Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LawperaMan
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby LawperaMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:27 pm

In Review: 11/18, 1/26, 1/30, 1/31, 2/1, 2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 2/23

They are nothing if not thorough in their review of my application.

parebare23
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby parebare23 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 pm

LawperaMan wrote:In Review: 11/18, 1/26, 1/30, 1/31, 2/1, 2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 2/23

They are nothing if not thorough in their review of my application.


Wow. Thats insane.

User avatar
specialsnowflake
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby specialsnowflake » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:31 pm

LawperaMan wrote:In Review: 11/18, 1/26, 1/30, 1/31, 2/1, 2/3, 2/7, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 2/23

They are nothing if not thorough in their review of my application.


This is what happened with me. Recently waitlisted and withdrew. Goodluck though!

jozzy22
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby jozzy22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:33 pm

I've been "ready for review" since 1/5 (the day December scores were released) I have applied to 23 schools this is one of three I haven't heard from... bizarre

User avatar
ix88
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby ix88 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Do they also notify you via email?

mmhmmjc
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby mmhmmjc » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 pm

ix88 wrote:Do they also notify you via email?

i only got a mail package

User avatar
ix88
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby ix88 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:07 pm

mmhmmjc wrote:
ix88 wrote:Do they also notify you via email?

i only got a mail package


Thank you. I guess I will have to check my status checker at least once a day on weekdays then.

SomethingSpecial
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby SomethingSpecial » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:46 am

I'm still in review as of 2/2. :(

B986
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby B986 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does BLS do an ASD or similar? I know they offer "BLS Infovisit" on Tuesdays and Fridays, but is there any more formal open house?

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby z0rk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Just withdrew from the waitlist for PT.

Good luck to everyone, especially those waitlisted!

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby TIKITEMBO » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 am

Should post here so I get the thread updates. :D

155ish/3.7ish non-URM lots of WE and community involvement that is PI related.

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby iceicebaby » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 am

SomethingSpecial wrote:I'm still in review as of 2/2. :(


I've been in review since December... this is getting to be ridiculous. They aren't even worth me sending a LOCI honestly.

jlz111
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby jlz111 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Went to the school and self guide myself through the building and neighborhood .. It was old and ugly. I went to Cardozo the day before. I was very turned off by Brooklyn.

z0rk
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby z0rk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:52 pm

iceicebaby wrote:
SomethingSpecial wrote:I'm still in review as of 2/2. :(


I've been in review since December... this is getting to be ridiculous. They aren't even worth me sending a LOCI honestly.



Dont take it to heart, they don't have an application fee and they are located in NYC. They receive a high volume of applications and it takes them a long time to get through review.

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby iceicebaby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 am

z0rk wrote:
iceicebaby wrote:
SomethingSpecial wrote:I'm still in review as of 2/2. :(


I've been in review since December... this is getting to be ridiculous. They aren't even worth me sending a LOCI honestly.



Dont take it to heart, they don't have an application fee and they are located in NYC. They receive a high volume of applications and it takes them a long time to get through review.


This is very true. I suppose no news is good news for now!

lmrt
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby lmrt » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 pm

jlz111 wrote:Went to the school and self guide myself through the building and neighborhood .. It was old and ugly. I went to Cardozo the day before. I was very turned off by Brooklyn.


Don't let the immediate neighborhood turn you off, it's in very high traffic, industrial area. Carroll Gardens, an exceptionally green and appealing neighborhood is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. Park Slope, similarly very nice, is only about a 25 minute walk, or about 3 subway stops away.

SomethingSpecial
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby SomethingSpecial » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I got in this morning!

User avatar
iceicebaby
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby iceicebaby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm

lmrt wrote:
jlz111 wrote:Went to the school and self guide myself through the building and neighborhood .. It was old and ugly. I went to Cardozo the day before. I was very turned off by Brooklyn.


Don't let the immediate neighborhood turn you off, it's in very high traffic, industrial area. Carroll Gardens, an exceptionally green and appealing neighborhood is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. Park Slope, similarly very nice, is only about a 25 minute walk, or about 3 subway stops away.


TITCR. Dumbo and Cobble Hill are bit more expensive but on the nicer side as well. Personally I love Park Slope. Another underrated neighborhood for the money is Bay Ridge, but it is a bit further away.
Last edited by iceicebaby on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawStudent89
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby LawStudent89 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:02 pm

iceicebaby wrote:
lmrt wrote:
jlz111 wrote:Went to the school and self guide myself through the building and neighborhood .. It was old and ugly. I went to Cardozo the day before. I was very turned off by Brooklyn.


Don't let the immediate neighborhood turn you off, it's in very high traffic, industrial area. Carroll Gardens, an exceptionally green and appealing neighborhood is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. Park Slope, similarly very nice, is only about a 25 minute walk, or about 3 subway stops away.


TITCR. Dumbo and Cobble Hill are bit more expensive but on the nicer side as well. Personally I love Park Slope.


My friend goes to SUNY Downstate Medical School and lives in Park Slope. Have to say, I personally find it to be the nicest place in the five.

User avatar
AssociateX
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby AssociateX » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Good luck, future BLS'ers and if you want a good dose of reality - do not hesitate to stop over at JDUnderground.com for the skinny on post-law school options!

lharriman9
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby lharriman9 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Just got waitlisted today, anyone have any idea what the stats are on waitlist acceptances?

Thanks!

User avatar
CwallXC322
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby CwallXC322 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Withdrawing my application. Good luck to all waitlisters!

lharriman9
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby lharriman9 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 am

CwallXC322 wrote:Withdrawing my application. Good luck to all waitlisters!


Thanks! We appreciate it!

genius5432
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby genius5432 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Just got a call from someone at Brooklyn Law inviting me to Accepted Students Day next Wednesday. I can't imagine I'm the only one who received the call today, but the short notice is disappointing.

courtneysoliday
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 am

Re: Brooklyn Law School C/O 2015

Postby courtneysoliday » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm

My application is under review, but under "Fees" it now has Housing Deposit, Tuition Downpayment, etc. Does this mean anything? or does everyone's say this when you go under review?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anrf1225, canafsa, Giro423, jjcorvino, joezze, Keilz, longsh0305, lsa16, mccracal, Sawtooth, Smc1994, ThorB, tlsfan13, townizm, xholdman, xnsch and 36 guests