your input.
Harvard law school is the recipient, and it just says your name and/or LSAT number should be on the check if I remember correctly. Don't know the address bc it's printed on the envelope =\ since you're presumably going to mail it on Monday you could just call and ask or email the admitted email address?

yansky22

New

Post by yansky22 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Has it taken a really long time for them to confirm they got a transcript from anyone else? Sent mine in almost 3 weeks ago and still nothing. It took a while for my dean's cert too though so I don't know if it's time to worry yet...

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:44 pm

how do we get the HLS email on our iPhones?

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:49 pm

neuropol wrote:how do we get the HLS email on our iPhones?
Log into your mail. Click options in top right corner. Under mail management click pop3 and smtp setup. That gives you the info to put in your phone.

On your phone:

Settings->Mail->Add Account

Pick the Pop option at the top if it shows up.

Name: (Your Name)
Email: Your HLS email
Description: Your choice

Incoming Mail server:
Hostname: whatever is listed next to pop3 server on the mail website
Username: your HLS email
Password: your password

Outgoing mail server
SMTP: whatever is listed next to that on the site

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!