Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby masked kavana » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 am

plaid wrote:I just received my first piece of correspondance about Hastings' waitlist. Did anyone else receive this yesterday? (Or in prior weeks?)

"We plan to make a final round of offers of admission from our waitlist in the days ahead. If you would like to be considered for a spot at UC Hastings, please contact me promptly [...] It is important that we receive your email as soon as possible. If you are selected for admission from the wait list, you will receive a telephone call notifying you of that decision. You will be required to make a $500.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your place in the fall class. You may wish to review the wait list requirements on the UC Hastings website at: http://www.uchastings.edu/waitlist.


I received it right before being accepted, so hopefully it's a good sign :)

Just make sure to show a lot of interest - I called when I didn't get a reply back to the email.

Good luck!!

petite chouette
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby petite chouette » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:26 pm

masked kavana wrote:
plaid wrote:I just received my first piece of correspondance about Hastings' waitlist. Did anyone else receive this yesterday? (Or in prior weeks?)

"We plan to make a final round of offers of admission from our waitlist in the days ahead. If you would like to be considered for a spot at UC Hastings, please contact me promptly [...] It is important that we receive your email as soon as possible. If you are selected for admission from the wait list, you will receive a telephone call notifying you of that decision. You will be required to make a $500.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your place in the fall class. You may wish to review the wait list requirements on the UC Hastings website at: http://www.uchastings.edu/waitlist.


I received it right before being accepted, so hopefully it's a good sign :)

Just make sure to show a lot of interest - I called when I didn't get a reply back to the email.

Good luck!!


Aw man do you think it's the end of the road for those of us who didn't get that email?

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby masked kavana » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:53 pm

petite chouette wrote:
masked kavana wrote:
plaid wrote:I just received my first piece of correspondance about Hastings' waitlist. Did anyone else receive this yesterday? (Or in prior weeks?)

"We plan to make a final round of offers of admission from our waitlist in the days ahead. If you would like to be considered for a spot at UC Hastings, please contact me promptly [...] It is important that we receive your email as soon as possible. If you are selected for admission from the wait list, you will receive a telephone call notifying you of that decision. You will be required to make a $500.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your place in the fall class. You may wish to review the wait list requirements on the UC Hastings website at: http://www.uchastings.edu/waitlist.


I received it right before being accepted, so hopefully it's a good sign :)

Just make sure to show a lot of interest - I called when I didn't get a reply back to the email.

Good luck!!


Aw man do you think it's the end of the road for those of us who didn't get that email?


From what it sounds like Hastings is having a lot of waitlist movement.

I don't know if I'd say end of the road, just keep showing interest even if they say not to call or email , get in contact. There's nothing to lose and I really think that's what sets people apart.

User avatar
martorem
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby martorem » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

masked kavana wrote:
petite chouette wrote:
masked kavana wrote:
plaid wrote:I just received my first piece of correspondance about Hastings' waitlist. Did anyone else receive this yesterday? (Or in prior weeks?)

"We plan to make a final round of offers of admission from our waitlist in the days ahead. If you would like to be considered for a spot at UC Hastings, please contact me promptly [...] It is important that we receive your email as soon as possible. If you are selected for admission from the wait list, you will receive a telephone call notifying you of that decision. You will be required to make a $500.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your place in the fall class. You may wish to review the wait list requirements on the UC Hastings website at: http://www.uchastings.edu/waitlist.


I received it right before being accepted, so hopefully it's a good sign :)

Just make sure to show a lot of interest - I called when I didn't get a reply back to the email.

Good luck!!


Aw man do you think it's the end of the road for those of us who didn't get that email?


From what it sounds like Hastings is having a lot of waitlist movement.

I don't know if I'd say end of the road, just keep showing interest even if they say not to call or email , get in contact. There's nothing to lose and I really think that's what sets people apart.


Hey guys, I don't think the 'final round of offers' phrasing means they are winding down offers. I got the exact same email before I was admitted off the waitlist two days later, and that was at the beginning of May. I wouldn't be too worried yet! Good luck guys!

petite chouette
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby petite chouette » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:52 am

martorem wrote:Hey guys, I don't think the 'final round of offers' phrasing means they are winding down offers. I got the exact same email before I was admitted off the waitlist two days later, and that was at the beginning of May. I wouldn't be too worried yet! Good luck guys!


Haha "limited time only!!!" style marketing tactic? Thanks for the confidence booster at least!

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 pm

Just wanted to get some thoughts on this... I just got a scholarship upgrade at Brooklyn for 35.5k/year with top 80% stip. Do you think it's worth a shot to try to negotiate with this, or will they pretty much just laugh at this attempt? As of right now I haven't gotten my financial aid award, or notified whether I got a scholarship/grant yet, but I just got pulled off the waitlist back on May 23. I mean, the worst they can say is "no," I guess. Thoughts?

User avatar
martorem
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby martorem » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:09 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:Just wanted to get some thoughts on this... I just got a scholarship upgrade at Brooklyn for 35.5k/year with top 80% stip. Do you think it's worth a shot to try to negotiate with this, or will they pretty much just laugh at this attempt? As of right now I haven't gotten my financial aid award, or notified whether I got a scholarship/grant yet, but I just got pulled off the waitlist back on May 23. I mean, the worst they can say is "no," I guess. Thoughts?


Did you send in the financial aid forms to Hastings? I'm surprised you haven't gotten your offer yet. I was admitted off the waitlist on a Friday night, submitted my financial aid forms on Monday, and had my offer Tuesday. I would send an email to financial aid and cc Dean Canada asking for an update and giving them all your scholarship offers.

Edit: Also, how long did you get to accept or reject the offer? I only had one week. Did you send in a deposit anyways?

