Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tropicanax
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby tropicanax » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 pm

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!


did you guys ask for it or did he just offer it??? i was just going to send in an email yesterday trying to negotiate more money... DAMN MY PROCRASTINATION.

did any of you negotiate?

Decimal
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Decimal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am

tropicanax wrote:WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!


did you guys ask for it or did he just offer it??? i was just going to send in an email yesterday trying to negotiate more money... DAMN MY PROCRASTINATION.

did any of you negotiate?


No, I didn't ask for the extra $45k. Came out of nowhere as I've never contacted Hastings even once about aid.

User avatar
chraruce
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby chraruce » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm

So I applied on January 23rd, 2012. My application was transmitted on February 7th, 2012. As of today, April 16th, I have not heard a word regarding a decision. Does this mean that my chances are super slim at this point with Hastings (i.e. this translates into: I should plan on attending American University since that's about the only school that has accepted me so far)?
I just e-mailed their office inquiring about the possibility that the decision didn't reach me for some reason. We'll see what they respond and if their office gets annoyed by the inquiry (i'll let you know if they do).
Grats to everyone who got in so far.

P.S. I did try to apply via the LEOP program.

tropicanax
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby tropicanax » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 pm

has anyone tried to apply for housing in the tower yet?? will they all be snatched soon ?? is it too late if i submit deposit on/closer to may 1st?

aroth001
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby aroth001 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 pm

chraruce wrote:So I applied on January 23rd, 2012. My application was transmitted on February 7th, 2012. As of today, April 16th, I have not heard a word regarding a decision. Does this mean that my chances are super slim at this point with Hastings (i.e. this translates into: I should plan on attending American University since that's about the only school that has accepted me so far)?
I just e-mailed their office inquiring about the possibility that the decision didn't reach me for some reason. We'll see what they respond and if their office gets annoyed by the inquiry (i'll let you know if they do).
Grats to everyone who got in so far.

P.S. I did try to apply via the LEOP program.



I was wondering the same thing about not hearing from them thus far. If that is a bad sign.. or if it even means anything at all. Looking forward to hearing what their office says to you!

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11755
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:36 pm

I think it depends on your numbers. I know Hastings sometimes accepts people with better numbers late in the cycle, because they want to see if that person is actually interested in attending, or applied as a safety and will withdraw as soon as they get into a better school. At the same time, they will wait to accept you if you have very low numbers, maybe because they like you but aren't sure if they can fit you in if they don't have enough people with higher numbers. The alternative and most likely scenario is that they are just incredibly slow.

surfSD
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby surfSD » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:42 am

tropicanax wrote:has anyone tried to apply for housing in the tower yet?? will they all be snatched soon ?? is it too late if i submit deposit on/closer to may 1st?


I applied today. Emailed the lady in charge of processing applications and she said to send them in asap, obviously. But no mention of spots being completely filled soon. I would assume there will be spots open for a bit longer as many people are still making decisions on where to attend. When you do apply, it can be done over email. Maybe you can snag a spot before someone using snail mail!

User avatar
chraruce
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby chraruce » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Well, UC Hastings got back to me and this is what they had to say (edited a little bit, but main content unchanged):

"Your file is under review. You will receive a decision shortly; we expect to issue all decisions by late April or early May.


Our only suggestion, which we make to all applicants, as deadlines approach is that you work with the offers of admission you have actually received because depending on where you have applied and who you have yet to hear from you may or may not receive further offers. Also, as many schools will work their waitlists into the summer it could be a while before you have a final answer from all schools. You may be in the position, as many applicants are, of putting down a non-refundable deposit at the best school you have been admitted to while you wait to hear from others."

So there ya go. And I think, given my numbers, that they may just be trying to fit me in their class... or they may be very slow, oh well. Had to send my deposit to American U.

LockBox
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby LockBox » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:13 pm

chraruce wrote:Well, UC Hastings got back to me and this is what they had to say (edited a little bit, but main content unchanged):

"Your file is under review. You will receive a decision shortly; we expect to issue all decisions by late April or early May.


