Utah 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
claymore5
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby claymore5 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Accepted last night via phone call, as well. Call came about 6 p.m.

User avatar
15 to 32
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby 15 to 32 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:21 pm

to the two of you that have been accepted:

first, congratulations!

second, when did you apply?

and third, if you care to share, what were your LSAT and GPA numbers?

gannoncs
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby gannoncs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Accepted with 163, 3.72. Anyone know about scholarships? I didn't talk to the guy, just listened to the voicemail and don't really have time to call back

gannoncs
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby gannoncs » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Applied way back in October, annoying that they waived my app fee months after I had already paid

claymore5
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby claymore5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:16 pm

162/3.61, applied in mid-November. Dean Aguilar said that a second committee will decide scholarships sometime in February.

imadude
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby imadude » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:37 pm

claymore5 wrote:162/3.61, applied in mid-November. Dean Aguilar said that a second committee will decide scholarships sometime in February.


Did he say anything about LGBT schollies?

claymore5
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby claymore5 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 am

No, but I hear they have a strong focus on those at Gtown.

imadude
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby imadude » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:23 am

claymore5 wrote:No, but I hear they have a strong focus on those at Gtown.


I hope you applied there, then.

aidanm2
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby aidanm2 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:09 pm

been in review since 1/3, wondering if anyone knows how long it took for admission decision to be made

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:42 pm

Just got in via voicemail. Complete in early November.

aidanm2
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby aidanm2 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:44 pm

how long in review?

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:49 pm

aidanm2 wrote:how long in review?

I think my first under review date was like 11/15. Then it updated to 1/19.

aidanm2
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby aidanm2 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 pm

great, congrats man.

User avatar
zx92027xz
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby zx92027xz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 pm

acceptance call came today at 5pm central. Acceptance letters will be mailed out tomorrow. Information packets will be mailed out on Wednesday.

Notes:
Merit based scholarship information mailed by March 5
Admitted student day March 26
Open Houses on February 29 and late April.

Students can gain in-state residency status after 40 semester hours and establishing ties to Utah (drivers license and car registered.) The Dean said that the first year out-of-state students are advised to take 10 hours over the summer (open enrollment, no out-of-state fee) so that the second two years will be at in-state tuition costs.

Edit: typo

jenkswarrior
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 am

Re: Utah 2012

Postby jenkswarrior » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 am

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I got the U's acceptance call last week, to me it was great news and I'm seriously considering attending. I've got mediocre numbers so I wanted to encourage everybody else who's in the same boat.
Last edited by jenkswarrior on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

landla
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby landla » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:58 pm

zx92027xz wrote:acceptance call came today at 5pm central. Acceptance letters will be mailed out tomorrow. Information packets will be mailed out on Wednesday.

Notes:
Merit based scholarship information mailed by March 5
Admitted student day March 26
Open Houses on February 29 and late April.

Students can gain in-state residency status after 40 semester hours and establishing ties to Utah (drivers license and car registered.) The Dean said that the first year out-of-state students are advised to take 10 hours over the summer (open enrollment, no out-of-state fee) so that the second two years will be at in-state tuition costs.

Edit: typo


Great information - esp on the summer hours for in-state, thanks. Any news on a stipend for those of us possibly (hopefully) attending and traveling from far away?

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby YankeeFan2 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm

landla wrote:
zx92027xz wrote:acceptance call came today at 5pm central. Acceptance letters will be mailed out tomorrow. Information packets will be mailed out on Wednesday.

Notes:
Merit based scholarship information mailed by March 5
Admitted student day March 26
Open Houses on February 29 and late April.

Students can gain in-state residency status after 40 semester hours and establishing ties to Utah (drivers license and car registered.) The Dean said that the first year out-of-state students are advised to take 10 hours over the summer (open enrollment, no out-of-state fee) so that the second two years will be at in-state tuition costs.

Edit: typo


Great information - esp on the summer hours for in-state, thanks. Any news on a stipend for those of us possibly (hopefully) attending and traveling from far away?


+1 I would LOVE to hear back from Utah with an acceptance. This would be a great option for me to go here!

User avatar
15 to 32
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby 15 to 32 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:08 pm

to those that have been accepted:

first congratulations, second are you all from out of state (not UT)?

jenkswarrior
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 am

Re: Utah 2012

Postby jenkswarrior » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm a UT resident, but I submitted my application really early. Dean Aguilar made it sound like they'll be sending out alot of decisons the first week of February.

asanborn
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby asanborn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Got my call from Dean Aguilar at about 3:30 PM MT! Excited to finally hear back from somebody...and get it!

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby coldshoulder » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Got my call and I'm in as well. For you out of staters, what's making you want to go to Utah?

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 am

jenkswarrior wrote:I'm a UT resident, but I submitted my application really early. Dean Aguilar made it sound like they'll be sending out alot of decisons the first week of February.


That's great to hear. Really Utah is my "last piece" of my law school puzzle. I am going to tour the school on Thursday and really hope decisions come out that following week.

bulldoglaw
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:25 am

Re: Utah 2012

Postby bulldoglaw » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm

I went "In Review" for a second time 1/31.

portaluser
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby portaluser » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Under Review 1/31 as well. Hopefully that means we'll hear something this week! I went complete mid November.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Utah 2012

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Under my status section it looks like this:

Term: Fall
Year: 2012
Program Time: Full Time
Degree: JD

The rest is blank. Anyone else have that?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, jer0689, Pozzo, xn3345 and 30 guests