Arizona State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PolySuyGuy

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Solieyu wrote:At worst UofA, which is a 2 hour drive away and I have family I can stay with in Tucson if needed. Most likely I'm going to ASU or retaking to try to break 170 though.

Lucky Duck

--ImageRemoved--

jennbear

Postby jennbear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Solieyu wrote:Just got this via e-mail from Shelli Soto through Chitra Damania:

We appreciate your patience through the summer as a member of our waiting list. I regret that we are not yet able to offer you a seat in the Class of 2015, but there still remains a possibility that we will be able to make additional offers in the coming weeks. We sincerely hope that you continue to be enthusiastic about joining us at ASU, and we will follow up again at the first of August, or before if seats become available.

Three more weeks of fun, it seems. Don't think this necessarily means people have been admitted lately, though.

You're right, but I just assumed that " . . . there still remains a possibility that we will be able to make additional offers in the coming weeks . . ." suggests that they have already made offers off the waitlist. This could also mean they received positive responses from the email they sent last week to people who withdrew offering them more scholarship money. It seems to me as if they may have filled their class, but possibly anticipate a few more seats opening up. I don't know, maybe I am reading too much into it.

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:49 pm

I still don't get why I didn't get the email!!!

Solieyu

Postby Solieyu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:50 pm

E-mail Kathy and ask, favre. Jenn, I think (and hope) you're just overthinking it. Simplest explanation of additional is that of additions to the Early and Regular admissions, rather than that they've been pulling names from the waitlist.

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Solieyu wrote:E-mail Kathy and ask, favre. Jenn, I think (and hope) you're just overthinking it. Simplest explanation of additional is that of additions to the Early and Regular admissions, rather than that they've been pulling names from the waitlist.

Yeah, I might. I'm not sure she would have an explanation for me though.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

favrefire4 wrote:I still don't get why I didn't get the email!!!

Did you check your spam folder?

If not the only other explanation is that you get a big fat acceptance.

Let me be the first to congratulate you :P

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:56 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:

Nothing in the spam folder. Just radio silence over email and phone.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:58 pm

favrefire4 wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

Nothing in the spam folder. Just radio silence over email and phone.

There could be the possibility that they removed you accidentally from the waitlist. Confused you with Favrefire3. :shock:

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, there is that possibility. As I said, I called earlier today to attempt to withdraw and discuss their application process and how I thought it could improve. However, I got sucked into that conversation and never a) sent an email removing my name from the wait list or b) formally saying over the phone that I am withdrawing. I only got to the point of giving my name and number to get a call back from Dean Soto.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 pm

As a follow up to the scholarship increase email that ASU sent out, the people that replied and let me know about it; as of today all of them have said they haven't received a reply email from ASU.

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Their whole process just makes absolutely no sense to me.

jennbear

Postby jennbear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Last edited by jennbear on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jennbear

Postby jennbear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:As a follow up to the scholarship increase email that ASU sent out, the people that replied and let me know about it; as of today all of them have said they haven't received a reply email from ASU.

So, were their responses to indicate a desire to reconsider attending, or just an inquiry into the scholarship increase amount?

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:43 pm

jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:As a follow up to the scholarship increase email that ASU sent out, the people that replied and let me know about it; as of today all of them have said they haven't received a reply email from ASU.

So, were their responses to indicate a desire to reconsider attending, or just an inquiry into the scholarship increase amount?

My impression was the responses were an inquiry into the scholarship increase amount, which I don't know if they accompanied a serious desire to reconsider attending. Almost everyone said they didn't respond to the email. The number one reason given was because they didn't trust ASU Admissions.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:58 pm

I know this may be a little late to the conversation, but last year they rejected me via snail mail. I'm fairly confident that's what to expect.

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:01 pm

gaud wrote:I know this may be a little late to the conversation, but last year they rejected me via snail mail. I'm fairly confident that's what to expect.

I assume this was in reference to me not receiving the email everyone else got?

jennbear

Postby jennbear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, some kind of movement must have occurred today, whether it be a thinning of the waitlist or something else. Maybe some of those on the waitlist who did not get this email will start receiving admissions offers tomorrow?
Last edited by jennbear on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:03 pm

jennbear wrote: Although, I would not be surprised if this were the case. :roll:

:lol:

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:06 pm

For a minute, I thought I might have an acceptance coming. Now, Gaud's comment makes me think I'm getting a rejection.

gaud

Postby gaud » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:09 pm

favrefire4 wrote:For a minute, I thought I might have an acceptance coming. Now, Gaud's comment makes me think I'm getting a rejection.

I wasn't waitlisted last cycle, though, so it may be different. My rejection came sometime in May (?, I think).

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:10 pm

jennbear wrote:Well, some kind of movement must have occurred today, whether it be a thinning of the waitlist or something else. I doubt ASU decided to send out a few "hello and you are still on the waitlist" emails just for fun. Although, I would not be surprised if this were the case. :roll: Maybe some of those on the waitlist who did not get this email will start receiving admissions offers tomorrow?

Did it seem to you like the email was hastily written?

I agree, why did they say ADDITIONAL offers instead of offers?

I expect Favrefire4 to get an email acceptance in the next couple of days.

jennbear

Postby jennbear » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Last edited by jennbear on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Haha thanks for the support guys...still nothing on my end.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 pm

jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:
jennbear wrote:Well, some kind of movement must have occurred today, whether it be a thinning of the waitlist or something else. I doubt ASU decided to send out a few "hello and you are still on the waitlist" emails just for fun. Although, I would not be surprised if this were the case. :roll: Maybe some of those on the waitlist who did not get this email will start receiving admissions offers tomorrow?

Did it seem to you like the email was hastily written?

I agree, why did they say ADDITIONAL offers instead of offers?

I expect Favrefire4 to get an email acceptance in the next couple of days.

No, not hastily written, just vague. I received a similar email from Emory that specifically indicated decisions had been made from the waitlist, admissions and rejections, but that my status (on the waitlist) was remaining the same. It was very clear. ASU's email just says they cannot make additional offers at this time (which can be interpreted several different ways) and that they would touch base in August, or maybe sooner, if seats open up. This leaves me completely unsure of what to expect and when - except of course I am completely clear that nothing has changed with my status.

I also think that a wave of admissions from the waitlist is coming over the next few days - favrefire, I hope there is one for you!

My emails have been basically, if you want off the waitlist let us know and we have a spot for you. signed Wake and Chicago-kent.
I even called Minnesota and they told me how to get off the waitlist and that I am in the top group for the next waitlist movement.

Which is why I gave up contacting ASU a month ago. Every week I got a different story about the waitlist.

This business of "we are not yet able to offer you a seat" "but there still remains a possibility" "we will follow up again at the first of August, or before" "and we hope to be in touch soon"

comes across more as

Please don't bother me anymore. --Even though I haven't contacted them for a month--
Last edited by PolySuyGuy on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

favrefire4

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm just sick of all of the confusion and read x this way or read y that way...just be more transparent ASU and tell us. We're all adults here. And now, because I didn't receive the email, I'm left sitting in the dark, wondering about two thousand possible different scenarios.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”