UNLV 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PolySuyGuy

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby PolySuyGuy » Tue May 29, 2012 4:41 pm

gaud wrote:For real? He was awesome

bottom of the page

Nathan Neely

jpjpporter

Postby jpjpporter » Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm

For those of you on the waitlist there is hope. I was accepted last year off the wait list and know a couple other students that were as well. Good luck to all of you still waiting, Boyd is a great place to go to school!

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 am

jpjpporter wrote:For those of you on the waitlist there is hope. I was accepted last year off the wait list and know a couple other students that were as well. Good luck to all of you still waiting, Boyd is a great place to go to school!

When were you accepted off the waitlist?

jpjpporter

Postby jpjpporter » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
jpjpporter wrote:For those of you on the waitlist there is hope. I was accepted last year off the wait list and know a couple other students that were as well. Good luck to all of you still waiting, Boyd is a great place to go to school!

When were you accepted off the waitlist?

I was accepted towards the end of May but I know a few guys that were not accepted off the waitlist until late July. Good luck!

ensign85

Postby ensign85 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Any waitlist news?

ashen

Postby ashen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm

ensign85 wrote:Any waitlist news?

Got an email from Director Eden today regarding my law school plans.
Not absolutely sure as to the intent of the email but I'm guessing it's to gauge whether or not I'm still interested.
Can't really count this as news regarding the wait list but at least it's some form of communication.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 pm

ashen wrote:

Not absolutely sure as to the intent of the email but I'm guessing it's to gauge whether or not I'm still interested.
Can't really count this as news regarding the wait list but at least it's some form of communication.

UNLV has a problem right now. They really don't know how many students they are going to have enroll in three weeks (to the day).
They are contacting us admitted students almost everyday trying to gauge our interest. They are even threatening us with not allowing us to register if we do not jump their hurdles to show intent to matriculate.

I assume they are getting the waitlist prepared to move since registration starts on Friday. However, the reality of it is that I could have every or no intention of matriculating and they can't do anything about until the first day of orientation August 15th.
If I don't show up on August 15th they can rescind my acceptance, but until then it is wait and see for them.

I hope this helps you and/or anyone else on UNLV waitlist.

montanamoose

Postby montanamoose » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:47 am

PolySuyGuy wrote:
ashen wrote:

UNLV has a problem right now. They really don't know how many students they are going to have enroll in three weeks (to the day).
They are contacting us admitted students almost everyday trying to gauge our interest. They are even threatening us with not allowing us to register if we do not jump their hurdles to show intent to matriculate.

I assume they are getting the waitlist prepared to move since registration starts on Friday. However, the reality of it is that I could have every or no intention of matriculating and they can't do anything about until the first day of orientation August 15th.
If I don't show up on August 15th they can rescind my acceptance, but until then it is wait and see for them.

I hope this helps you and/or anyone else on UNLV waitlist.

I really hope you are right! I spoke with some staff at Boyd last week and they said they don't anticipate having to go to the waitlist this year. I really hope I am wrong, I would love to get that phone call!

mondayx

Postby mondayx » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:19 pm

What types of "hurdles" are you facing?

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Withdrew from UNLV today. Full scholarship available.

Maybe I will sell it to the highest bidder.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”