Arizona State c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
favrefire4

Silver

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Post by favrefire4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Any thoughts on mine gaud?

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

gaud wrote:
tajudad wrote:For anyone that's been admitted: Could you post the time frame for the admitted student days? I believe it's Thursday and Friday, and I would need take some time off work, if I hear positive news in the next two days.

No problem.

Thursday : 4 - 7

Friday : 8:30 - 3:30ish

I could break it down by event and what not. Let me know if you'd prefer that.
Thursday is the Shoen Lecture from 4:00-5:30; afterwards is a reception for admitted students from 5:45-7:00. In case you have a 9-5 like me where the lecture portion isn't doable, at least the reception is. I'll be there from 5:45 onward Thursday, and then I took the day off so I'll be there all day Friday.

beedeejayman

New

Post by beedeejayman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 pm

gaud wrote:
beedeejayman wrote:I'm a 161 / 3.7 GPA with prior work experience and great LOR's. Was hoping they would help make up for a little lower LSAT.
I'd think you have a decent shot of getting in. Your LSAT is below median, but your GPA is above. Assuming you're an AZ resident? That will help, too.

Relax. :)

EDIT: actually, I have no idea what the medians are. those are educated guesses as to what the median is. lol. You'd definitely have to be above their GPA median but I don't know what their LSAT median is. I'm thinking 162

Yeah I think you're right on the median things. pretty sure it's 162 and 3.6, so I'm pretty darn close. Here's hoping. I have a good feeling though - just think it's gonna take a little longer than some of you with high stats out there who got quick responses. And yes - AZ resident here thankfully.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 pm

beedeejayman wrote:I called about 10 days ago and Kathy told me that I should probably expect a response "within a week or so". Never heard. Called again this morning and she checked again. She says, "Based on where your application is in the review process, I would guess you'll hear by the end of the week". I'm losing hope though.... Especially with all these other email acceptances this week. I'm a 161 / 3.7 GPA with prior work experience and great LOR's. Was hoping they would help make up for a little lower LSAT.
I'm in (admittedly as an EA) with similar numbers and a small scholly to boot. Don't fret.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Any thoughts on mine gaud?
What are your stats? You can PM them if you'd like. Also, AZ resident?

For those of you going to the admitted students days, wanna have a TLS meetup? lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beedeejayman

New

Post by beedeejayman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:07 pm

buddytyler wrote:
beedeejayman wrote:I called about 10 days ago and Kathy told me that I should probably expect a response "within a week or so". Never heard. Called again this morning and she checked again. She says, "Based on where your application is in the review process, I would guess you'll hear by the end of the week". I'm losing hope though.... Especially with all these other email acceptances this week. I'm a 161 / 3.7 GPA with prior work experience and great LOR's. Was hoping they would help make up for a little lower LSAT.
I'm in (admittedly as an EA) with similar numbers and a small scholly to boot. Don't fret.
Awesome man, congrats. When did you hear back from them? That makes me feel better. Shoot, and if a small scholarship was thrown in i'd be psyched.

tajudad

New

Post by tajudad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:10 pm

gaud wrote:
tajudad wrote:For anyone that's been admitted: Could you post the time frame for the admitted student days? I believe it's Thursday and Friday, and I would need take some time off work, if I hear positive news in the next two days.

No problem.

Thursday : 4 - 7

Friday : 8:30 - 3:30ish

I could break it down by event and what not. Let me know if you'd prefer that.
No, I just needed the rough sketch. Thanks very much!

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

beedeejayman wrote:
buddytyler wrote:
Awesome man, congrats. When did you hear back from them? That makes me feel better. Shoot, and if a small scholarship was thrown in i'd be psyched.
I applied in October as an EA and heard back on the first day they were giving out admits (Jan 31 I think?)

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 pm

gaud wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Any thoughts on mine gaud?
What are your stats? You can PM them if you'd like. Also, AZ resident?

For those of you going to the admitted students days, wanna have a TLS meetup? lol
Stats: 155/3.78. OOS with strong softs and lors. I was originally an EA applicant and was held.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Stats: 155/3.78. OOS with strong softs and lors. I was originally an EA applicant and was held.
Tough call. Your LSAT is quite low, but your GPA is stellar.

