IN AT BERKELEY LAW C/O 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
agalang

Re: IN AT BERKELEY LAW C/O 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby agalang » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:18 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:This will probably bring up more issues than it settles, but stats? Why are you the ONE they call on Saturday?

Sorry, don't feel comfortable about posting stats on here.

In all honesty, I was just as surprised to receive the call as you. Like, literally surfing the web and then my phone rings w/ some random number showing up. Surprised? Yes, because it IS a Saturday evening. Skeptical? Not remotely.

And honestly, I have ZERO reason to come on here and lie.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:05 am

The reason I call bullshit is this: you feel comfortable posting that the dean personally called you and at what time he did so but you don't feel comfortable posting your numbers? Like that's gonna give away the ballgame? Wouldn't the dean remember who he personally called so haven't you already outed yourself?

agalang

Postby agalang » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:37 am

The section of the forum is called "acceptances, denials, and waitlists" not "share your numbers". TLS has been a GREAT resource for me but not once have I shared any component of my application (GPA, LSAT, PS) because I never did feel comfortable sharing that much detailed information about myself over a forum...and I still don't, so sue me. Dean Tom is known to make personal acceptance calls. I got a call. I'm not going to argue with anyone about me getting in; if people think it's BS I can't control that.

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:55 am

agalang wrote:The section of the forum is called "acceptances, denials, and waitlists" not "share your numbers". TLS has been a GREAT resource for me but not once have I shared any component of my application (GPA, LSAT, PS) because I never did feel comfortable sharing that much detailed information about myself over a forum...and I still don't, so sue me. Dean Tom is known to make personal acceptance calls. I got a call. I'm not going to argue with anyone about me getting in; if people think it's BS I can't control that.

To paraphrase Limp Bizkit: "Keep trollin', trollin', trollin', trollin'...."

FLAME

IBTL

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 pm

agalang wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:This will probably bring up more issues than it settles, but stats? Why are you the ONE they call on Saturday?

In all honesty, I was just as surprised to receive the call as you. Like, literally surfing the web and then my phone rings w/ some random number showing up. Surprised? Yes, because it IS a Saturday evening. Skeptical? Not remotely.

I would be suspicious that a "friend" had called me and was pulling a prank. If you are for real, then I would call the admissions office to confirm that you are indeed in at Berkeley.

Samara

Postby Samara » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:33 pm

stephinmd wrote:
agalang wrote:

I would be suspicious that a "friend" had called me and was pulling a prank. If you are for real, then I would call the admissions office to confirm that you are indeed in at Berkeley.

lol, scooped. I like that we had the same idea. Kind of makes me want to try it...

Hopefully2012

Postby Hopefully2012 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 pm

agalang wrote:The section of the forum is called "acceptances, denials, and waitlists" not "share your numbers". TLS has been a GREAT resource for me but not once have I shared any component of my application (GPA, LSAT, PS) because I never did feel comfortable sharing that much detailed information about myself over a forum...and I still don't, so sue me. Dean Tom is known to make personal acceptance calls. I got a call. I'm not going to argue with anyone about me getting in; if people think it's BS I can't control that.

So your numbers in your profile is just BS?

GPA: 3.9
LSDAS GPA: 3.8
Major(s): Communication Studies
Undergrad Institution: UCLA
Application Year: 2011

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:45 pm

agalang wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Um...I'm skeptical.

1). No one on LSN has reported any response from Berkeley.
2). No one else on TLS has reported any response from Berkeley.
3). Phone call on Saturday evening?

This needs further substantiation for me to believe Berkeley is releasing decisions.

1). No one on LSN has reported any response from Berkeley. - LSN is not Berkeley
2). No one else on TLS has reported any response from Berkeley. - TLS is not Berkeley
3). Phone call on Saturday evening? - Dean Tom can use his phone whenever he wants

Here's to a great start to my cycle :) Good luck to everyone else as well!!

No wonder you were admitted to Berkeley, u so observant!

