Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
melanne89
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby melanne89 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Submitted in November, haven't heard a word from Hastings. Anyone else in my situation?

Heretofore
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Heretofore » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Applied day before the deadline, in today via email

apollo2015
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby apollo2015 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Heretofore wrote:Applied day before the deadline, in today via email


Congratulations!

User avatar
onedavetoomany
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby onedavetoomany » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:48 am

Anyone going to the admitted students day on Saturday? If so, any idea about dress code?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 am

onedavetoomany wrote:Anyone going to the admitted students day on Saturday? If so, any idea about dress code?

wear whatever you want, just don't look too sloppy. i think i wore jeans and a sweater last year.

organic muskrat
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby organic muskrat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 am

Just found out I was admitted today.

Wish I could make it to their newly admitted students day(s). Wish even more that I could get substantive funding (I don't know if I have).

Tuition is nearly $50K/year for in-state residents. The cost rose $6K over one year, and additional increases are certain. Our state is ostentatiously trying to fix the economy at our expense.

Republitarian
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Republitarian » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:07 am

organic muskrat wrote:Tuition is nearly $50K/year for in-state residents. The cost rose $6K over one year, and additional increases are certain. Our state is ostentatiously trying to fix the economy at our expense.

The tuition is 40k per year for in state residents.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 am

It's 46.5 and 52.5

User avatar
odetojefferson
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby odetojefferson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 am

hadisious wrote:
ohcanada wrote:Has anyone not received their financial aid notice/award yet?

I haven't. Starting to wonder what the deal is.


+1. at 75% for LSAT and GPA....

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby aliceydu » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 am

odetojefferson wrote:
hadisious wrote:
ohcanada wrote:Has anyone not received their financial aid notice/award yet?

I haven't. Starting to wonder what the deal is.


+1. at 75% for LSAT and GPA....


I'm at 50% for both. I wrote them an email two days ago, and still no word. PLEASE GIMME MONEYYY!!! -_-

User avatar
Gavel
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Gavel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 pm

melanne89 wrote:Submitted in November, haven't heard a word from Hastings. Anyone else in my situation?


same here. hate this waiting. deposits for other schools are coming up. don't want to pay for more than one school but unfortunately that might end up happening.

User avatar
prosen5808
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby prosen5808 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:It's 46.5 and 52.5


I got something in the mail from Hastings a week or two ago saying tuition this year for instate is 43 - is there already newer info?

User avatar
aliceydu
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby aliceydu » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 pm

prosen5808 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:It's 46.5 and 52.5


I got something in the mail from Hastings a week or two ago saying tuition this year for instate is 43 - is there already newer info?


The tuition card in my package says $43,486 for in-state

surfSD
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby surfSD » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:29 pm

aliceydu wrote:
prosen5808 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:It's 46.5 and 52.5


I got something in the mail from Hastings a week or two ago saying tuition this year for instate is 43 - is there already newer info?


The tuition card in my package says $43,486 for in-state


Same

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby splitsplat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

$43,486 is the straight tuition.
+$82 Activity Fee (mandatory)
+$526 Health Service Fee (mandatory)
+2,481 Accident & Sickness Insurance (can be waived with proof of other insurance)
------------------
=$46,575 which is probably what most people will pay because most students won't have outside health insurance.

--LinkRemoved--

michaelweisshar
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby michaelweisshar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:43 am

Complete since 1/31 and still nothing... Any reason to be worried?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 am

splitsplat wrote:$43,486 is the straight tuition.
+$82 Activity Fee (mandatory)
+$526 Health Service Fee (mandatory)
+2,481 Accident & Sickness Insurance (can be waived with proof of other insurance)
------------------
=$46,575 which is probably what most people will pay because most students won't have outside health insurance.

--LinkRemoved--


The page I looked at I think just had the bottom line number, I didn't realize it included extra fees.

In any case, thanks to Obamacare, a lot of us should be able to stay on our parents health plans and get a healthcare waiver.

lilmissallyful
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby lilmissallyful » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:18 pm

michaelweisshar wrote:Complete since 1/31 and still nothing... Any reason to be worried?


I was also UR since 1/31 and didn't hear back until yesterday. They seem to be taking their time with decisions so I wouldn't worry :)

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:19 pm

How do I check my status? I am beyond confused :p

User avatar
splitsplat
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby splitsplat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:12 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:How do I check my status? I am beyond confused :p


Hastings doesn't have a status checker.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm

splitsplat wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:How do I check my status? I am beyond confused :p


Hastings doesn't have a status checker.


So when people talk about being "complete" and "under review" from where doth they obtain their information?

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:11 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:
splitsplat wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:How do I check my status? I am beyond confused :p


Hastings doesn't have a status checker.


So when people talk about being "complete" and "under review" from where doth they obtain their information?


Email.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:
splitsplat wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:How do I check my status? I am beyond confused :p


Hastings doesn't have a status checker.


So when people talk about being "complete" and "under review" from where doth they obtain their information?


Email.


Thanks!

thedumbwaiter
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 am

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby thedumbwaiter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey cool cats!

I just breezed by and thought I’d give my two cents on LEOP. I’m also a 1L.

I think LEOP’s great and I’m sure the vast majority of my classmates agree. I don’t want people to read this thread and get the impression that non-LEOP students have a problem with LEOP because in my experience that would be way off base. Maybe a small percentage have issues with it but there’s always going to be the odd person who feels hard done by. Honestly it’s just not something that comes up much in conversation. Most people don’t care who's in it and who isn't but if you are a LEOP student and don't want people to know then people will probably never find out. Just as an aside, some of the most prestigious Hastings alum went through LEOP.

Lasers: you say you’re all for the program but you’re clearly not. ‘Borderline unfair’? ‘Too far’? That doesn't sound like someone who’s all for it. Perhaps you’re all for the idea of admitting a diverse student body but want it to just end there? The fact is that Hastings doesn't just accept people to help them look more diverse. They take students they think will succeed and they stick with them over three years. I know you’re just giving your personal opinion but you seem really bitter about it.

I live in the Tower so if anyone has any questions about it I’ll try to answer them for you. I live in an efficiency apartment and I like it
so much I’m even staying in it next year.

I’m going to be one of the tour guides at ASD on the 31st; if you’re going then come on my tour!

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Hastings 2011-2012 Cycle

Postby Lasers » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 am

thedumbwaiter wrote:
Lasers: you say you’re all for the program but you’re clearly not. ‘Borderline unfair’? ‘Too far’? That doesn't sound like someone who’s all for it. Perhaps you’re all for the idea of admitting a diverse student body but want it to just end there? The fact is that Hastings doesn't just accept people to help them look more diverse. They take students they think will succeed and they stick with them over three years. I know you’re just giving your personal opinion but you seem really bitter about it.


i think you're misunderstanding me. as i've said over and over, i am 100% behind LEOP. my only issue is the amount of help that is given. you can certainly pm me if you are interested in my point of view and what i know of the system because i don't want you, or anyone, to think i am, for whatever reason, against the program. i think they need to tweak the system, not that they need do away with it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, carlos_danger, jstans, malysh, maybeman and 15 guests