Arizona State c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jennbear

New

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Post by jennbear » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Solieyu wrote:You don't log in with a number, but with a ASURITE ID. Not sure what you can do with just an ID number. Get a now Defunct SunCard?
I didn't think about that, but yeah, you need to have an ASURITE ID set up first, which is different than the ASU ID number. Do you know how long alumni have access to their My ASU account? Is it indefinite?

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
Solieyu wrote:You don't log in with a number, but with a ASURITE ID. Not sure what you can do with just an ID number. Get a now Defunct SunCard?

I need an activation code to get an asurite ID. It says it is found on your acceptance letter. Does anyone have an activation code I can use?

I have an official asu email address too.
I have no clue if I even had an activation code when I first set up my account a few years ago - if I did, I did not keep record of it. Besides, I would think a code like that would be case sensitive, so using someone's else's may not work.

But, it sounds like you have been admitted! Congratulations!! I REALLY, REALLY hope this means acceptance emails are on their way for the rest of us.

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 pm

jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

I need an activation code to get an asurite ID. It says it is found on your acceptance letter. Does anyone have an activation code I can use?

I have an official asu email address too.
I have no clue if I even had an activation code when I first set up my account a few years ago - if I did, I did not keep record of it. Besides, I would think a code like that would be case sensitive, so using someone's else's may not work.

But, it sounds like you have been admitted! Congratulations!! I REALLY, REALLY hope this means acceptance emails are on their way for the rest of us.

from the ASU website

I recently applied online and want to check my admission status. What is my password?

The UserID and password you created for the online application process are only valid for that application.

Once your application has been entered into the admissions system and an ASURITE UserID has been generated for you, the Admissions Office will send you your ASU ID number, ASURITE UserID, with an activation code that will allow you to activate your ASURITE UserID. This information will usually arrive a week or two after you apply, though it can take longer for international students.

--I am having a hard time believing ASU accepted me.

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:11 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
from the ASU website

I recently applied online and want to check my admission status. What is my password?

The UserID and password you created for the online application process are only valid for that application.

Once your application has been entered into the admissions system and an ASURITE UserID has been generated for you, the Admissions Office will send you your ASU ID number, ASURITE UserID, with an activation code that will allow you to activate your ASURITE UserID. This information will usually arrive a week or two after you apply, though it can take longer for international students.

Have you ever had anything to do with ASU except Applying To the Law School? I would think that the only conceivable way you would receive an email assigning you an ID is if you were admitted. Maybe your acceptance letter will have an ASURITE ID and activation code . . .

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

jennbear wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:
from the ASU website

Have you ever had anything to do with ASU except applying to the law school? I would think that the only conceivable way you would receive an email assigning you an ID is if you were admitted. Maybe your acceptance letter will have an ASURITE ID and activation code . . .
I tried to register for the law classes but it wouldn't let me. I called the HELP desk and they gave me an activation code. I am in the system, but I am listed as a law school applicant. Which is weird because now I can email anybody with my new asu email. LOL

I have never done anything with ASU except for the law school. I am sure this is somehow a mistake to get back at me for complaining about their lack of transparency.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Just got 4 emails in a row from U of A admissions putting on the pressure for me to accept financial aid, create an email account, etc. Wonder if its related or just a coincidence.

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am

Solieyu wrote:Just got 4 emails in a row from U of A admissions putting on the pressure for me to accept financial aid, create an email account, etc. Wonder if its related or just a coincidence.

What do you think of the new Acting Dean of Admissions Allison Nash? U of A is going to have some severe growing pains with her until they get someone new. Dan Nunez can't fix all of her mistakes.

When I toured the law school, the students couldn't say anything nice about her.

Why did Eric Eden leave again? LOL

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Wonder when the email will go out today. Assuming it does.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:I am sure this is somehow a mistake to get back at me for complaining about their lack of transparency.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I enjoy your humor.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SiRR

New

Post by SiRR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:23 pm

Stopped at the admissions office today to ask about wait list activity. An admissions director told me they were definitely going to the wait list, but only for a "small handful" of seats.

Good luck, all. Hope to see you in the fall.

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Polysuyguy: have you received anything yet?

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 pm

After 5 and no word. Don't expect we'll hear from them today despite what Chitra said in the last email.

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 pm

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that we will not hear anything until Friday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Solieyu

New

Post by Solieyu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Kathy would seem to confirm this.
The update email will be sent sometime this week.

Kathy Meo

Admissions Counselor

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Solieyu wrote:Kathy would seem to confirm this.
The update email will be sent sometime this week.

Kathy Meo

Admissions Counselor
I spoke with her earlier today and she told me exactly this as well. Sooooo . . . tomorrow it is.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Good luck guys!

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 pm

jennbear wrote:Polysuyguy: have you received anything yet?

I haven't received anything yet. But I set up my ASU email address and emailed people. they all called to congratulate me. So I told them the situation and they all couldn't believe ASU would give somebody an ID number and an email address and not accept them.

I doubt we will hear anything from ASU today. Next Friday at the earliest.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:24 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:

I haven't received anything yet. But I set up my ASU email address and emailed people. they all called to congratulate me. So I told them the situation and they all couldn't believe ASU would give somebody an ID number and an email address and not accept them.

I can't imagine you getting all of that without being accepted. I'm a bit behind on your situation, mind catching me up?

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:01 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
Really?! Kathy told two of us yesterday that an update would be sent this week, i.e. by today. I suppose the update could be nothing more than a "please wait longer" scenario, but I am going to think positive in hopes that today is the day we finally know our fate with ASU Law.

BTW: I can think of no other reason why ASU would set you up in their system to only later reject you. So, in your situation, I believe it is safe to say you can just sit back, relax, and wait for that acceptance email :D

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:02 pm

gaud wrote:
PolySuyGuy wrote:

I can't imagine you getting all of that without being accepted. I'm a bit behind on your situation, mind catching me up?

ASU sent me a Student ID number. I called everyone and of course ASU law didn't answer. The admissions has no record of me. I called IT and the IT people gave me an activation code and ASURITE ID, and helped me set up my email. It wouldn't let me register for classes, but I was able to look at the law schedule. the financial aid dept had started processing my aid, and I was given an email account. My profile said I was a law school applicant.

I am downloading all the free ASU software before they change their minds. hehehe

If this wasn't ASU, I would be sure I was accepted. Since it is, I say no way.

Did you see ASU finally added a status check link for applications?

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 pm

HA, it's about time they added one...would you look at that. Did you guys get a wait list email update yet? I'm curious...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

PolySuyGuy wrote:
Did you see ASU finally added a status check link for applications?
I wish we would have had access to this, not that it would have made the wait any less unbearable though. I guess they finally got tired of people calling to check the status.

jennbear

New

Post by jennbear » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

favrefire4 wrote:HA, it's about time they added one...would you look at that. Did you guys get a wait list email update yet? I'm curious...
Nothing yet.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 pm

I bet they admit everyone off of the wait list

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 pm

favrefire4 wrote:I bet they admit everyone off of the wait list

That is what I am thinking will happen too. But in ASU fashion it will be last minute and as frustrating as tooth extraction.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”