But, yeah, I don't believe you.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Samara wrote:
stephinmd wrote:
agalang wrote:

lol, scooped. I like that we had the same idea. Kind of makes me want to try it...

aww, don't be cruel :wink:

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:00 pm

am I still a dick if OP is trolling about getting into Boalt?

kwais

Postby kwais » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Maybe OP is trolling, maybe not, but saying that OP is the only "one" is stupid. Not every Berkeley applicant is on TLS. Many people at my school have never heard of TLS. Same goes for LSN. There are 300-400 applicants for many top schools on LSN right now. How many do you think have actually applied?
And C3, absolutely.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 pm

c3pO4 wrote:am I still a dick if OP is trolling about getting into Boalt?

Yes. Your comment was shitty independent of OP's trolling.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Meh, most Boalties do find jobs. But, I found your comment more sarcastic than serious, so I wasn't too offended. I just thought you were trying to be funny.

Also, would this person be the star of the application pile? So fantastic as to receive a phone call from Dean Tom's home?

agalang wrote:
Sorry if this is question makes me come off as a total noob but I'm putting together my resume and while I have enough to fill about about a page and a half worth, I'm realizing that none of my softs are extraordinary (internships here and there, awards, schollys, some research assistant positions, etc.) That being said, I know that law schools really only "care" about true leadership positions/organizer of charity events, and the like. Would it be total suicide if I were to include ASB President and Valedictorian from HS? Honestly, I really have no reason to add those other than the fact that I simply didn't have "titles" in college...

Also, the last time I held a true paying job was four years ago, when I was still in hs. I mostly interned and volunteered all throughout college. Should I put that work experience on my resume just to show that I've at least held one job? I mean, I was a hostess at an Italian restaurant so it wasn't anything spectacular. What do you guys think?

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161375&p=4630799#p4630799

Also, OP lied about not posting stats.

I don't believe you.

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 pm

OP is obviously lying or was the victim of a cruel/hilarious prank.

MikulJaxin

Postby MikulJaxin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Omg!!!! Dean Tom called me at 10 PM from his house and after we had phone sex for 8 hours straight he finally told me that I got in!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this poster? If you're gonna make up that you got in at least do so with a more plausible story. Don't be the girl openly talking about having accomplished practically nothing and with an LSDAS GPA that isn't that impressive with Berkeley's statistics.... On top of that no law school is going to call people at 10 PM on a Saturday night.

There's dozens of people who are anxious about hopefully hearing from Berkeley this upcoming week. Instead of plotting how to mess with people on a Saturday night why don't you go actually hang out with friends....?

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:

Meh, most Boalties do find jobs. But, I found your comment more sarcastic than serious, so I wasn't too offended. I just thought you were trying to be funny.

Also, would this person be the star of the application pile? So fantastic as to receive a phone call from Dean Tom's home?

agalang wrote:
Sorry if this is question makes me come off as a total noob but I'm putting together my resume and while I have enough to fill about about a page and a half worth, I'm realizing that none of my softs are extraordinary (internships here and there, awards, schollys, some research assistant positions, etc.) That being said, I know that law schools really only "care" about true leadership positions/organizer of charity events, and the like. Would it be total suicide if I were to include ASB President and Valedictorian from HS? Honestly, I really have no reason to add those other than the fact that I simply didn't have "titles" in college...

Also, the last time I held a true paying job was four years ago, when I was still in hs. I mostly interned and volunteered all throughout college. Should I put that work experience on my resume just to show that I've at least held one job? I mean, I was a hostess at an Italian restaurant so it wasn't anything spectacular. What do you guys think?

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161375&p=4630799#p4630799

Also, OP lied about not posting stats.

I don't believe you.

wonderful detective work. In case anyone didn't read the tl;dr version is:
trolls be trollin

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:wonderful detective work. In case anyone didn't read the tl;dr version is:
trolls be trollin

Thanks, and true that.

IBTL.

Postby 071816 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Wait, so OP is a cunt?

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:46 am

MikulJaxin wrote:Omg!!!! Dean Tom called me at 10 PM from his house and after we had phone sex for 8 hours straight he finally told me that I got in!!!!!!!!!

Quality first post.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 am

FryBreadPower wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:Omg!!!! Dean Tom called me at 10 PM from his house and after we had phone sex for 8 hours straight he finally told me that I got in!!!!!!!!!

Quality first post.

+1 Didn't even notice it was first post.

Cavgirl

Postby Cavgirl » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Is this nonsense still here?

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 pm

edit

chup

Postby chup » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:17 pm

That's enough of that.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”