I'd say 50/50, right now.

Have you sent a LOCI? (letter of continued interest)

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

I sent an LOCI and an additional recommendation letter with updated transcript through first semester senior year (3.8). I've also been in continual email contact with Kathy.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm

favrefire4 wrote:I sent an LOCI and an additional recommendation letter with updated transcript through first semester senior year (3.8). I've also been in continual email contact with Kathy.
I believe you're doing everything 'right', which should give you the best chances of getting in.

It's going to be tough, though, you're definitely borderline.

Good luck!!

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Thanks! Let me in ASU!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

randomwombat

New

Post by randomwombat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Just called and talked to someone in admissions... The woman said that unfortunately the entire admissions committee was kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel while attending an international law seminar in Juarez back in March and that an interim admissions committee was in the process of being formed for the sole purpose of waitlisting every applicant who applied after January 22nd indefinitely as the proposed annexation of the state of Arizona by some unknown magazine editor seems to be gaining more and more ground after a unified and effective Yuma-based, grassroots movement consisting of local chicano hairdressers and fashion boutique owners have managed to garner more and more support at the state level. When I asked about a timeline for decisions, the woman did not sound optimistic, though extremely nice and accommodating.

tajudad

New

Post by tajudad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:41 pm

randomwombat wrote:Just called and talked to someone in admissions... The woman said that unfortunately the entire admissions committee was kidnapped by a Mexican drug cartel while attending an international law seminar in Juarez back in March and that an interim admissions committee was in the process of being formed for the sole purpose of waitlisting every applicant who applied after January 22nd indefinitely as the proposed annexation of the state of Arizona by some unknown magazine editor seems to be gaining more and more ground after a unified and effective Yuma-based, grassroots movement consisting of local chicano hairdressers and fashion boutique owners have managed to garner more and more support at the state level. When I asked about a timeline for decisions, the woman did not sound optimistic, though extremely nice and accommodating.
I call BS on this. I mean, kidnapping I'll buy; law seminar in Juarez, sure; privatization of law college, possible; state-wide acceptance of a Chicano movement, it could happen. But "a unified and effective ... grassroots movement"? It'll never happen!

arizonastategirl23

New

Post by arizonastategirl23 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm going to admitted student days! Anyone else going?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:06 pm

arizonastategirl23 wrote:I'm going to admitted student days! Anyone else going?
I'll be there!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Anyone hear anything today?

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Come onnnn ASU

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Come onnnn ASU
I really hope you get in. Lol. Seriously, though.

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 pm

gaud wrote:
favrefire4 wrote:Come onnnn ASU
I really hope you get in. Lol. Seriously, though.
Thanks man! Me too. I semi-wish ASU could read this forum and know who I am to see my significant interest. I just am so uncertain with the low LSAT score (155). I don't know whether to read that I haven't heard yet or not as a good thing or bad thing. I don't even know if they still have acceptances to hand out, or if I should just be hoping for a wait list at this point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jl678

New

Post by jl678 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 pm

favrefire4 wrote:I sent an LOCI and an additional recommendation letter with updated transcript through first semester senior year (3.8). I've also been in continual email contact with Kathy.
Hey all, this is my first post but I've been following this thread. I have my heart set on ASU, and like for many of you, the wait is driving me nuts! I was hesitant to submit a LOCI and/or additional LOR's because I had been advised by professors that it's not appropriate to do before a decision is made. However, it seems like it's the right thing to do if you want it this bad? haha. Is that the recommendation? I'd like to do anything that would help my case! Thanks!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 pm

jl678 wrote:
Hey all, this is my first post but I've been following this thread. I have my heart set on ASU, and like for many of you, the wait is driving me nuts! I was hesitant to submit a LOCI and/or additional LOR's because I had been advised by professors that it's not appropriate to do before a decision is made. However, it seems like it's the right thing to do if you want it this bad? haha. Is that the recommendation? I'd like to do anything that would help my case! Thanks!
Have you been waitlisted/held?

favrefire4

Silver

Post by favrefire4 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Gaud, are you going to ASU?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 pm

favrefire4 wrote:Gaud, are you going to ASU?
Yea :) I've considered other options, but the COA is something I can't ignore. I'm pretty debt adverse so ASU has become ideal.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”