Our only suggestion, which we make to all applicants, as deadlines approach is that you work with the offers of admission you have actually received because depending on where you have applied and who you have yet to hear from you may or may not receive further offers. Also, as many schools will work their waitlists into the summer it could be a while before you have a final answer from all schools. You may be in the position, as many applicants are, of putting down a non-refundable deposit at the best school you have been admitted to while you wait to hear from others."

So there ya go. And I think, given my numbers, that they may just be trying to fit me in their class... or they may be very slow, oh well. Had to send my deposit to American U.


So does anyone think that if you haven't heard yet/are waitlisted, that putting a deposit down somewhere else may decrease your chances of getting the call from Hastings? Obviously it's prudent to secure alternatives but I am wondering what anyone else waiting to hear might think.

organic muskrat
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby organic muskrat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:27 pm

absolutely not.

calawdude
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby calawdude » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 pm

LockBox wrote:
chraruce wrote:Well, UC Hastings got back to me and this is what they had to say (edited a little bit, but main content unchanged):

"Your file is under review. You will receive a decision shortly; we expect to issue all decisions by late April or early May.


Our only suggestion, which we make to all applicants, as deadlines approach is that you work with the offers of admission you have actually received because depending on where you have applied and who you have yet to hear from you may or may not receive further offers. Also, as many schools will work their waitlists into the summer it could be a while before you have a final answer from all schools. You may be in the position, as many applicants are, of putting down a non-refundable deposit at the best school you have been admitted to while you wait to hear from others."

So there ya go. And I think, given my numbers, that they may just be trying to fit me in their class... or they may be very slow, oh well. Had to send my deposit to American U.


So does anyone think that if you haven't heard yet/are waitlisted, that putting a deposit down somewhere else may decrease your chances of getting the call from Hastings? Obviously it's prudent to secure alternatives but I am wondering what anyone else waiting to hear might think.

Are you referring to the possibility that one school might learn of the fact that you made a deposit at another school? I don't think that would happen.

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby splitsplat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Schools that you have deposited with will be able to see what other schools you have also deposited with starting May 15. Hastings would not find out you had deposited with another school unless you told them so I don't really see that hurting your chances.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Withdrew my app like 3 weeks ago....got denial email today. lol

User avatar
chraruce
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby chraruce » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Got my rejection e-mail today as well =(

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5691
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby BVest » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

chraruce wrote:Got my rejection e-mail today as well =(


+2 (sans having withdrawn an app as did FinallyGoing.

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby aliceydu » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm going to withdraw, too. How do I do that?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm

aliceydu wrote:I'm going to withdraw, too. How do I do that?


Just send an email I think

tropicanax
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby tropicanax » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Join the Facebook group if you'll be attending Hastings!!!


https://www.facebook.com/groups/1322422 ... p_activity

User avatar
jigglebottom
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby jigglebottom » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:24 pm

sorry if asked but has anyone heard back from a waitlist yet?

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby westcoast » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

splitsplat wrote:Schools that you have deposited with will be able to see what other schools you have also deposited with starting May 15. Hastings would not find out you had deposited with another school unless you told them so I don't really see that hurting your chances.


I'm curious to know where you got this information about May 15th. That's interesting.

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby splitsplat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:05 pm


User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby westcoast » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm

splitsplat wrote:http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/whom-to-admit.asp

Bottom of the page.


Cool. Thanks. I wonder how lsac intends the information to be used.

postn0bills
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby postn0bills » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Hastings finally broke up with me via text message. Ouch.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:35 pm

postn0bills wrote:Hastings finally broke up with me via text message. Ouch.


Seriously?

Does any other school do that? Kinda messed up.

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby kapital98 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
postn0bills wrote:Hastings finally broke up with me via text message. Ouch.


Seriously?

Does any other school do that? Kinda messed up.


That's cruel. I'm sorry.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, BrittanyJeream, General_Tso, gilmoregirrrl, Google Adsense [Bot], Houzy, Keilz, Kimmysradscreenname, ladida88, LAW1995, mudiverse, PDX4343, Snowjon, ssolli, themouse92, vho1791 and 34 guests