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:56 pm

martorem wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:Just wanted to get some thoughts on this... I just got a scholarship upgrade at Brooklyn for 35.5k/year with top 80% stip. Do you think it's worth a shot to try to negotiate with this, or will they pretty much just laugh at this attempt? As of right now I haven't gotten my financial aid award, or notified whether I got a scholarship/grant yet, but I just got pulled off the waitlist back on May 23. I mean, the worst they can say is "no," I guess. Thoughts?


Did you send in the financial aid forms to Hastings? I'm surprised you haven't gotten your offer yet. I was admitted off the waitlist on a Friday night, submitted my financial aid forms on Monday, and had my offer Tuesday. I would send an email to financial aid and cc Dean Canada asking for an update and giving them all your scholarship offers.

Edit: Also, how long did you get to accept or reject the offer? I only had one week. Did you send in a deposit anyways?


Yea, I faxed over my form the day after I accepted the offer and paid the deposit... emailed financial aid yesterday, but haven't heard back from them yet. They gave me a week to accept or reject the offer, I think?

lowereastside
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby lowereastside » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 pm

PizzaShrapnel wrote:Just wanted to get some thoughts on this... I just got a scholarship upgrade at Brooklyn for 35.5k/year with top 80% stip. Do you think it's worth a shot to try to negotiate with this, or will they pretty much just laugh at this attempt? As of right now I haven't gotten my financial aid award, or notified whether I got a scholarship/grant yet, but I just got pulled off the waitlist back on May 23. I mean, the worst they can say is "no," I guess. Thoughts?


Definitely do it. Like you said, worst they can say is no. Which is why they said to me, but my Brooklyn scholarship was not nearly as generous as yours (I think I had a top 40% stip or something). Only drawback is it might not work. Hastings never budged when I had just the Brooklyn scholarship, but perked up when I let them know about UC Davis. Good luck!

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

lowereastside wrote:
PizzaShrapnel wrote:Just wanted to get some thoughts on this... I just got a scholarship upgrade at Brooklyn for 35.5k/year with top 80% stip. Do you think it's worth a shot to try to negotiate with this, or will they pretty much just laugh at this attempt? As of right now I haven't gotten my financial aid award, or notified whether I got a scholarship/grant yet, but I just got pulled off the waitlist back on May 23. I mean, the worst they can say is "no," I guess. Thoughts?


Definitely do it. Like you said, worst they can say is no. Which is why they said to me, but my Brooklyn scholarship was not nearly as generous as yours (I think I had a top 40% stip or something). Only drawback is it might not work. Hastings never budged when I had just the Brooklyn scholarship, but perked up when I let them know about UC Davis. Good luck!


Yea, definitely ended up being worth it. Gave me enough to convince me I'm gonna be attending.

LockBox
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby LockBox » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Any more movement here?

plaid
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby plaid » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am

I haven't seen any movement from Hastings after I received that email, even though I called them. Davis just accepted a bunch of people today (including me), so maybe they're waiting for people to respond to Davis before they offer anything?

apollo2015
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby apollo2015 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:24 pm

It looks as if a new wave of students was accepted today.

Congratulations to the new sharks!

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ensign85 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 pm

apollo2015 wrote:It looks as if a new wave of students was accepted today.

Congratulations to the new sharks!


How do you know?

apollo2015
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby apollo2015 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:23 pm

Someone in the facebook group said they had just been accepted.

LockBox
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby LockBox » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 am

Did anyone else get the call?

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ensign85 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:12 am

Any phone calls or acceptances?

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Got a call a while back and they upped my scholly the other day. :)

ArtyIvy
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ArtyIvy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:40 am

Mr.Binks wrote:Got a call a while back and they upped my scholly the other day. :)


Mr. Binks, please tell me your stats are wrong!

LockBox
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby LockBox » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 pm

So are any admits to Hastings still looking at other schools and may, therefore, withdraw? Any more waitlist movement? Still trying to keep this option (i'm WL) open until it's too late...

sinkorswm
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sinkorswm » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Looking for housing in the tower??

I'm a rising 2L who will probably be vacating my studio in the tower for next year. I will be making my decision in the next few days, and then letting them know. Most likely a 5th floor, very quiet (no construction noise!!) studio with three huge windows and lots of light will be available next year. I signed a lease for 1050 a month.

PM me if you are interested, and I will hook you up with Pansy (the housing manager) if I decide to move (very likely!!).

sinkorswm
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby sinkorswm » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello all,

I am moving out of the tower on 7/28 and have many items for sale, including:

250 Freezer -- perfect for the tower!
125 Breakfast bar cart
60 Microwave
40 Humidifier
15 George Foreman Grill
15 Metal microwave/kitchen shelf
10 Trash can
10 Toaster oven

If you are interested, please PM me for more details. If you will not be moving into the tower until after I leave we may be able to work something out so that it will be waiting for you when you arrive.

Thanks!

User avatar
jigglebottom
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby jigglebottom » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:29 am

got a call earlier today, in off the waitlist. Submitting my financial aid stuff to figure out my money sitchiashun

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ensign85 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:59 pm

jigglebottom wrote:got a call earlier today, in off the waitlist. Submitting my financial aid stuff to figure out my money sitchiashun

You think you're gonna go? Retake? Congrats!

User avatar
jigglebottom
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby jigglebottom » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 pm

ensign85 wrote:
jigglebottom wrote:got a call earlier today, in off the waitlist. Submitting my financial aid stuff to figure out my money sitchiashun

You think you're gonna go? Retake? Congrats!


im kind of at a crossroads to be honest... I mean, is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush? Is there an easy way to ask for more fin aid to make the decision easier? haha




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Christinabruin, jg_, Pomegranate27, Yahoo [Bot] and 20 guests