Arizona State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 pm

I'm in! 164 3.75. Not sure about this one. I was set on Fordham but not set on working in NYC. I'm a chemist looking to work on pharm patents. Anyone have thoughts? ASU has ALOT of IP stuff going on but they don't seem to show up on the national IP scene. Idk...

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Congrats to you too! Still eagerly waiting hear....hopefully some good news comes soon. How did you guys both find out?

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:22 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Congrats to you too! Still eagerly waiting hear....hopefully some good news comes soon. How did you guys both find out?



Email yesterday afternoon. Good luck!

Hibiscus
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Hibiscus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Has anyone that was in the ED hold for RD group heard anything since the initial hold email?

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Hibiscus wrote:Has anyone that was in the ED hold for RD group heard anything since the initial hold email?


I have not. Kathy told me to check back with her towards the end of next week if I still haven't heard anything by then...

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

shroeder wrote:I'm in! 164 3.75. Not sure about this one. I was set on Fordham but not set on working in NYC. I'm a chemist looking to work on pharm patents. Anyone have thoughts? ASU has ALOT of IP stuff going on but they don't seem to show up on the national IP scene. Idk...


Look for firms that specialize in pharm near your law school of choice. NY's proximity to major pharm firms in NY and NJ would seem a good fit, but I'm guessing.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Nammertat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Bump!

Anyone else getting ASU news?

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Nammertat wrote:Bump!

Anyone else getting ASU news?


Nada.

tnjohns
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tnjohns » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Still waiting. I'm happy for the RD individuals that were already accepted, but this waiting is wearing on me. Anyone else?

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 pm

tnjohns wrote:Still waiting. I'm happy for the RD individuals that were already accepted, but this waiting is wearing on me. Anyone else?


I have a theory. Someone blew their food-and-drink budget for the admitted students days, so they're keeping the list small until after next week.

I wonder what other schools have waits like this.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Don't lose hope guys!

Most of you should be hearing very soon

tnjohns
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tnjohns » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm

gaud wrote:Don't lose hope guys!

Most of you should be hearing very soon


I haven't lost hope. My frustration derives from the fact that others with very similar scores have been admitted within a week or so. I'm going on over two months.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 pm

tajudad wrote:
tnjohns wrote:I have a theory. Someone blew their food-and-drink budget for the admitted students days, so they're keeping the list small until after next week.



They must not have shopped at Trader Joe's.

Image

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:43 pm

One of two schools, I'm still waiting on. Here's to hoping the wait is worth it! Let me in!!!

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 pm

tnjohns wrote:
gaud wrote:Don't lose hope guys!

Most of you should be hearing very soon


I haven't lost hope. My frustration derives from the fact that others with very similar scores have been admitted within a week or so. I'm going on over two months.


+1

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Maybe they're just going to hand us our packets during the admitted students days.

I emailed about the wait.. no response.

tnjohns
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tnjohns » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

gaud wrote:Maybe they're just going to hand us our packets during the admitted students days.

I emailed about the wait.. no response.


Don't forget that the email replies are an on-going process. As such you can expect them to be sending email responses mid-April.
Last edited by tnjohns on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm

tnjohns wrote:
gaud wrote:Maybe they're just going to hand us our packets during the admitted students days.

I emailed about the wait.. no response.


Don't forget that the email replies are an on-going process. As such you can expect the to be sending email responses mid-April.


oh, lol, I know. I sent that email 2-3 weeks ago. hahah

tnjohns
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tnjohns » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 am

Well, it's Friday. Let's hope that there's a round of acceptances going out today rather than in a week and a half.

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 am

tnjohns wrote:Well, it's Friday. Let's hope that there's a round of acceptances going out today rather than in a week and a half.


+1,000000000

User avatar
tajudad
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tajudad » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:04 pm

5:00PM Friday, and nothing. I called today, and got the same "best guess" of two weeks that I got last week. Very frustrated tonight.

jgrady1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby jgrady1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Is there any other school that takes this long??? I applied November 16.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 pm

jgrady1 wrote:Is there any other school that takes this long??? I applied November 16.


There are a few... but not many. The schools that are, however, have status checkers and are more transparent lol

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 am

Anyone else in the original "hold" category still waiting?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dasq5511, kthrynf and 7 guests