UNLV 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AZWhitebread
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby AZWhitebread » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:09 am

Observant_Poster wrote:
AZWhitebread wrote:Just got my packet in the mail. Full ride. Looks like i might end up in vegas!


Can you post/pm me your numbers? and when you sent your app please!

and Congrats!


I'm assuming your username is sarcastic. My numbers are a few posts up.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby PolySuyGuy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

AZWhitebread wrote:Just got my packet in the mail. Full ride. Looks like i might end up in vegas!



Full ride instate or out of state?

Stipulations?

AZWhitebread
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby AZWhitebread » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Out of state for the first year, in state for the rest. It only takes a year to get residency, so that won't be a problem.

Stipulation is top 1/3rd of the class. Anyone know if UNLV is ever willing to remove stipulations? It seems like at least half class gets some sort of scholarship, and from what i've read, all have this stipulation, meaning someone's losing their scholarship after the first year.

CaptAdams
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby CaptAdams » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Heard that one of their adcomms took a new job, so expect responses to slow down (even more than they already are?).

asanborn
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby asanborn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm

Got the scholarship letter today. Full-ride, in-state with the 1/3 stip.

Chael615
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby Chael615 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:39 am

Sorry guys, haven't been on in a while. Here are my stats. 3.2 LSDAS GPA, 160 LSAT. Half-scholarship with the 1.3 stip. I have a few soft factors working for me though. While I am not a minority, I was in the U.S. Marine Corps for four years, I am a little older (33), and I have been fairly successful career-wise to this point. My UNLV GPA (undergrad) is a 3.93 My 3.2 is because I stopped going to class back in the fall of 1996 without dropping the classes. I received a 0 GPA for 14 credits taken. My transfer GPA was only a 3.1 also.

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone.

asanborn
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby asanborn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:26 am

Anybody planning on going to the Admitted Student Reception on March 3rd?

AZWhitebread
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby AZWhitebread » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:56 pm

Chael615 wrote:Sorry guys, haven't been on in a while. Here are my stats. 3.2 LSDAS GPA, 160 LSAT. Half-scholarship with the 1.3 stip. I have a few soft factors working for me though. While I am not a minority, I was in the U.S. Marine Corps for four years, I am a little older (33), and I have been fairly successful career-wise to this point. My UNLV GPA (undergrad) is a 3.93 My 3.2 is because I stopped going to class back in the fall of 1996 without dropping the classes. I received a 0 GPA for 14 credits taken. My transfer GPA was only a 3.1 also.

Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone.


That's nuts. My LSAC GPA is 3.0. I got out of the Army after 4 years in 2010, and for the last 2 years have a 3.9. Looks like they take upward trends into consideration. Did you write an addendum about you GPA?

Chael615
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby Chael615 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm

I did write an addendum about my GPA. I just explained that I had just enlisted in the USMC and was focused on getting ready for that instead of going to school. I explained that I wasn't knowledgeable about the process of dropping classes. This was the fall of 1996, so it has been awhile. I went back to that same community college after getting my honorable discharge and graduated (AA) with a 3.1 GPA. My UNLV GPA is 3.93 with just this semester to go. The admissions committee probably realized that my GPA over the last 2 1/2 years (3.93) is more indicative of my abilities than my GPA from 15 (0.0) or even 10 (3.1) years ago.

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby ensign85 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 am

Submitted over the weekend. Good luck to those still waiting!

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby FinallyGoing » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Any updates?

CaptAdams
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby CaptAdams » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:51 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:Any updates?

I heard the bulk of the decisions will come out now to mid-April.

mgold653
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby mgold653 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 pm

I accepted their offer of admission today. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby PolySuyGuy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:59 pm

mgold653 wrote:I accepted their offer of admission today. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!


did you go to their admitted student day?

mgold653
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby mgold653 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
mgold653 wrote:I accepted their offer of admission today. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!


did you go to their admitted student day?


Yes, I did.

CaptAdams
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby CaptAdams » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Anyone know when the seat deposit deadline is?

mgold653
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby mgold653 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:47 pm

CaptAdams wrote:Anyone know when the seat deposit deadline is?


I believe it's April 2nd

montanamoose
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby montanamoose » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm

I wish they would let us still waiting know! Most decisions are mid april though right?

I may be wasting some deposit money!

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby PolySuyGuy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:07 pm

montanamoose wrote:I wish they would let us still waiting know! Most decisions are mid april though right?

I may be wasting some deposit money!



My take is that UNLV threw a lot of money around. I am curious how many people will actually turn them down. I don't know for sure but it seems most people will take a full ride at UNLV over sticker at Davis or USC. Time will tell.

montanamoose
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby montanamoose » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 am

Any news this week for anyone? Did everyone's status go DR before receiving acceptance/rejection?

christinaco1
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:39 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby christinaco1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:36 pm

i applied a couple of days before the deadline, went in review almost simultaneously, received the acceptance email within a week, and then a scholarship offer a couple days after in the admissions packet. good luck to those still waiting!

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby PolySuyGuy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:28 pm

christinaco1 wrote:i applied a couple of days before the deadline, went in review almost simultaneously, received the acceptance email within a week, and then a scholarship offer a couple days after in the admissions packet. good luck to those still waiting!


What kind of scholarship did you get? Instate or out of state?

montanamoose
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby montanamoose » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:08 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
christinaco1 wrote:i applied a couple of days before the deadline, went in review almost simultaneously, received the acceptance email within a week, and then a scholarship offer a couple days after in the admissions packet. good luck to those still waiting!


What kind of scholarship did you get? Instate or out of state?



X2

montanamoose
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby montanamoose » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Any news today? We have to start hearing something soon!

CaptAdams
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 am

Re: UNLV 2012

Postby CaptAdams » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:36 am

montanamoose wrote:Any news today? We have to start hearing something soon!

Yes. Got admitted today. GL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”