Arizona State c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Even I am amazed that no one has started this thread yet, and I endured ASU's agonizingly long process last cycle. Ready.. go.

anozira
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby anozira » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:52 pm

...
Last edited by anozira on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Nice. I submitted 10/1. Expecting to hear something in May.

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm

I submitted my app in September, the 15th I think. I haven't heard anything from ASU. I've emailed them, and I know they have my app, so here's to waiting

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Well this is interesting. I just got my first response to my app via email. Check it out:

We appreciate your interest in the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.



We have received your application for our Early Admission program. Please check your LSAC account to ensure that your Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report is complete and available to us. Note that your file must be complete by December 15, 2011 in order to be considered for Early Admission for fall 2012. If your file is not complete by December 15th, your status will be changed to Regular Admission. Further, if your file remains incomplete as of March 1, 2012, it will be withdrawn from consideration.



Unfortunately, your file is missing certain required items. You have not submitted the items noted below with "NO" and must do so in order to be considered for admission. We ask that, when possible, the missing items be submitted by email as an attachment to law.admissions@asu.edu.



Application Fee - YES
Personal Statement - YES
Resume - YES
Signature or electronic certification on application - YES
Responses to Questions 1-8 in the Character & Fitness section of the application - YES
Conduct Statement(s) if answering "yes" to any of Questions 1-8 in the Character & Fitness section - YES



When your CAS report from LSAC and any items marked "NO" above are received and processed by our office, your application will be considered complete. We will notify you by email when your file is complete.



We look forward to working with you through the admissions process.


I don't see any "NO's".

defendthefort
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby defendthefort » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Got an email from ASU today! They claim that all of the Early Admission applicants will know their fate as of "early January" with a letter.

Good luck everyone.

Anyone have any insight on ASU? How is the school, campus, Tempe?

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:43 am

un-vordox wrote:Well this is interesting. I just got my first response to my app via email. Check it out:

We appreciate your interest in the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.



We have received your application for our Early Admission program. Please check your LSAC account to ensure that your Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report is complete and available to us. Note that your file must be complete by December 15, 2011 in order to be considered for Early Admission for fall 2012. If your file is not complete by December 15th, your status will be changed to Regular Admission. Further, if your file remains incomplete as of March 1, 2012, it will be withdrawn from consideration.



Unfortunately, your file is missing certain required items. You have not submitted the items noted below with "NO" and must do so in order to be considered for admission. We ask that, when possible, the missing items be submitted by email as an attachment to law.admissions@asu.edu.



Application Fee - YES
Personal Statement - YES
Resume - YES
Signature or electronic certification on application - YES
Responses to Questions 1-8 in the Character & Fitness section of the application - YES
Conduct Statement(s) if answering "yes" to any of Questions 1-8 in the Character & Fitness section - YES



When your CAS report from LSAC and any items marked "NO" above are received and processed by our office, your application will be considered complete. We will notify you by email when your file is complete.



We look forward to working with you through the admissions process.


I don't see any "NO's".


I got the same thing! I emailed back, and it turns out they had lost my residency form, and that they had forgotten to include that in the email. I sent it to them, so since I applied Early Admission hopefully I will hear back soon.

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:44 am

defendthefort wrote:Got an email from ASU today! They claim that all of the Early Admission applicants will know their fate as of "early January" with a letter.

Good luck everyone.

Anyone have any insight on ASU? How is the school, campus, Tempe?


I am a current undergrad at ASU, so maybe I can help. It's a very nice campus, large but everything is relatively walkable. HUGE bike campus. Tempe is definitely a college town - finding a quiet apartment close to campus can get difficult, but it is doable.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 pm

I got the same thing! I emailed back, and it turns out they had lost my residency form, and that they had forgotten to include that in the email. I sent it to them, so since I applied Early Admission hopefully I will hear back soon.


Haha the same exact thing happened to me. Then I emailed it back and asked them to confirm that they have everything and... they went MIA again.

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:36 pm

un-vordox wrote:
I got the same thing! I emailed back, and it turns out they had lost my residency form, and that they had forgotten to include that in the email. I sent it to them, so since I applied Early Admission hopefully I will hear back soon.


Haha the same exact thing happened to me. Then I emailed it back and asked them to confirm that they have everything and... they went MIA again.


MIA is the story of my (and everyone else's) life with ASU. Welcome to Sun Devil country :P

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Totally agree. I transferred out after 2 yrs of UG. Never thought I'd be applying again due to circumstance.

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 pm

un-vordox wrote:Totally agree. I transferred out after 2 yrs of UG. Never thought I'd be applying again due to circumstance.


I like the education I've gotten, and the teachers I've gotten close to have been fabulous and wonderful to me, but the feel of the general administration is a little less personal than many would like.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby Veyron » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 pm

un-vordox wrote:Totally agree. I transferred out after 2 yrs of UG. Never thought I'd be applying again due to circumstance.


How is it possible not to like ASU?

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm from San Diego and transferred back to USD. It's not that I don't like ASU (I am applying to their LS after all), it's just that San Diego is awesome. I was referencing that everything to do with admin at ASU takes forever. It makes sense though, since 10 years ago they already had 65k students between 3 campuses. I don't know how many students they have now, but they have added another campus.

Anyway, I checked in to post that Chitra at admissions responded to let me know that they will send me a confirmation email after they process the missing docs (residency form). I thought that was nice since they didn't have to send me anything.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm

checkin in

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm

familiar faces i see

wedge35
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby wedge35 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Checking in. I teach at ASU right now if anyone has any questions about the campus and/or Phoenix area.

kickthebcket
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby kickthebcket » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:36 am

Checking in... applied late September (or whenever the first day they were actually accepting apps was) and finally went complete 11/15. Stats everyone? 157/3.5 here, in-state

User avatar
AlphaGlam
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby AlphaGlam » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:37 pm

kickthebcket wrote:Checking in... applied late September (or whenever the first day they were actually accepting apps was) and finally went complete 11/15. Stats everyone? 157/3.5 here, in-state


169, LSDAS GPA 3.32, in state. I have to resend them my residency form and then I'll be complete.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:00 pm

.
Last edited by gaud on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buddyt
Posts: 773
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby buddyt » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:50 pm

161/3.64, in-state. Went complete 11/14. Just waiting at this point.

User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby ScoutFinch » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:28 am

Checking in. Submitted application 10/18, finally received an email acknowledgment 11/15. 168/3.2 non-resident. I went to ASU for UG, so let me know if you have any questions about the campus or surrounding area. Good luck!

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby gaud » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Bleh, I wish ASU had a status checker of sorts.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby un-vordox » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:59 pm

gaud wrote:Bleh, I wish ASU had a status checker of sorts.


+1

favrefire4
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Arizona State c/o 2015

Postby favrefire4 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Do we know when they start releasing decisions?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”