Arizona State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
desertlaw
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby desertlaw » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:58 pm


User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby ScoutFinch » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:10 pm

desertlaw wrote:AT LEAST ASU LAW HAS A TOP-RANKED WEBSITE!

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/02/ranking-law-school-websites-cooley-ranks-near-the-top/


Lol. Oh, Cooley, you never fail to amuse.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 pm

desertlaw wrote:AT LEAST ASU LAW HAS A TOP-RANKED WEBSITE!

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/02/ranking-law-school-websites-cooley-ranks-near-the-top/



Cooley is such a gunner though, they may overtake ASU!

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 pm

ScoutFinch wrote:
gaud wrote:Maybe for Arizona's centennial we will get our packets today!!


Alas, nothing but Cooley spam and bills in the mailbox. Sigh.



Did everyone get that Cooley spam?

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby shroeder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
ScoutFinch wrote:
gaud wrote:Maybe for Arizona's centennial we will get our packets today!!


Alas, nothing but Cooley spam and bills in the mailbox. Sigh.



Did everyone get that Cooley spam?



I sure did!!

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby PolySuyGuy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm

I saw that ASU extended their admissions deadline until February 15th. They must not be completely happy with the applications they have.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:I saw that ASU extended their admissions deadline until February 15th. They must not be completely happy with the applications they have.


That is interesting. Maybe they'd be happier if I HAD MY PACKET! lol

User avatar
kokorozukai
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:00 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby kokorozukai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:I saw that ASU extended their admissions deadline until February 15th. They must not be completely happy with the applications they have.


I think they decided that since they don't review applications til April, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:31 pm

kokorozukai wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:I saw that ASU extended their admissions deadline until February 15th. They must not be completely happy with the applications they have.


I think they decided that since they don't review applications til April, it wouldn't make much of a difference.


God I hope your joking about the April thing

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Look at the time ASU; it's past 'next week'...

Image

Jake5
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Jake5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

gaud wrote:Look at the time ASU; it's past 'next week'...

Image


+1... I just want that damn packet.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby buddyt » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 pm

buddytyler wrote:Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.


Sounds like the same response another poster received earlier this week-ish. This just seems ridiculous to me..

EDIT: I don't even believe that we're being unreasonable by becoming impatient. It's the middle of February and not a single applicant even knows when the ASW is.

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 pm

gaud wrote:
buddytyler wrote:Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.


Sounds like the same response another poster received earlier this week-ish. This just seems ridiculous to me..

EDIT: I don't even believe that we're being unreasonable by becoming impatient. It's the middle of February and not a single applicant even knows when the ASW is.


Do they have an admitted students website up? maybe its on there...

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:47 pm

benburns214 wrote:
gaud wrote:
buddytyler wrote:Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.


Sounds like the same response another poster received earlier this week-ish. This just seems ridiculous to me..

EDIT: I don't even believe that we're being unreasonable by becoming impatient. It's the middle of February and not a single applicant even knows when the ASW is.


Do they have an admitted students website up? maybe its on there...



They may, but the problem is that without packets the admitted students wouldn't even know how to get there! lol

The admit packets are supposed to give us that sort of information.

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby tadlbb » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I just don't understand why they would say "next week" when they clearly didn't intend to send the packets out in that time frame.

Jake5
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Jake5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:52 pm

gaud wrote:
buddytyler wrote:Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.


Sounds like the same response another poster received earlier this week-ish. This just seems ridiculous to me..

EDIT: I don't even believe that we're being unreasonable by becoming impatient. It's the middle of February and not a single applicant even knows when the ASW is.


