Arizona State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:16 pm

For those of you considering LOCI's, this may be helpful:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixf.html

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:16 pm

At least you aren't this guy/girl thinking you'll get into ASU Law.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/seeh08

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:18 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:At least you aren't this guy/girl thinking you'll get into ASU Law.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/seeh08


Someone I have better numbers than! A first!

User avatar
jennbear
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jennbear » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 pm

I have nothing terribly fantastic that I could report as "new". I graduate in about 3 weeks, with honors, and my degree GPA will rise a little, but because it is already over 4.0 I am not sure this would really matter much. Really, my goal with a LOCI would be to express how much I desire to attend, why ASU and everything they have to offer aligns with my goals as a futrure lawyer, etc. but of course I will mention my graduating GPA being higher than what was reported at time of application. Not sure this necessarily qualifies as a good reason to write a LOCI, but, as mentioned, if I don't at least try I may regret it later.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 pm

jennbear wrote:I have nothing terribly fantastic that I could report as "new". I graduate in about 3 weeks, with honors, and my degree GPA will rise a little, but because it is already over 4.0 I am not sure this would really matter much. Really, my goal with a LOCI would be to express how much I desire to attend, why ASU and everything they have to offer aligns with my goals as a futrure lawyer, etc. but of course I will mention my graduating GPA being higher than what was reported at time of application. Not sure this necessarily qualifies as a good reason to write a LOCI, but, as mentioned, if I don't at least try I may regret it later.


Write it. Make it good, though. They're not going to say, "Well, we really liked Jennbear until she sent in that damn LOCI further expressing her desire to attend." :lol:

If I were in your shoes, I would write one.

User avatar
jennbear
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jennbear » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 pm

gaud wrote:For those of you considering LOCI's, this may be helpful:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixf.html


Thanks for this!

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:42 pm

jennbear wrote:I have nothing terribly fantastic that I could report as "new". I graduate in about 3 weeks, with honors, and my degree GPA will rise a little, but because it is already over 4.0 I am not sure this would really matter much. Really, my goal with a LOCI would be to express how much I desire to attend, why ASU and everything they have to offer aligns with my goals as a futrure lawyer, etc. but of course I will mention my graduating GPA being higher than what was reported at time of application. Not sure this necessarily qualifies as a good reason to write a LOCI, but, as mentioned, if I don't at least try I may regret it later.


If it were me, I would emphasize my connections to AZ and intent to stay here, if I could honestly say that. Or, if intending to leave, why ASU specifically is going to lead to that specific and attainable goal.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Solid advice, Tajudad ^

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Anyone else have thoughts on the risky move of emailing Dean Soto to express to her my interest?

User avatar
jennbear
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jennbear » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:07 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Anyone else have thoughts on the risky move of emailing Dean Soto to express to her my interest?


I am not sure to be honest. I think, on one hand, it would make you and your desire to attend really stand out. On the other hand, it may be too much. I wish this whole process was a little more transparent - trying to figure out what they are looking for and how you fit into the equation is enough to make anyone crazy.

Hopefully we hear good news soon. I have decided to send a LOCI so we will see how that goes!

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Well, I decided to pull the trigger and do it. I'm borderline as is, and I needed to do something to help me stand out. Hopefully it works out! I'll be sure to update if I get a response. I'm pretty nervous about it.

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 pm

jennbear wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Anyone else have thoughts on the risky move of emailing Dean Soto to express to her my interest?


I wish this whole process was a little more transparent - trying to figure out what they are looking for and how you fit into the equation is enough to make anyone crazy.


Looking through walls is a good skill for a lawyer. ;)

User avatar
jennbear
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jennbear » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Well, I decided to pull the trigger and do it. I'm borderline as is, and I needed to do something to help me stand out. Hopefully it works out! I'll be sure to update if I get a response. I'm pretty nervous about it.


Good luck!

User avatar
jennbear
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jennbear » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:21 pm

tajudad wrote:
jennbear wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Anyone else have thoughts on the risky move of emailing Dean Soto to express to her my interest?


I wish this whole process was a little more transparent - trying to figure out what they are looking for and how you fit into the equation is enough to make anyone crazy.


Looking through walls is a good skill for a lawyer. ;)


Indeed.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Bets on response from her? lol

arizonastategirl23
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:10 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby arizonastategirl23 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Picked up my admission packet from Kathy today!!!! $25,000 for the first year, then $15,000 for the second... decisions, decisions, decisions!!!! If you're in the area, talk to Kathy and see if your packet could be picked up! She was super helpful to me!

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

arizonastategirl23 wrote:Picked up my admission packet from Kathy today!!!! $25,000 for the first year, then $15,000 for the second... decisions, decisions, decisions!!!! If you're in the area, talk to Kathy and see if your packet could be picked up! She was super helpful to me!


Congrats on the scholly!

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Nice work! I'm still waiting for a response from Dean Soto...

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Nice work! I'm still waiting for a response from Dean Soto...


I wouldn't worry about not hearing from her today. There was an email I sent, that was forwarded to her, earlier this cycle and she responded within a couple days.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 am

gaud wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Nice work! I'm still waiting for a response from Dean Soto...


I wouldn't worry about not hearing from her today. There was an email I sent, that was forwarded to her, earlier this cycle and she responded within a couple days.


Well, that leaves me slightly hopeful. However, I'm not even sure I used the right email address for her lol.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Anyone hear anything today?

User avatar
jennbear
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jennbear » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Not yet; sent in a LOCI last night though so I am at least hoping to receive confirmation of receipt sometime today.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:58 pm

I believe when I sent mine in, Kathy responded in a day or two acknowledging receipt and saying they would add it to my file.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:03 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:At least you aren't this guy/girl thinking you'll get into ASU Law.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/seeh08



Update: This individual was rejected.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:06 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:At least you aren't this guy/girl thinking you'll get into ASU Law.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/seeh08



Update: This individual was rejected.


You don't say.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: awh, ewan0707, jtg1017, Keilz, premalone, WamBam and 25 guests