I just not got a call back. The lady said that they were planning on sending out our letter in some fancy packets but that they were having problems with their printing people, and that was causing the hold up. Due to this, she said we would be recieving the initial letter first, and then once the printer comes through, we'll get our "real packets". She did not tell me however, if those had already been mailed. The ASU admissions office is a shitshow... pretty absurd if you ask me

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Jake5 wrote:I just not got a call back. The lady said that they were planning on sending out our letter in some fancy packets but that they were having problems with their printing people, and that was causing the hold up. Due to this, she said we would be recieving the initial letter first, and then once the printer comes through, we'll get our "real packets". She did not tell me however, if those had already been mailed. The ASU admissions office is a shitshow... pretty absurd if you ask me


I lol'd at the bolded. Hmm.. that's lame. I'm sure that law school admissions is quite hectic but I just wish ASU could be a but more transparent throughout the process (ie. status checkers, emailing to let us know our packets would be late, etc.). Thanks for the info though Jake5!

Jake5
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Jake5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I lol'd at the bolded. Hmm.. that's lame. I'm sure that law school admissions is quite hectic but I just wish ASU could be a but more transparent throughout the process (ie. status checkers, emailing to let us know our packets would be late, etc.). Thanks for the info though Jake5![/quote]

Haha just now got a call back! Ya i'm with you on all that though, it would be nice to give us a heads up here and there and let us know where they're at with things.

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Jake5 wrote:
gaud wrote:
buddytyler wrote:Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.


Sounds like the same response another poster received earlier this week-ish. This just seems ridiculous to me..

EDIT: I don't even believe that we're being unreasonable by becoming impatient. It's the middle of February and not a single applicant even knows when the ASW is.


I just not got a call back. The lady said that they were planning on sending out our letter in some fancy packets but that they were having problems with their printing people, and that was causing the hold up. Due to this, she said we would be recieving the initial letter first, and then once the printer comes through, we'll get our "real packets". She did not tell me however, if those had already been mailed. The ASU admissions office is a shitshow... pretty absurd if you ask me


I feel like the only response to this is...Welcome to Sun Devil Country. I went to ASU to for undergrad though and their admissions process was not nearly as miserable as this.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 pm

I really hope our packets come tomorrow :|

User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby ScoutFinch » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

AlphaGlam wrote:
Jake5 wrote:
gaud wrote:
buddytyler wrote:Just got off the phone with admissions. The girl I talked to didn't know the status of the packets, and she took my info and said she'd have someone give me a call.


Sounds like the same response another poster received earlier this week-ish. This just seems ridiculous to me..

EDIT: I don't even believe that we're being unreasonable by becoming impatient. It's the middle of February and not a single applicant even knows when the ASW is.


I just not got a call back. The lady said that they were planning on sending out our letter in some fancy packets but that they were having problems with their printing people, and that was causing the hold up. Due to this, she said we would be recieving the initial letter first, and then once the printer comes through, we'll get our "real packets". She did not tell me however, if those had already been mailed. The ASU admissions office is a shitshow... pretty absurd if you ask me


I feel like the only response to this is...Welcome to Sun Devil Country. I went to ASU to for undergrad though and their admissions process was not nearly as miserable as this.


I went there as well. ASU has a serious problem with their administration being understaffed and overworked. I'm surprised I got my diploma!

Jake5
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Jake5 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:42 pm

gaud wrote:I really hope our packets come tomorrow :|


I'm not gonna hold my breath!

User avatar
rx15540
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:43 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby rx15540 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:22 pm

They were so busy making that "Welcome" video they didn't have time to put anything else together ;)

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 am

ScoutFinch wrote:
AlphaGlam wrote:
I feel like the only response to this is...Welcome to Sun Devil Country. I went to ASU to for undergrad though and their admissions process was not nearly as miserable as this.


I went there as well. ASU has a serious problem with their administration being understaffed and overworked. I'm surprised I got my diploma!


Haha they almost forgot to send me mine! And they sent my alum card to an address I've never heard of in my life. Somewhere in Casa Grande.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, blahblah123, Ferrisjso, joezze, NotAGolfer, okf731, potterotter, studyingeveryday, Tazewell and 18 guests